Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I don't like it. Genuinely. It makes me irritable beyond belief. Like a hangover.

Yea im similar to, ive sh1t i wanna do, but sleep issues tends to wreck them

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Sleep ruined 3 nights in a row by tinnitus caused by sertraline.. Just about habituating, and then a spike happens. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Meeoow wrote: »
    Sleep ruined 3 nights in a row by tinnitus caused by sertraline.. Just about habituating, and then a spike happens. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

(((HUGS)))

When things were acute with me like that I used to look at the clock and say," I will cope for another hour/half hour.." Limiting it helps.

Graces7 wrote: »
    (((HUGS)))

When things were acute with me like that I used to look at the clock and say," I will cope for another hour/half hour.." Limiting it helps.

Ah thanks. I'm not too bad during the day. There is always noise in the background. But at night, when I'm sleeping, i have woken the last 3 nights with eeeee. It is relentless.

Ah thanks. I'm not too bad during the day. There is always noise in the background. But at night, when I'm sleeping, i have woken the last 3 nights with eeeee. It is relentless.

I know. My pain meds make me sleepy and the pain exhausts me so much I crash these nights. If I do wake and know it is bad I get up, make a hot drink, read, come on youtube, knit... Until sleep is near again. Are there no noise tapes etc to distract?

• Advertisement

I know. My pain meds make me sleepy and the pain exhausts me so much I crash these nights. If I do wake and know it is bad I get up, make a hot drink, read, come on youtube, knit... Until sleep is near again. Are there no noise tapes etc to distract?

I always put on noise at night. White noise can sometimes almost excite my tinnitus, and make it worse. So I usually put on Netflix. But the last 3 nights, it has been louder than the background noise.
    I think your trick of getting up and getting a cup of tea or something is the best idea, cause lying in bed ruminating doesn't help.

I always put on noise at night. White noise can sometimes almost excite my tinnitus, and make it worse. So I usually put on Netflix. But the last 3 nights, it has been louder than the background noise.
    I think your trick of getting up and getting a cup of tea or something is the best idea, cause lying in bed ruminating doesn't help.

It sure don't! I knit etc until it feels " right" to settle again. YOU know ! A midnight treat helps too.. ;) Oh and I do housework then too!

Still having a hard time here with the M.E etc; just pottering and will close at around 3. Slept hours this morning but that is par for the course with this. I used to clock up 19 hours of the 24 asleep and headed that way now. Ah well! bed is warm!

Still having a hard time here with the M.E etc; just pottering and will close at around 3. Slept hours this morning but that is par for the course with this. I used to clock up 19 hours of the 24 asleep and headed that way now. Ah well! bed is warm!

Hugs back at ya Graces!

Hugs back at ya Graces!

Aw thanks! I was so cold before; all part of the M.E. So I literally buried myself under the bedclothes with two of the cats and snoozed. until I got warm .. With the help of my usual meds of course.

But I don't have to be anywhere at any set time.

Try getting up and pottering if it gets bad tonight? I sometimes clear a drawer or cupboard out etc.

Blessings and peace; going over to Ravelry for a knitcatchat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I don't like it. Genuinely. It makes me irritable beyond belief. Like a hangover.

Im having sleep problems too & wrecked all day with no motivation. I hate sitting around feeling like im wasting day after day. It's so hard to get any motivation to do anything.

• Advertisement

Im having sleep problems too & wrecked all day with no motivation. I hate sitting around feeling like im wasting day after day. It's so hard to get any motivation to do anything.

I walked for about 15k yesterday, to try pull my sleep routine back into shape, seems to have worked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭notabogsnotion

I'm so angry. I was such a lovely child and abuse destroyed me. I could kick something.

I'm so angry. I was such a lovely child and abuse destroyed me. I could kick something.

im sorry to hear that, your anger is understandable, and does need to be processed, but positively

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

Hi I'm new to posting on here. Suffer with anxiety have been on lexapro nearly 7years. My anxiety bad this evening. Got a heat rush to my head , little dizzy and now I feel absolutely **** since.. Rang my g.p 2 weeks ago but isnt seeming patience unless it an emergency due to level 5.

Anyway is anyone on lexapro and feel it isnt working? I'm afraid mine has stopped working. I feel I've regressed d
    So much in the last few months due to all these restrictions.

junebabies wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to posting on here. Suffer with anxiety have been on lexapro nearly 7years. My anxiety bad this evening. Got a heat rush to my head , little dizzy and now I feel absolutely **** since.. Rang my g.p 2 weeks ago but isnt seeming patience unless it an emergency due to level 5.

Anyway is anyone on lexapro and feel it isnt working? I'm afraid mine has stopped working. I feel I've regressed d
    So much in the last few months due to all these restrictions.

Im not on Lexapro, im on something else but definitely feeling more anxious & depressed with the restrictions.
    Even though your doctors not seeing patients they should still be giving phone consultations and can advise you on what to do. My GP emailed my prescription to the chemist after I spoke with her on the phone. If I was in your position I would call back and ask for the doctor to contact you. You might just need to up your dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

Im not on Lexapro, im on something else but definitely feeling more anxious & depressed with the restrictions.
    Even though your doctors not seeing patients they should still be giving phone consultations and can advise you on what to do. My GP emailed my prescription to the chemist after I spoke with her on the phone. If I was in your position I would call back and ask for the doctor to contact you. You might just need to up your dose.
    Hi thanks you, I'm on the highest dose, I'll ring g.p monday, he is doing phone consultations alright but I just prefer to see him in person. I'm nervous to change meds but I'll see what he thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

PatFran96 wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of taking Setraline for anxiety, 3 weeks in now and feeling just horrible, still got nausea, feeling really down and depressed with it and anxiety is still very high. Trying to decide whether to just kick them or keep with for another while

If it's making you worse why take it?

It's very important to question what you are prescribed and sometimes say no.

Years ago a GP prescribed anti-depressants to me. Made me feel numb which to me was far worse that feeling nothing feeling instead of feeling depressed. I walked in one day and said to her I am never taking them again. She brought up side effects/ tampering off/ dangers etc etc I said I don't care I am simply not taking them or any alternative. That was it.

That was about 9 year ago. Something to be said for not taking this stuff. I know many who's mental health got worse with them not better. Each to their own but if it makes you feel worse to me it's a no brainer.

If it's making you worse why take it?

It's very important to question what you are prescribed and sometimes say no.

Years ago a GP prescribed anti-depressants to me. Made me feel numb which to me was far worse that feeling nothing feeling instead of feeling depressed. I walked in one day and said to her I am never taking them again. She brought up side effects/ tampering off/ dangers etc etc I said I don't care I am simply not taking them or any alternative. That was it.

That was about 9 year ago. Something to be said for not taking this stuff. I know many who's mental health got worse with them not better. Each to their own but if it makes you feel worse to me it's a no brainer.

The first two months are the hardest while your body takes time to adjust. I think it's important to stick it out for atleast 8 - 10 weeks and if still not feeling great then either change to something else or taper off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Hi guys, I need to chat to someone, do you think it'd be appropriate to ring my mental health nurse on a Sunday?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi guys, I need to chat to someone, do you think it'd be appropriate to ring my mental health nurse on a Sunday?

I would presume that if they are available their phone will be on, go for it.. If not try Aware, I find them better than samaritans perhaps because of the experience talking to people with depression

• Advertisement

I would presume that if they are available their phone will be on, go for it.. If not try Aware, I find them better than samaritans perhaps because of the experience talking to people with depression

OK thank you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

OK thank you

And of course there's always here if you just want to decompress a bit. Take care..

There's a good Facebook page, 'mental health matters mcr support group' if you are interested. It is a closed group.

No answer from the nurse unfortunately. I've sent him a text to arrange a call tomorrow hopefully.

If I still feel crap later I'll ring aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

No answer from the nurse unfortunately. I've sent him a text to arrange a call tomorrow hopefully.

Caredoc is an option if you really need to speak to someone.

Hope youre ok

Hope youre ok

Thank you, I'm ok for now but hoping the nurse can arrange a call tomorrow hopefully as he understands me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

PatFran96 wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of taking Setraline for anxiety, 3 weeks in now and feeling just horrible, still got nausea, feeling really down and depressed with it and anxiety is still very high. Trying to decide whether to just kick them or keep with for another while

Hi. I'm on Sertraline but I've only been on it for six days. It doesn't seem to be having any effect so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PatFran96

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm on Sertraline but I've only been on it for six days. It doesn't seem to be having any effect so far.

The side effects have eased for me, but not yet feeling much less anxious (only at times), this is after 5 weeks. Doctor has now upped my dosage so need to give that some time to see if it makes any difference, if not will need to switch to something else. Good luck with it!

• Advertisement

Thank you, I'm ok for now but hoping the nurse can arrange a call tomorrow hopefully as he understands me

How's today going?

Advertisement