Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

All anxiety and crap here too. Management all over the shop scrabbling to keep up with ever changing international restrictions, me nerves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

All anxiety and crap here too. Management all over the shop scrabbling to keep up with ever changing international restrictions, me nerves

Grocery shopping was tricky on Friday, but I'd heard it was mad as hell on Thursday.
    People literally fighting over trollies.

Bread and Toilet paper was scarce.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grocery shopping was tricky on Friday, but I'd heard it was mad as hell on Thursday.
    People literally fighting over trollies.

Bread and Toilet paper was scarce.

Split it up between fridsay and this morning with my earphones in, wouldn't have bothered but i have OH to look out for too. Glad i braved it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Split it up between fridsay and this morning with my earphones in, wouldn't have bothered but i have OH to look out for too. Glad i braved it though

Well done and to all who are coping so well out there. Ill abed here but have excellent supply lines. Stay well

Not here much at all; too much virus talk in almost every thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Hi all

Not a good day or month or year so far for me.

Do you ever just get the feeling that everything you do is wrong? Or, if you don’t even know If you are wrong or not?

This is where I am. :/

Baaaaah!

I’m stronger than this. But not managing to fight it successfully right now.

• Advertisement

It is really not an easy time, I'm getting very wound up and down at the same time.. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

I really dont care if I get this virus it would be a way out for this awful mental illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

candycock wrote: »
    I really dont care if I get this virus it would be a way out for this awful mental illness.

Depending on how it goes down it could be a horrific way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm sorry you're feeling like this. Do you find the sense of foreboding is exasperating your symptoms? I find I'm shutting down, which is a default reaction to stressful situations. River on the Nile, here. And I'm only half switched on.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're feeling like this. Do you find the sense of foreboding is exasperating your symptoms? I find I'm shutting down, which is a default reaction to stressful situations. River on the Nile, here. And I'm only half switched on.

Another weekend has passed without a thing exciting happening, phone never rings, no friends, complete loner here and life in a mess.

• Advertisement

Another weekend has passed without a thing exciting happening, phone never rings, no friends, complete loner here and life in a mess.

I'm the same but I don't really feel it anymore, I just keep busy with hobbies or watch random crap on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That's really tough on you. I'm quite the loner too and have managed to cut myself off from so many good friends and i do feel really lonely at times. I'm lucky I have a OH but we aren't together all of the time and besides he can't be my everything. I di get where you are coming from candycock. If it's any help, you're not alone in being alone. It can help to post on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Ah - candycock. Well. You just broke my spell checker. :)

I’m pretty bad still. Just so low. But it’s good to last with you guys. How are you feeling?

Ah - candycock. Well. You just broke my spell checker. :)

I’m pretty bad still. Just so low. But it’s good to last with you guys. How are you feeling?

Bot feeling anything today, are u off work??

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭lillycakes2

Feeling really anxious but I don't want to waste gp time, how is gp services working at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,827 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Feeling really anxious but I don't want to waste gp time, how is gp services working at the moment?

Anxiety sucks, my own surgery is effectively a no go area, think they're doing phone call only consultations, just got a text from my counselor, he's doing phone only

Could I ring and ask for a presription ?im in bad way , healthcare worker and need to stay going

Could I ring and ask for a presription ?im in bad way , healthcare worker and need to stay going

I'd definitely try it, I'd say they ll do whatever they can to keep people away from surgeries, Id certainly put my own health first if need be, I. E. If you need time off, so be it

I don't feel I can take time off in this situation, we are needed and feel vocation to care but I am anxious

Ugh-freaking sleep pattern's all over the place. Yesterday, I Hit the bed for a 'nap' at 3pm, woke up at 3am...

Lucky I'm outside of towns and cities, I can get out for a breath of fresh air.
    Could I ring and ask for a p
    resription ?im in bad way , healthcare worker and need to stay going

Yes, you can-but you have to call your doctor, and tell them where you wish to have your prescription sent.
    You can't collect it from your GP, at the moment. Has to be sent direct to the pharmacist.

• Advertisement

This week feels like an invisible bully who's decided to slap me around. My sleep pattern is f**ked. (Pardon the language).

It's not been uncommon to sleep for a solid 16 hours these last few days. And that's minimum. One day at the weekend I think I slept for 24 hours. Yesterday I woke up at 3am, went to bed at 5pm, and woke up today at Half past one this evening.
    It's like some mutated form of insomnia.

So my parents are old and not taking this thing serious, my Dad's still going around shopping, golfing and my mother surrounded by little kids and cousins just back from Italy, France and Spain!!! Lovely having to worry about them isn't it... ffs. One suffers from breathing problems on the best of times... ugh.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    So my parents are old and not taking this thing serious, my Dad's still going around shopping, golfing and my mother surrounded by little kids and cousins just back from Italy, France and Spain!!! Lovely having to worry about them isn't it... ffs. One suffers from breathing problems on the best of times... ugh.

You can always ask your GP for advice, over the phone, if you need it.

My mum's GP told her, last week, that it's not as worrying as it sounds. While the news is reporting the infection rate, they're not reporting the recovery rate (or why some countries had such high death toll- China and Italy, for example, have a lung cancer epidemic going on there, atm, due to heavy tobacco use. It aided the Coronavirus in doing damage).
    Just take the necessary precautions. Maybe advise them to take some vitamins to help their immune system.

But also look after yourself-the news is not the best at the moment. (They generally don't care about one's mental health with these broadcasts).

I've become very low again unfortunately, this is a horrible illness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

After five years of major depression and nine years of moderate, today I'm finally taking my first antidepressant. Terrified though.

fr336 wrote: »
    After five years of major depression and nine years of moderate, today I'm finally taking my first antidepressant. Terrified though.

ive been struggling with anxiety and depression since my teens, i only went onto a mild anti depressant recently, havent looked back since,best of luck with it

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ive been struggling with anxiety and depression since my teens, i only went onto a mild anti depressant recently, havent looked back since,best of luck with it

Great to hear Wanderer, best wishes to you

Wanderer78 wrote: »

I just can't do it lol

Did it. 9 years in the making. I'd like to thank my family, my friends and most of all the crap that is Coronavirus...

• Advertisement

fr336 wrote: »
    Did it. 9 years in the making. I'd like to thank my family, my friends and most of all the crap that is Coronavirus...

fair play to you, its just a tablet. i ll be taking my second one of the day just after my lunch, they do help

Advertisement