Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sniffing and sneezing etc.. I seem to remember this last year and was early hay fever.. shaky too.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'm guessing jealousy or just don't like me, I've even bought off them before and never had any problem. They've been at it for years but it's more aggressive now.

I get this on boards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I need some advice lads, has anyone dealt with cyber bullying or abuse? Some idiot is always at me on adverts and is now doing it on my personal FB and YouTube.

Them fcukers thrive on interactions and attention.
    The best way to deal with them is to totally ignore them and have zero interaction with them.starve them of the attention they crave in their boring hollow lives.they won’t be long getting bored.
    Best of luck.

Them fcukers thrive on interactions and attention.
    The best way to deal with them is to totally ignore them and have zero interaction with them.starve them of the attention they crave in their boring hollow lives.they won’t be long getting bored.
    Best of luck.

sadly I have not found that true here on boards and I have to stay off for long whiles . the vultures wait and watch. they attack my posts for the sake of attacking so not a question of giving them attention as these are public general posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yeah I just reported all his stuff, his accounts are all banned now.

• Advertisement

Shaking! The shopping came; in before the storm. They leave the boxes on the drove so I decant into bags and make several journey.. there was coal as usual and I lost my balance and ended up in the brambles with the cat! Thought I was getting weak as I could barely move the bag then at last realised it was a bigger bag than usual... all is safe and I can rest. Getting old and weak!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Graces7 wrote: »
    Shaking! The shopping came; in before the storm. They leave the boxes on the drove so I decant into bags and make several journey.. there was coal as usual and I lost my balance and ended up in the brambles with the cat! Thought I was getting weak as I could barely move the bag then at last realised it was a bigger bag than usual... all is safe and I can rest. Getting old and weak!

Oh graces hope your ok ???

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Oh graces hope your ok ???

lol. I am fine! Just was.. undignified! The cat and I sat there together a while.. All is now in safe before the storm; food, meds, coal. Life out here is very basic but it was so lovely out there in the gloaming. Moon, clouds, flat ocean.

The cats have all had raw chicken and there is peace so am about to close down and sleep...Our minds live within our bodies so that is fine too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I have a blood test in the morning. I am crapping myself. I know it needs to be done but i fear. I don't mind the test it's the results which i worry much about and the wait. If i can ever have some luck in my life i would choose for everything to be ok rather than winning the euromillions.

Had a missed call from my Doctor and a voicemail. I was terrified to listen. But thankfully my bloods were ok. The relief is better than winning any amount of money.

Try and get my Psoriasis sorted now. I just had a shower, yes 2am but i have to put many creams on. It was agony. Trying to do a simple thing like wash my short hair caused so much pain. But after being relieved by getting some good news i kicked myself up my ars* and got it done.

I'm not religious, but when i listened to that voicemail i looked up and said a prayer to my Aunt who recently passed away. I got a feeling she was looking out for me.

The fight goes on. Never give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Had a missed call from my Doctor and a voicemail. I was terrified to listen. But thankfully my bloods were ok. The relief is better than winning any amount of money.

Try and get my Psoriasis sorted now. I just had a shower, yes 2am but i have to put many creams on. It was agony. Trying to do a simple thing like wash my short hair caused so much pain. But after being relieved by getting some good news i kicked myself up my ars* and got it done.

I'm not religious, but when i listened to that voicemail i looked up and said a prayer to my Aunt who recently passed away. I got a feeling she was looking out for me.

The fight goes on. Never give up.
    Great news...and bless your Aunt !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭worded

These are links to really relaxing videos, particularly the first one !

May you all find your banquet in the Forrest of life

and

https://youtu.be/ftvrK64fuP0?t=145

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAer4rDnA6I

I'm guessing jealousy or just don't like me, I've even bought off them before and never had any problem. They've been at it for years but it's more aggressive now.

bad is this on the weather forum and I blasted a few back yesterday. Deeply distressing. Am asking boards ie what their policy is re cyber bullying and naming a ringleader. Too ill and exhausyed; but I rattled a few lugs as the Orkney expression has it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Did everyone go out and vote?

Found myself too drained (erratic sleep with the weather) and having to do a night shift. Meant I slept too late to vote.

Found myself too drained (erratic sleep with the weather) and having to do a night shift. Meant I slept too late to vote.

No. I had not reregistered out here and given I am housebound etc and it needs Garda cert there was not time. Would have need a postal vote also.

And where I live, a totally safe seat looked likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Graces7 wrote: »
    No. I had not reregistered out here and given I am housebound etc and it needs Garda cert there was not time. Would have need a postal vote also.

And where I live, a totally safe seat looked likely.

Hope you and your cats are ok in the storm graces

I voted. I walked through the storm and pain but made sure i voted, and it worked out good because my voice counted.

I've no interest in politics, wen't to Dublin to shop and then spend all day inside chilling.

I voted. I walked through the storm and pain but made sure i voted, and it worked out good because my voice counted.

Oh I wasn't judging-I've voted before. This time things got on top of me.

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hope you and your cats are ok in the storm graces

Thanks and yes. I am an old hand at storms.. It was worse in the North Sea years and we would lose eg chickens in the 3 day events there. But we are fine here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Anyone try chamomile. There's an article by the NCBI (medical journal) that suggests it binds to the same receptors as benzos so it might not be just herbal placebos.

chamomile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone try chamomile. There's an article by the NCBI (medical journal) that suggests it binds to the same receptors as benzos so it might not be just herbal placebos.

chamomile

Yes indeed. Buy it out of Tesco (own brand) and stick two tea bags in your cup. Excellently potent :)

Yes indeed. Buy it out of Tesco (own brand) and stick two tea bags in your cup. Excellently potent :)

What does it do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

What does it do?

It's a nice relaxant

Oh I wasn't judging-I've voted before. This time things got on top of me.

Oh i wasn't having a dig at you. Apologies if you thought that.

On another note. As i am still fighting Irish Life i got a letter in from my pension company today. Money is invested in them ffs . Couldn't make this stuff up.

That and mint tea can be very soothing. Just from my own experience. Tho I often would drink some peppermint tea while having a chat, so maybe the talking played a part too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Nope. Actually the first time I haven't voted. Just couldn't be bothered dragging myself out the house, that simple really. Besides, they're all a bunch of snakes anyway, so no matter who gets voted in we're still gonna get bitten. Well, those of us ordinary working class folks anyway.

Have to go to Doc's tomorrow. Pfft. Hate going to Doc's. Have to pay for parking, have to drive in in this miserable weather instead of staying at home, having to wait ~30 minutes or so in the waiting room. Balls to it. On the plus side, I'm going treating myself to a bag of chips from somewhere. McD's? Burger King? Who knows, as long as it's greasy, unhealthy and likely to clog the arteries! Need something to cheer me up!

On another note. As i am still fighting Irish Life i got a letter in from my pension company today. Money is invested in them ffs . Couldn't make this stuff up.

Oh I know you weren't-just being a little clearer on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Oh I know you weren't-just being a little clearer on my part.

89c.gif

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Well, in a bad spell of anxiety at the moment. I think it blends with the depression and I feel like that negativity and over thinking absurd anxiety is absurd.

• Advertisement

For me. the down moods are caused by the M.E. Real nonetheless but my life changed when I understood that.

A hard week or two; weather related out here.

One of my faith family reads widely on all these matters. She knows thus more re M.E, than anyone I know. Her latest research shows that the hypersomnia is not simply seasonal SAD but the M,E. Which is why it can strike at any season. Awareness is power. It helps.

Punch drunk with lack of sleep now which comes hard when the illness is yelling SLEEP. Storm after storm out here.

Wearing ear plugs at night.

stay safe all...

Advertisement