Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Strong feelings of loneliness tonight

They're the worst, them and the feelings of your own mortality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Strong feelings of loneliness tonight

Always seems to come on a Friday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

carzony wrote: »
    Always seems to come on a Friday night

I get it most nights, drink doesn't help..

4Ad wrote: »
    I get it most nights, drink doesn't help..

Drink makes it worse-it's a depressant for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

They're the worst, them and the feelings of your own mortality.

Eases with advanced age. All gone here as I near 80. Much more at peace.

This week I have had to compile details of my banks etc and where and how I want to be buried so y overseas family will know my wishes and what they have to do re pensions etc

It was hard at first but it has brought acceptance; also I have seen several times folk on line finding it hard to do all this after family have died so that has eased it. Maybe we should all do this reality? It is after all the one thing we are sure of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Wide awake, too many nightmares and stress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,822 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Wide awake, too many nightmares and stress

Sleep issues are just a pain in the hole

Sleep issues are just a pain in the hole

Sleep irregularities are a pain to me. A lot of folks I work with are in different timezones. Somedays, I hit burnout, hit the bed at about 5pm on a Sunday, and then wake about 9 or 10 on Monday morning.

Managed to get the virus (The one that caused lockdown) back in March... no doubt that's been messing with me quite a lot since.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Eases with advanced age. All gone here as I near 80. Much more at peace.

This week I have had to compile details of my banks etc and where and how I want to be buried so y overseas family will know my wishes and what they have to do re pensions etc

It was hard at first but it has brought acceptance; also I have seen several times folk on line finding it hard to do all this after family have died so that has eased it. Maybe we should all do this reality? It is after all the one thing we are sure of

I wrote to my bank asking what they would need for my folk to access and close my account . Delighted and impressed when they sent an excellent printed booklet, " What to do when someone dies. " and a helpful letter. AIB ; thank you.

Almost all sorted and I feel happier for it. So deeply unwell just now .. Usual winter stuff ad the M.E is at ….. day by day now as we all have to do

Stay well! Stay safe" Stay strong! .

I wrote to my bank asking what they would need for my folk to access and close my account . Delighted and impressed when they sent an excellent printed booklet, " What to do when someone dies. " and a helpful letter. AIB ; thank you.

Almost all sorted and I feel happier for it. So deeply unwell just now .. Usual winter stuff ad the M.E is at ….. day by day now as we all have to do

Stay well! Stay safe" Stay strong! .

look after yourself grace

• Advertisement

look after yourself grace

AH thanks; and the same to all of you. I know this enemy and as along as I am left alone to myself I will cope. Having dr issues just now. They have no idea what many of us go through!

AH thanks; and the same to all of you. I know this enemy and as along as I am left alone to myself I will cope. Having dr issues just now. They have no idea what many of us go through!

we need you around for as long as possible

Last few days been rough. Some of my issues sprang up. Hit a bout of hypersomnia too, on Sunday. It threw me off entirely.

Ooooh! That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me since ?? I will endeavour to oblige!

Ooooh! That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me since ?? I will endeavour to oblige!

nothing is needed in return grace, all humans are needed in my eyes, in particular seniors, us younger ones need you around for as long as possible, now more than ever

nothing is needed in return grace, all humans are needed in my eyes, in particular seniors, us younger ones need you around for as long as possible, now more than ever

I wish I could more in these appalling times. I am so blessed out here. Well used to isolation as I chose it to prevent my own illness endangering my life. My job now is to stay safe. Simply that; so is yours . As simple as that.

Abed with a cat posing as a hot water bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

So I'm after coming of my medication gradually but think it's still giving me side effects..I wake up with awful back aches and kinda dizzy sometimes during the day. Anyone else have this coming off Lexapro? I didn't stop cold turkey I followed GPs advice but still feel rotten..and I feel like a burden ringing her again I swear she thinks I'm a hypocondirac..

Amzie wrote: »
    So I'm after coming of my medication gradually but think it's still giving me side effects..I wake up with awful back aches and kinda dizzy sometimes during the day. Anyone else have this coming off Lexapro? I didn't stop cold turkey I followed GPs advice but still feel rotten..and I feel like a burden ringing her again I swear she thinks I'm a hypocondirac..

im on sertraline, ive had to reduce dosage, due to side effects, blurred vision. my mood has become a little unstable, increased lower mood moments, but it does seem to be settling down now. im a couple of weeks on the lower dosage, but my vision issues have persisted on and off, but seems to be also settling down, hopefully so. i have been experiencing an increase in back ache, since starting the medication, but its hard to know if that is due to the medication or a reduction in relevant exercises, yoga and pilates etc, very annoying though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭lilydonoghue

I’ve been weaning my dose for a month and just wondered is that anything to do with the amount of body pain I’m having. Now I’m sure it is. My mood has dropped a bit but I’ll see how low I can go. I’ve been on the too long

I am so sorry but I cannot stay on boards unless something s done. re a poster. just cannot take it and am too ill to cope any more. this is why I was away all those months …. just too ill. nearly 80 and having this as well as illness and losing a loved on to covid.

Love you all but unless this is stopped

• Advertisement

I am so sorry but I cannot stay on boards unless something s done. re a poster. just cannot take it and am too ill to cope any more. this is why I was away all those months …. just too ill. nearly 80 and having this as well as illness and losing a loved on to covid.

Love you all but unless this is stopped

take care of yourself grace, apologies, i didnt mean just us here on boards, i mean humanity in general needs you around for as long as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

I’ve been weaning my dose for a month and just wondered is that anything to do with the amount of body pain I’m having. Now I’m sure it is. My mood has dropped a bit but I’ll see how low I can go. I’ve been on the too long

Oh really I suppose we are all different in now long side effects last how long are u on them do u mind me asking? I feel like ****.lol! Exact same low mood, snappy cant sleep but I'm exhausted. And the aches and pains I swear I feel ancient 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭lilydonoghue

Oh really I suppose we are all different in now long side effects last how long are u on them do u mind me asking? I feel like ****.lol! Exact same low mood, snappy cant sleep but I'm exhausted. And the aches and pains I swear I feel ancient ��

I’ve been on them 14 years on and off, I find the deadly slow wean best for staying off longest. Since this week I’m weaning another tiny bit for a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hi,hope everyone is doing ok..

I saw this lad last night on Youtube, ye probably know him already..I thought he spoke alot of sense, that struck a chord with me.
    Hope it helps someone a tiny bit even..
    Keep safe.

Johann Hari, The reasons why Im depressed.. i cant link the video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Have been hanging on by my fingertips waiting for face to face appointments to restart. Online doesn’t work for me, I feel even more isolated afterwards. Starting to feel really desperate at this stage, and with the news tonight I just don’t know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Multipass wrote: »
    Have been hanging on by my fingertips waiting for face to face appointments to restart. Online doesn’t work for me, I feel even more isolated afterwards. Starting to feel really desperate at this stage, and with the news tonight I just don’t know what to do.

It's very, very tough. *hugs*

Multipass wrote: »

i was offered online service at the beginning of this, knew it wouldnt work for me, new medication is working thankfully, dont feel the need for online, look after yourself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couldn't do online either nor phone. So for the most part relying on an occassional meet which i guess it'll be next year for the next now. Taking it hard right now but i'm going to working no matter what so hopefully that structure will see me through

Just dropped in to wish all here well. I am having a very difficult autumn/winter healthwise so have been offline etc.Just plodding on with essentials now. Stay safe out there. Blessings and peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Just dropped in to wish all here well. I am having a very difficult autumn/winter healthwise so have been offline etc.Just plodding on with essentials now. Stay safe out there. Blessings and peace

Same greetings to you Grace

Advertisement