Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Really thinking about quitting boards.... Got into a semi-argument with another boardsie on another thread and they basically went through my post history which was kinda creepy

Maybe I post too much info on here, which don't get me wrong is a blessing but for someone with a bit of time they could probably work out who I am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Really thinking about quitting boards.... Got into a semi-argument with another boardsie on another thread and they basically went through my post history which was kinda creepy

Maybe I post too much info on here, which don't get me wrong is a blessing but for someone with a bit of time they could probably work out who I am

Don't quit over that, I am on many forums. So many trolls out there, or as one would say keyboard warriors. I don't take anything to heart no more on what is said.
    People that try and put you down or whatever for their own amusement are ,or more than likely are the ones with bigger problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just deleted a post as I am too scared of repercussions. Simply I have not posted and cannot stay on baords for the nastiness I an subjected to by a number ,of folk, . I am nearly 80 in very poor health and deeply upset at it all. Folk say ignore it but it i is not happeing to them.
    All the mods do is delete the comments. So they carry on,.
    I am now increasingly unwell and depressed by it atop of existing health and other issues . . Scared to log on . They have won. Just that,

Blessings to all here . Loved being here but just too much. It even spread to my weblog . thankfully had comments on moderation and now closed them totally and cannot face posting there either . A world where old ladies are attacked like this? Too much .
    BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Don't quit over that, I am on many forums. So many trolls out there, or as one would say keyboard warriors. I don't take anything to heart no more on what is said.
    People that try and put you down or whatever for their own amusement are ,or more than likely are the ones with bigger problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Please don't go Grace. One or two gobshytes with issues who big themselves up by making vile comments to posters on boards compared to the vast majority of posters who look forward to your eloquent observations don't count . You and I don't agree on all topics, but that's not to say I don't have a soft spot for you. You honestly humble me at times. If boards is a way for you to connect and express yourself, don't give it up because of some pathetic losers.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Please don't go Grace. One or two gobshytes with issues who big themselves up by making vile comments to posters on boards compared to the vast majority of posters who look forward to your eloquent observations don't count . You and I don't agree on all topics, but that's not to say I don't have a soft spot for you. You honestly humble me at times. If boards is a way for you to connect and express yourself, don't give it up because of some pathetic losers.

+1

Im not going to let some creep with too much time on their hands deter me from posting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

+1

Im not going to let some creep with too much time on their hands deter me from posting

+1

Please don't go-just because some douchebags are 'policing' boards (not the mods, I mean, they're lovely) doesn't mean you should go-some douchebags use the internet to hide behind-while being scared creeps in real life.

You've been very helpful to us all-even offering advice for some embarassing issues, without judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just deleted a post as I am too scared of repercussions. Simply I have not posted and cannot stay on baords for the nastiness I an subjected to by a number ,of folk, . I am nearly 80 in very poor health and deeply upset at it all. Folk say ignore it but it i is not happeing to them.
    All the mods do is delete the comments. So they carry on,.
    I am now increasingly unwell and depressed by it atop of existing health and other issues . . Scared to log on . They have won. Just that,

Blessings to all here . Loved being here but just too much. It even spread to my weblog . thankfully had comments on moderation and now closed them totally and cannot face posting there either . A world where old ladies are attacked like this? Too much .

Put yourself first. If you want to come back, then come back.

posted a few ones but am shaking and feel sick. what the **** is wrong with me. closing down again. IS this PTSD as last week was so appalling here?

Thanks folks. Suddenly understood what was wrong. Dived in head first. The ME is very bad as well .

Been outside moving everything into cover as we have another yellow alert gale tonight. A large bin was on the path that used to be out at the back... drained but I had intended to take a break of a week from here so that was as planned.

You are wonderful folk, thank you; Here for you always

Blessings and peace

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Thanks folks. Suddenly understood what was wrong. Dived in head first. The ME is very bad as well .

Been outside moving everything into cover as we have another yellow alert gale tonight. A large bin was on the path that used to be out at the back... drained but I had intended to take a break of a week from here so that was as planned.

You are wonderful folk, thank you; Here for you always

Blessings and peace

Ah lovely to hear your feeling a bit better graces . Feeling weird here just weird . Can’t put my finger on it but it makes me very uneasy

• Advertisement

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Ah lovely to hear your feeling a bit better graces . Feeling weird here just weird . Can’t put my finger on it but it makes me very uneasy

Thanks

The M.E is appalling these days. I have tried many times to find out if it worsens in old age, but they tell me that very few with M.E,live to my age! Most older folk ie past middle age who die who have M.E die from " overwhelming infections". M.E is an auto immune disease so we are prone to infection. I live alone in a remote place and for the last year, stay on the island as I have no car now. So I have not caught so much as a cold since I came here. The internet is a wonderful resource and I set up good supply lines.

But these last weeks! OH MY! Partly the weather, so many gales etc. Another coming in tonight.
    Blows all the bugs away!

Stay calm; the world is in a hard place just now and it affects all of us. We have a saying, " This too shall pass. "

Last night an aggressor got his just deserts... ;) Another day …. cold and such a wind last night...this is a looooooooong winter.. Picked a marigold yesterday .. Little bright orange star...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Pure pissed over how stupid my Dad is today, he is "stuck" in work, he got the day off but can't leave cause he'd have to drive past the teachers strike and won't. WTF?

Unsettled. Too many changes . Every time I look at anything it has changed and gone ..Too much inhumanity; reading the accommodation landlord stuff. etc etc etc. sorry; just so unsettled. need to be back in a rut! Know what I mean?

I think this is what is at me too. External? Too much going on out there.

I think this is what is at me too. External? Too much going on out there.

Yeah graces too much going on external and way too much indoors too :(

Yeah graces too much going on external and way too much indoors too :(

Knowing is a lot of the help. Shoulder it! HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!

Knowing is a lot of the help. Shoulder it! HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!

Love it graces u always make me smile !
    How’s everyone’s evening going ??

Love it graces u always make me smile !
    How’s everyone’s evening going ??

lol

Well. tomorrow I am going to treat myself! Buy some seeds online; regret the postage costs but..

SWEET ROCKET. the most fragrant flower there is; have grown it in many places,

SWEET PEA

And one other? hmmmm!

found a site called seedaholic….

sleep time... have a lovely evening

I have a blood test in the morning. I am crapping myself. I know it needs to be done but i fear. I don't mind the test it's the results which i worry much about and the wait. If i can ever have some luck in my life i would choose for everything to be ok rather than winning the euromillions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I have a blood test in the morning. I am crapping myself. I know it needs to be done but i fear. I don't mind the test it's the results which i worry much about and the wait. If i can ever have some luck in my life i would choose for everything to be ok rather than winning the euromillions.

Best of luck Bohs. I came on here to post a whinge about my current emotional state but your post has quickly put everything back into perspective. Hope you don't have to wait too long before the results and that the results bring positive news.

Bitterly cold and waiting for first light to try a short walk lanewards.. Not been able to be out with such bad weather, so am getting slack. We shall see; have to find my socks first, ;) Wish me luck

(((HUGS)))

I need some advice lads, has anyone dealt with cyber bullying or abuse? Some idiot is always at me on adverts and is now doing it on my personal FB and YouTube.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I need some advice lads, has anyone dealt with cyber bullying or abuse? Some idiot is always at me on adverts and is now doing it on my personal FB and YouTube.

Did you report it to each website?

No but i wouldn't take any BS from anyone on the internet. I'm going to GP now for bloods but will have time go reply better if i don't pass out lol.

Oh that’s terrible things are hard enough without that crap too
    I would echo and say u need to report this person on each individual site . This is why I’m not on any social media only boards . Hugs to you
    Good luck BohsCeltic I’m the very same with the monthly blood test I have to get now wondering and scared to how bad the results will be . Hugs to u too

I'm back. Now the long wait :(

Block them. Report to each website too. Is there any reason why they are doing it ?

• Advertisement

Block them. Report to each website too. Is there any reason why they are doing it ?

I'm guessing jealousy or just don't like me, I've even bought off them before and never had any problem. They've been at it for years but it's more aggressive now.

Advertisement