Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

Graces7 wrote: »
    :confused: I may be being thick but no idea what that means.. ;)

ASMR stands for "Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASMR

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

I can't sleep tonight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

alanzo27 wrote: »
    I can't sleep tonight. :(

Me neither!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Me three :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My partner can't either, i am at work and i really could. :o Anxiety is a curse.

• Advertisement

Bloody rain outside is keeping me up

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

My tinnitus is sky high, woke me up here. I can't cope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

(((WARM HUGS ALL ROUND)))

Has anyone seen my feet please? I lost touch with them in the night...

Has anyone seen my feet please? I lost touch with them in the night...

Did you locate your feet yet Grace's? Mine are awol here.

• Advertisement

Meeoow wrote: »
    Did you locate your feet yet Grace's? Mine are awol here.

lol.. anyone reading this thread!

Oh yes. I wish I hadn't as the raynauds agony was still when they were awol …. lol...no pleasing some folk!

But the deep silence here is awesome. There is literally no sound.. Not a whisper. I know that unnerves some but it heals for me.

Finding your feet has a deep meaning around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hotrodder

lol.. anyone reading this thread!

Oh yes. I wish I hadn't as the raynauds agony was still when they were awol …. lol...no pleasing some folk!

But the deep silence here is awesome. There is literally no sound.. Not a whisper. I know that unnerves some but it heals for me.

Finding your feet has a deep meaning around here!

What does finding your feet mean. I’m awake half if night but will end up sleeping when it’s time to wake up☹️

hotrodder wrote: »
    What does finding your feet mean. I’m awake half if night but will end up sleeping when it’s time to wake up☹️

It means you are settling somewhere; the ground is getting familiar and safe in many forms. eg learning your way around in a new job. .

Finding your feet when they are so cold they have gone awol is a little different!

One huge blessing of old age is that I can sleep when I like. When summer comes I can wander the lanes in total peace at 4 am.

It means you are settling somewhere; the ground is getting familiar and safe in many forms. eg learning your way around in a new job. .

Finding your feet when they are so cold they have gone awol is a little different!

./quote]

Aha, I took you up wrong. I thought your wee piggies were cold.
    I'm far from finding my feet figuratively here. In fact the older I get, the harder it is to find them!

./quote]

Aha, I took you up wrong. I thought your wee piggies were cold.
    I'm far from finding my feet figuratively here. In fact the older I get, the harder it is to find them!

No[ you were correct; then the next poster took a different meaning!

I have raynauds and there is almost zero circulation in one foot and a little more in the other. I am still barely aware I have feet today all day. Just is so cold although the place is warm now in here.

Dreading tonight. It will be so utterly cold.

Oh, tonight is supposed to be cold alright. I have my electric blanket, it is my saviour.
    I heard raynauds is sore alright. Keep safe and warm.

Oh, tonight is supposed to be cold alright. I have my electric blanket, it is my saviour.
    I heard raynauds is sore alright. Keep safe and warm.

Cats are grand

and after that last HSE email I have as much chance of sleeping as flying to the moon.. Long night ahead

It has clouded and rained here so is much warmer, and my solid fuel stove is a mighty force.. LOVE this place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Hi just wondering if anyone could share their experiences with Lexapro, particularly for treatment of social anxiety or GAD.
    Not looking for medical advice just want to know others experiences.

Thanks.

Hi just wondering if anyone could share their experiences with Lexapro, particularly for treatment of social anxiety or GAD.
    Not looking for medical advice just want to know others experiences.

Thanks.

Was on it a few years, worked OK until it didn't I had to switch. No real side effects felt

Honestly didn't get a grip on anxiety until I was put on pregabalin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Was on it a few years, worked OK until it didn't I had to switch. No real side effects felt

Honestly didn't get a grip on anxiety until I was put on pregabalin

Thanks, My biggest problem is panic setting in and like a wall going up that I cant get passed. Did you find either of the medications good for this type of thing?

• Advertisement

Thanks, My biggest problem is panic setting in and like a wall going up that I cant get passed. Did you find either of the medications good for this type of thing?

Yeah pregabalin blew my anxiety out of the water, but I also take the occasional valium when things get a bit much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I am feeling so, so bad. I'm either overwhelmed by dread and feel powerless to do anything to change that or I feel 'switched off' like I'm not really here at all. Panic attacks waking me from my sleep. I'm not looking for advice. Just need to share this somewhere. Sorry for dumping on you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I am feeling so, so bad. I'm either overwhelmed by dread and feel powerless to do anything to change that or I feel 'switched off' like I'm not really here at all. Panic attacks waking me from my sleep. I'm not looking for advice. Just need to share this somewhere. Sorry for dumping on you all.

I’m still in a rough run too. Sorry you’re feeling this way. It can be a vicious cycle can’t it?
    Bad sleep = more anxiety = bad sleep = less able to cope with the anxiety and round and round it goes.

We all know it won’t last forever, or at least at the level of intensity it’s at right now, but that doesn’t make it easier to bear while it’s ongoing. I hope it gets a little bit easier for you soon. It’s one of the hardest times of year for a lot of us. Keeping you in my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Sardonicat wrote: »

Same here, panic attacks at night. I’m too scared to drink because of them, so a dry New Years this year. Hope things improve for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

First time ever going to bed before midnight on new years, and I kinna liked it, it meant I had a better sleep and I'm awake earlier, happy New year folks, and thank you for your support

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    First time ever going to bed before midnight on new years, and I kinna liked it, it meant I had a better sleep and I'm awake earlier, happy New year folks, and thank you for your support[/QUOTE

I have done this for years and it is great

I was though roused at exactly midnight by a cat fight outside.. The only cat on the island who does not live here is trying to muscle in!

I made coffee and called home ie Canada and am about to sleep. I no long longer have a sleep pattern and that no longer worries me. I think it was the worry rather than the no sleep pattern that was damaging

NEW YEAR HAPPIES TO ALL HERE!

Anxiety spiking thinking about work on Monday. Not looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Anxiety spiking thinking about work on Monday. Not looking forward to it.

January is usually a very bad time for everyone.. The uncertainty with these lockdowns doesn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Anyone tried an antidepressant with little or no sexual side effects?

I can manage the weight gain side effects but the sexual ones are why I stay off them.

• Advertisement

carzony wrote: »
    January is usually a very bad time for everyone.. The uncertainty with these lockdowns doesn't help.

Ha ha, I usually love January. I'm a January baby, and the days are getting brighter.
    But I just can't pull myself out of the anxiety, partially because of the lock downs, and because I can't take anti depressants.

Advertisement