Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

TD has emailed that he has taken up my case with HSE. That was a swift response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I am feeling so low today. So low and sad and tired and defeated.

I love Christmas, and I was hoping I would feel like myself when it came around, but there's too much bad news in the air. It's been a bad week for anxiety so my sleeping hasn't been great either. I guess a break from work will be helpful, I hope so anyway.

I hope the rest of you are doing ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I love Christmas, and I was hoping I would feel like myself when it came around, but there's too much bad news in the air. It's been a bad week for anxiety so my sleeping hasn't been great either. I guess a break from work will be helpful, I hope so anyway.

It seems everyone is struggling right now, Charlie. You're not alone in feeling like this. I dont know if that's any comfort to you. It can give me sense if of solidarity with fellow sufferers. I know you understand how I'm feeling and vice versa, especially when those around us just dont get it and it's so hard to articulate anyway. 'I'll root for you and you'll root for me.' kind if thing. I'm not even trying to put a veneer on it at the moment. I'm feeling terrible and that's just how it is. I'm gonna put the tree up today. I don't want to but I'll just do it mindlessly I think. Sorry you're feeling so rough. Let's both do something nice for ourselves, whatever that is for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It seems everyone is struggling right now, Charlie. You're not alone in feeling like this. I dont know if that's any comfort to you. It can give me sense if of solidarity with fellow sufferers. I know you understand how I'm feeling and vice versa, especially when those around us just dont get it and it's so hard to articulate anyway. 'I'll root for you and you'll root for me.' kind if thing. I'm not even trying to put a veneer on it at the moment. I'm feeling terrible and that's just how it is. I'm gonna put the tree up today. I don't want to but I'll just do it mindlessly I think. Sorry you're feeling so rough. Let's both do something nice for ourselves, whatever that is for you.

Thanks so much. I don't like to think of anyone else feeling this way, but it does help to know I'm not alone in it. I'm sorry you're in the same boat. I think maybe I'll do some baking later today, it's another mindless thing but at the end of it I'll have something tasty and the house will smell nice, and you'll have a pretty tree to light things up.

Thanks so much. I don't like to think of anyone else feeling this way, but it does help to know I'm not alone in it. I'm sorry you're in the same boat. I think maybe I'll do some baking later today, it's another mindless thing but at the end of it I'll have something tasty and the house will smell nice, and you'll have a pretty tree to light things up.

(((HUGS))) My answer for everything..

And yes re baking! Just hour by hour. I knit and watch cathedral carols on youtube Do small housework as I am able. Treats are grand.

Think of how you would act towards someone else who is down and to that for YOU.

And yes we are all with you.

• Advertisement

Stop watching the news. Once in the morning, once at teatime is more than enough. Live half an hour at a time. Know we care.

Wishing all well and at peace..

Vanishing cyber-cathedral -wards for the duration with great joy.

Oh and weblog will be updated...

Take all the pleasures you can; Christmas IS a gift

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm trying to get to grips with the effects of my anxiety. Anyone experience being fine during the day but their mind wonders to bad places at night? I've been waking up with a weird feeling in my back lately. A shaking or murmuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I hope you all had a nice Christmas

Mine was far from great, I had to unfollow some Christmas threads as everyone seemed to be having a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Appearances can be deceptive. People put their best foot forward for posting. It is not always the reality.
    Try to concentrate on yourself, and appreciate what you have, instead of concentrating on what others appear to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I hope you all had a nice Christmas

Mine was far from great, I had to unfollow some Christmas threads as everyone seemed to be having a great time

Meeoow wrote: »
    Appearances can be deceptive. People put their best foot forward for posting. It is not always the reality.
    Try to concentrate on yourself, and appreciate what you have, instead of concentrating on what others appear to have.

I had to stay away from my Instagram also. The amount of 'happy' family pics reminded me of how lonely I've been this year.

Although, I slept through a lot of the holiday tbh..I feel nice and rested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I'm trying to get to grips with the effects of my anxiety. Anyone experience being fine during the day but their mind wonders to bad places at night? I've been waking up with a weird feeling in my back lately. A shaking or murmuring.

I’ve recently started to have panic attacks in the middle of the night. I was helped by having an ecg done, that gave some reassurance that it is ‘just’ anxiety. Maybe seeing a doctor about your back would help?
    Otherwise what helps me is YouTube, something long and quite boring with a calm voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Multipass wrote: »
    I’ve recently started to have panic attacks in the middle of the night. I was helped by having an ecg done, that gave some reassurance that it is ‘just’ anxiety. Maybe seeing a doctor about your back would help?
    Otherwise what helps me is YouTube, something long and quite boring with a calm voice.

this is sometimes referred to as 'asmr'

Multipass wrote: »

I have had facial neuralgia and severe headaches for weeks now and no pain killers of course and was very glad I had had that brain scan earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

Hi all.

I hope everyone has been having a nice Christmas. :)

I have recently become interested in Aromatherapy and Lego sets. I am finding both therapeutic. I am really enjoying building the Lego sets, and I will begin to collect them, specifically classic vehicles. I have always loved Lego but forgot it existed. It has been helping me focus and relax. My sleeping ability has improved slightly, although I am still having difficulty.

Wanderer78 wrote: »

ASMR is very calming and helpful. Specifically I watch WhispersRedASMR and Zeitgeist on YouTube.

alanzo27 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I hope everyone has been having a nice Christmas. :)

I have recently become interested in Aromatherapy and Lego sets. I am finding both therapeutic. I am really enjoying building the Lego sets, and I will begin to collect them, specifically classic vehicles. I have always loved Lego but forgot it existed. It has been helping me focus and relax. My sleeping ability has improved slightly, although I am still having difficulty.

I collect lego sets as well though I keep them boxed for future generations!

Also I cannot sleep for sh1t tonight

alanzo27 wrote:
    ASMR is very calming and helpful. Specifically I watch WhispersRedASMR and Zeitgeist on YouTube.

I know someone else who loves whispering asmr, helps them a lot with sleeping, I'm partial to the sound of rain and running water

I know someone else who loves whispering asmr, helps them a lot with sleeping, I'm partial to the sound of rain and running water

I've a good app relaxio which allows you to customise noises eg. White noise, train tracks, water

• Advertisement

I've a good app relaxio which allows you to customise noises eg. White noise, train tracks, water

Excellent, I might check that out, I just downloaded a load of sound effects, and leave them play at low volume all night, works very well

Excellent, I might check that out, I just downloaded a load of sound effects, and leave them play at low volume all night, works very well

Sorry its actually called 'white noise generator' I'm pretty sure it was called relaxio in the past

I collect lego sets as well though I keep them boxed for future generations!

I retain all of the original packaging and protect the boxes with cling film. :) I would like to keep a sealed copy but I enjoy building. Lego is expensive.

I love the sound of falling rain. Specifically experiencing it when inside a car or tent. :)

alanzo27 wrote: »
    I retain all of the original packaging and protect the boxes with cling film. :) I would like to keep a sealed copy but I enjoy building. Lego is expensive.

I also want to purchase LED kits so I can take night photography with the vehicles. :)

:confused: I may be being thick but no idea what that means.. ;)

Also I cannot sleep for sh1t tonight

I slept very deeply for a few hours and when I was roused by the weather ) although I had apparently slept through thunder) the facial neuralgia I have had for weeks had gone, Sweet relief.

Weather very loud so I have been sitting abed knitting watching youtube landlords and tenants in chaos ..

I may venture outside to see if there is snow atop the mountains but we have a Force 8 -9 northerly gale all today so I may not.

Feeling good else. In pain/drained but else bettering. It has been a good Christmas here. The hamper healed....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Graces7 wrote: »
    :confused: I may be being thick but no idea what that means.. ;)

People whispering and making random noises into a mic. The sound of their breathing and lips smacking irritates me. Spotify have great playlists called rain sounds that you can time. Also for me I listen to Richard Dawkins narrate his books on YouTube, something about his voice that knocks me out, again I listen to it on a timer so it switches off after about 45 minutes

People whispering and making random noises into a mic. The sound of their breathing and lips smacking irritates me. Spotify have great playlists called rain sounds that you can time. Also for me I listen to Richard Dawkins narrate his books on YouTube, something about his voice that knocks me out, again I listen to it on a timer so it switches off after about 45 minutes

No thank you! lol... I need total silence and blessedly I have that here - unless a gale is blowing. But I know silence unnerves some folk. It heals and soothes me.

We are each and all different.

Gracious! That last gale gust! Made me cringe... They said up to Force 9 Strong gale and they meant it

• Advertisement

AS my TD is on holiday until Jan 6th I have sent HSE all the info they could possible want - o \r not want - and signed them off until he has contacted them

Also told them that I had HSE contact re a complaint many years ago and it was handled properly; HSE were respectful assigned me to another GP immediately AND ensured my meds were covered and no gap.

And the dr concerned apologised and all was handled well and that that was in a very remote area too.

They can all go fly... I AM ON HOLIDAY.

Advertisement