Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,827 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Poor sleep, stressed in general. Anxious and now work (from home) is starting to get busier. Outside of routine I'm very bad at procrastinating. Seeing my psychologist next week. Things are bit a frayed. I'm still exercising, within the 2km limit. Definitely some cabin fever and negative thoughts can spiral from there. Didn't even leave the house on Mon, but did some yoga from Youtube.

any youtube yoga recommendations, im missing my class?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    any youtube yoga recommendations, im missing my class?

Yoga with Adriene.

****ty night, and I suspect a ****ty day to come

Night times are still extremely painful and lonely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Night times are still extremely painful and lonely

I hear you. Its miserable and hard to even get a bit of rest..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Just popping in to say Hi, hope everyone is doing alright.

Music helps me a lot, give it a listen if you need something uplifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Very quiet here,hows everyone doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Doing my best to stay occupied... I'm lucky I'm away from the city or towns or whatever.

'Lockdown brain' has struck a few times.
    It's not fun.

Very quiet here,hows everyone doing?

really not great today, quite depressed and a bit all over the place

really not great today, quite depressed and a bit all over the place

I get you mate, ****ty time, there will be light at the end of the tunnel though

• Advertisement

I get you mate, ****ty time, there will be light at the end of the tunnel though

im feeling better now after a cycle and walk, what a ****ty illness

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's awful. I'm finding it hard right now. I know that will pass but that doesn't help how I am now damn it.. Real physical lethargy also, bastard nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It's awful. I'm finding it hard right now. I know that will pass but that doesn't help how I am now damn it.. Real physical lethargy also, bastard nightmare

The night work is not helping Grem. You're dealing with it, though. Even though you might not think that you are. Even knowing it will pass is dealing with it.I know that doesn't help right now, but subconsciously it's giving you a glimmer of light.

For me, it's trying to shut off my inner voice. Like, tell it to shut the hell up. When I'm on my own, it's at it's most critical. But also when I'm with people too.

So for me, it's trying to shut down the voice.

I've found listening to mental health podcasts helpful. But I absolutely avoid the 'new age' ones.

For me, it's trying to shut off my inner voice. Like, tell it to shut the hell up. When I'm on my own, it's at it's most critical. But also when I'm with people too.

So for me, it's trying to shut down the voice.

I've found listening to mental health podcasts helpful. But I absolutely avoid the 'new age' ones.

can you recommend any podcasts?

my moods all over the shop, im actually not too bad today, very frustrating. my sleep is all over the place though, put on wave sounds during the night to try help, think it worked, i ll try it again tonight

my moods all over the shop, im actually not too bad today, very frustrating. my sleep is all over the place though, put on wave sounds during the night to try help, think it worked, i ll try it again tonight

Would be interested in podcasts too

Shaking off Coronavirus has been very, very weird-the equivalent of a 3-4 week long flu, or hangover.

Someone earlier posted the 'inside of you' podcast with Michael Rosenbaum. That was a decent one, especially the episode with Dolph Lundghren, and Rainn Wilson.

The episode with Stephen Ammell is also really interesting.

(When they discuss faith-I don't wanna know, tho).

Another one is The Hilarious World of Depression. (Despite the title, it's a generally serious discussion of mental illness).

The episode by Mark Duplass was kind of difficult tho-not because of him, just there's a discussion of 'This is John', his short film.
    There's a moment in it that feels sadly too f**king real.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭CaoinDory

Does anyone else feel like they have forgotten what it is to be happy? I mean I find brief glimpses of joy in the happenings and laughter of my kids. But when I'm alone with just me. There is no happiness or content. Just panic and pain and upset. And anger.

I sometimes wonder if this is just how life is for adults. Without my kids, there would be nothing.

CaoinDory wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like they have forgotten what it is to be happy? I mean I find brief glimpses of joy in the happenings and laughter of my kids. But when I'm alone with just me. There is no happiness or content. Just panic and pain and upset. And anger.

I sometimes wonder if this is just how life is for adults. Without my kids, there would be nothing.

Well, you find happiness with your children. That's a positive. For me happiness is with my pets. Or cooking meals for loved ones.

As for how it is for adults... I don't think so. As a child, I was miserable. As a teenager, I was miserable. I'm now here, I'm still miserable.
    My grandmother lived to be 100... never miserable a day in her life. But I think it's because she always found something to do.
    That, and she always felt needed, always had phone calls, always had people visiting her.
    Drank a glass of brandy every night before bed.

Happiness is where you find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yeah that was me that suggested Inside of You, I love how calm and real he gets with his guests, nobody else would ever dare ask some of the questions he asked. Zac Levi is a must.

I listen to a wrestling one Something to Wrestle, not really into the old wresting but I enjoy listening to stories, it's like when you've a grand dad sit down and tell you old stuff.

As for the topic of happiness, yeah I don't know what that is, I haven't been happy in a long long time. Nothing I do makes me happy it just amuses me and distracts me. I'm miserable.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yeah that was me that suggested Inside of You, I love how calm and real he gets with his guests, nobody else would ever dare ask some of the questions he asked. Zac Levi is a must.

I listen to a wrestling one Something to Wrestle, not really into the old wresting but I enjoy listening to stories, it's like when you've a grand dad sit down and tell you old stuff.

As for the topic of happiness, yeah I don't know what that is, I haven't been happy in a long long time. Nothing I do makes me happy it just amuses me and distracts me. I'm miserable.

Thank you again for the recommendation. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Hi all,

Is anyone else starting to feel nervous when going out now?

I went out twice today and could feel very nervous about it, not felt like that in a long time, back in work Saturday after nearly a month out. Maybe it's a good thing.

carzony wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is anyone else starting to feel nervous when going out now?

I went out twice today and could feel very nervous about it, not felt like that in a long time, back in work Saturday after nearly a month out. Maybe it's a good thing.

im actually enjoying going out and about, lovely the good weather, im crashing most nights for a while though, low mood and getting upset

I've found that having no 'normalcy' or concept of normal time has sort of meant I'm overdoing it-so much so I'll go 16 to 18 hour working hours, then crash for 16 to 18 more hours of sleep. It's been weeks since getting sick, and its really starting to bug me.

I'm still not right after the virus (persistant cough, nose is slow to clear). Before getting ill, I could do 4 or 6 hours sleep, and get up and do stuff, and be able to function for a normal work day. (I normally get 8 to 9 hours sleep-but there are exceptions).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Trying to stay positive without the usual mental distractions to keep my pure o at bay.

Helps me laughing at how stupid some of the themes that stick in my head and make me anxious are.

Stay strong all

really struggling today, very low

really struggling today, very low

Me too. Got word my illness benefit is coming to an end so I don't know what to do

Me too. Got word my illness benefit is coming to an end so I don't know what to do

apply for disability with the help of your doctor, it ll take a few months to get word back, theres another fund you can apply for while you re waiting, Supplementary Welfare Allowance. you ll probably get that while you re waiting for disability

• Advertisement

apply for disability with the help of your doctor, it ll take a few months to get word back, theres another fund you can apply for while you re waiting, Supplementary Welfare Allowance. you ll probably get that while you re waiting for disability

I'd thank you but the button isn't working for me!

I think I'll just face going back to work if my job is still there! I'm in a lot better position now than before

Advertisement