Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'm panicking every morning. I just needed to vent, I'm sick and tired of the dread everytime I wake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I'm panicking every morning. I just needed to vent, I'm sick and tired of the dread everytime I wake

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad. This too will pass. I'm in quite good form this morning, for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Yep, I have that. Even on non work days. I have work now and dreading that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm on the way home and kinda dreading that because I can't sleep. Ya can't win. Anyway hope the day turns out better than your anxiety made you imagine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Not sure if this counts. I have a nice job and am approaching the last year of my contract. I also fancy a career change but to what I don't know and I find thinking about it incredibly draining. I saw an interesting job advertised in the Benelux area with fluency in Dutch being listed as a mere advantage as opposed to a prerequisite. I'm convinced that if I got it I'd just end up blowing it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,819 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Not sure if this counts. I have a nice job and am approaching the last year of my contract. I also fancy a career change but to what I don't know and I find thinking about it incredibly draining. I saw an interesting job advertised in the Benelux area with fluency in Dutch being listed as a mere advantage as opposed to a prerequisite. I'm convinced that if I got it I'd just end up blowing it.

you wont know until you try, could be an amazing experience, go for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    you wont know until you try, could be an amazing experience, go for it

I probably will. My expectations are suitably low but I've this mindset that if I apply for something, even if I get it I'll make a mess of it. I'm almost grateful for the impending end of my contract as it prevents me from just doing nothing.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I probably will. My expectations are suitably low but I've this mindset that if I apply for something, even if I get it I'll make a mess of it. I'm almost grateful for the impending end of my contract as it prevents me from just doing nothing.

you d just never know, you might just get it, and love it

Can't cope guys, I'm sick to my stomach every morning with anxiety. Maybe it doesn't help my valium was reduced by a fifth. Not sure what to do, not very functional at the minute

Can't cope guys, I'm sick to my stomach every morning with anxiety. Maybe it doesn't help my valium was reduced by a fifth. Not sure what to do, not very functional at the minute

Can you ask your doctor to put the valium dose back up? I know these days the medical profession seems to view valium as almost equivalent to crack cocaine but a lot of people need some help.

Also do you have breakfast in the mornings? Admittedly I don't always practice what I preach but the people who say it is the most important meal of the day aren't lying. It doesn't have to be the largest meal of the day, even just a yoghurt or some fruit.

• Advertisement

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Can you ask your doctor to put the valium dose back up? I know these days the medical profession seems to view valium as almost equivalent to crack cocaine but a lot of people need some help.

Also do you have breakfast in the mornings? Admittedly I don't always practice what I preach but the people who say it is the most important meal of the day aren't lying. It doesn't have to be the largest meal of the day, even just a yoghurt or some fruit.

I could if I knew how to get in touch with them to be honest, I have found it very difficult in the past

I do eat a breakfast bar in the morning, it's all I can stomach

Some protein for breakfast also supposed to help with anxiety. Eg an egg.

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Some protein for breakfast also supposed to help with anxiety. Eg an egg.

I might try that thanks

I could if I knew how to get in touch with them to be honest, I have found it very difficult in the past

I do eat a breakfast bar in the morning, it's all I can stomach

What are the obstacles to getting in touch with your doctor? I'm not clear here. They would have internet or telephone consultations during COVID, hopefully?

What are the obstacles to getting in touch with your doctor? I'm not clear here. They would have internet or telephone consultations during COVID, hopefully?

It's the hospital consultant I see in a clinic outside of the hospital, I'll try giving them a ring but it took days to hear back last time

It's the hospital consultant I see in a clinic outside of the hospital, I'll try giving them a ring but it took days to hear back last time

Ok I see what you mean. It's not St Pats by any chance?

Ok I see what you mean. It's not St Pats by any chance?

No unfortunately it's St jamses

No unfortunately it's St jamses

Ah ok. Well no harm in a follow up call or email. Even with the likes of St Pats sometimes you have to keep hassling them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's a fact, can take quite a bit of persistent, brutally difficult to do when in or near crisis of course..

That's a fact, can take quite a bit of persistent, brutally difficult to do when in or near crisis of course..

That's the irony of it, isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sherazahmed

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Welcome :)

Good to hear from someone who has managed to get past these types of struggles. Gives a bit of hope I guess.

Same here, This should be a must. I'm also free to talk. I guess sharing can relieve everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sherazahmed

I was also facing the same for a while during last year but now I am free. You can share with me and relieve everything and can even have a chat. Stress and depression are dangerous you must stay strong.

I came clean with my boss, have I done the right thing? She said she noticed I wasnt picking up on things lately. Now she wants to check in twice a day with me to touch base. I feel like I've done the wrong thing?

I came clean with my boss, have I done the right thing? She said she noticed I wasnt picking up on things lately. Now she wants to check in twice a day with me to touch base. I feel like I've done the wrong thing?

could be exactly what was needed for you, some employers are really good in regards mental health issues

You had to make a change. You were stuck. Don't beat yourself up any more.

How is everyone today? I have therapy session next week, 1st April.

Oh very good, well, date aside! Are you restarting after a covid hiatus?.

Oh very good, well, date aside! Are you restarting after a covid hiatus?.

Not really, it's just I feel I could do with it.

tdf7187 wrote:

I'm good thanks, that's something nice to look forward to, I'm luckily still getting both online and in person supports

• Advertisement

My abusive elderly mother is making my life a living hell. Suicidal thoughts today again.

Advertisement