Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Today has taken its toll on me mentally and emotionally.

I really want to stay in bed and cry a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

pew wrote: »

*hugs*

So sorry to hear that, Pew. :(

There's no shame in having a lie down and cry. We've all done it.

We're all here for you if you need to chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

pew wrote: »

Not the worst thing in the world.

We all need a good sleep and cry sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Well i had a cry last night, and i havent stopped.

Really feel like im on the verge of having a meltdown soon.

I can pin point it to 3 things and all are causing me such anxiety and stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

`sort of been having mild panic attacks, well not mild but ye know. Still trouble breathing and chest pain so I suppose thats it.
    Got very paranoid last night and panicked and tearful and called my mother in tears as I feel far from home.

I looked this morning and found a counsellor that does lower rates for students (yes lads) but after enquiring I feel too scared and have not booked an appointment.

Was forced out of the house today by a nearby fire (the other place was fine and it was under control quickly) but I met an aqquatinace for tea and met a nice dog and slept most of the afternoon on her sofa (I barely slept last night due to paranoia and such). I feel a little better plus speaking to someone else about stuff.

But I still feel bad in the sense I have been building myself up to see a counsellor for so long but now I tried I chickened and think I need longer to even see someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

At a big social occasion and sitting here on my own feeling very blue. I think seeing others having a good time is making me feel worse. I can't even say I'm depressed. It's just I hate these kind of things. I had to get out of there. I feel guilty now but I have to make sure I don't take it out on other people. Feel like I'm going to snap.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At a big social occasion and sitting here on my own feeling very blue. I think seeing others having a good time is making me feel worse. I can't even say I'm depressed. It's just I hate these kind of things. I had to get out of there. I feel guilty now but I have to make sure I don't take it out on other people. Feel like I'm going to snap.

How are you doing today? Guilt comes with the territory but it won't be looming so large in a day or two.

Might bite the bullet and email/phone a local counsellor to arrange a few appointments tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

failinis wrote: »
    Might bite the bullet and email/phone a local counsellor to arrange a few appointments tomorrow.

Hope you can, with all that's going on a fresh ear could be very helpful.

Hope you can, with all that's going on a fresh ear could be very helpful.

Waiting to see my timetable tomorrow to judge what times would be best.
    A friend of mine is concerned and said I have a lot more going on than most people and that its great I am coping right now - but I need to make sure I continue to cope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I can't hurt to have a talk. :)

Waiting to see my timetable tomorrow to judge what times would be best.
    A friend of mine is concerned and said I have a lot more going on than most people and that its great I am coping right now - but I need to make sure I continue to cope.

You have a good and wise friend there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,402 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm jealous of everyone in here .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I'm jealous of everyone in here .

why would you be jealous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,402 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Because my life is so much more complicated and depressing .

What people share on the net, even anonymously, will often be short on detail, worry about being recognised is usually the reason.. That said there are days i look at others in my life or perhaps on boards and think that i would like to swap for a day.
    I'm here for the night if you want to chat/rant etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,927 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That's subjective. Not everyone here lays everything out for all others to see/compare. That's not what the thread is about.

Just getting my timetable and lectures on how the semesters will run/marking and all that kinda freaked me a bit.
    As expected anyway, will take time to settle.

The counsellor place I emailed replied saying she needs to ring me and "interview" me to see if I am worth seeing.
    I know what she means but she could have phrased that a million times better...

A friend of mine is upset, she seems to want space right now which is grand - but I wanna go give her a hug.

Been feeling I am hiding a lot in plain sight from my own head. Like I know the slightest thing will set me off in a cycle of anxiety and crying. So I feel like I am pretending.

I have been thinking about telling my neurologist to post-pone telling me my results for a few years till I graduate.
    I think that is best.

Friend speaking to me and now I am more dishearten as we are very much both depressed and we ended up talking about how selfish your mind makes you when you are in these moods and dips.
    I want to help her, but I gotta help myself, but for some morbid reason I don't even want to help myself so what luck does she have.

Had worsening health, may go to a&e tomorrow.

I keep feeling that I am going to die.

• Advertisement

You're in a bad spot right now failinis. Hopefully you'll get some relief tomorrow.

It was having some medical issues (blood stopped flowing into left arm) linked to known issues which was very painful but its all back to normal.

I was anxious so I know last night I just got freaked at anything so felt 100% worse and panicked.

Barely slept so I gues I can spend today as a calm sleepy zombie.

It was having some medical issues (blood stopped flowing into left arm) linked to known issues which was very painful but its all back to normal.

I was anxious so I know last night I just got freaked at anything so felt 100% worse and panicked.

Barely slept so I gues I can spend today as a calm sleepy zombie.

Well as long as it's calm it's all gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Hey all, hope your day is ok.

In an exciting yet scary situation, found out yesterday I am pregnant with baby #3. A big surprise. I have mentioned before that my oldest son has recently been diagnosed with autism so I know my life is going to get more mental.

We are happy- not ideal timing but explains why I am.even more moody.
    Am.going to gp today to get it confirmed and conveniently have psych appointment tomorrow so will.need to ask about existing meds.
    Have one physical issue in past that will impact on pregnancy but can be monitored.

So nervous yet excited.

Worried about families reaction to news as this firas pregnancy since Borderline diagnosis.

mansize wrote: »
    Well as long as it's calm it's all gravy

My sleepy zombie prediction was correct, almost asleep during life drawing and tutor slammed a book behind me - going to sleep now.
    In an exciting yet scary situation, found out yesterday I am pregnant with baby #3. A big surprise.

Congratulations Notsomindful - most pregnancies are a little bit of a surprise but glad that you are happy (but a bit nervous as most people would be).

Seen the creepy guy from the shop today, passed on opposite sides of road, you could see he was looking but trying to not make it obvious (and failing :rolleyes: )

The counsellor fella rang just now, or rather someone to take notes to pass on to counsellor. Done a questionnaire thingy on like must have been how you have been feeling the past week on "rarely - sometimes - often- almost always"
    Made me feel worse reflecting on just how bad I have been this week to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Sorry for leaving you all for so long and then butting back in.

OH got a job. He works 7am-6pm Mon-Sat. And we only have one car. So the house is up at 6am and I'm driving at least 3 and a half hours a day now.

Boys are in school at 9. I have to collect at 12 and 3 from schools. Then collect OH from work at 6. Within this time I have to do homework, cook boys dinner, pay bills, do shopping and prep mine and OH's dinner.

On top of all that our eldest is being assessed for ASD (aspergers and autism) and he has Sensory Disorder too. We are fighting for him to get resources in school and where ever else he needs them. All this while dealing with him having meltdowns and my mischievous 4 yr old.

And then we have to start saving for a mortgage on the house we are in because this place is home and its the first place I feel safe since my grandparents house and its the only place my boys know of as home.

And I have firms out my ears. Life insurance, HSE forms, school firms.

To top it all off I ran over a little bird today. IT flew off in one direction and then changed back. I'm devestated.

So today is a hard one. I know I will keep on going. I have no choice but to keep going. But tonight while my boys sleep the anxieties are taking over and I'm sitting on my couch crying. No family support (bar my wonderful caring OH) very few friend support.

And breathe. OH just walked through the door with Chinese. I really love him.

trixychic wrote: »
    Sorry for leaving you all for so long and then butting back in.

OH got a job. He works 7am-6pm Mon-Sat. And we only have one car. So the house is up at 6am and I'm driving at least 3 and a half hours a day now.

Boys are in school at 9. I have to collect at 12 and 3 from schools. Then collect OH from work at 6. Within this time I have to do homework, cook boys dinner, pay bills, do shopping and prep mine and OH's dinner.

On top of all that our eldest is being assessed for ASD (aspergers and autism) and he has Sensory Disorder too. We are fighting for him to get resources in school and where ever else he needs them. All this while dealing with him having meltdowns and my mischievous 4 yr old.

And then we have to start saving for a mortgage on the house we are in because this place is home and its the first place I feel safe since my grandparents house and its the only place my boys know of as home.

And I have firms out my ears. Life insurance, HSE forms, school firms.

To top it all off I ran over a little bird today. IT flew off in one direction and then changed back. I'm devestated.

So today is a hard one. I know I will keep on going. I have no choice but to keep going. But tonight while my boys sleep the anxieties are taking over and I'm sitting on my couch crying. No family support (bar my wonderful caring OH) very few friend support.

And breathe. OH just walked through the door with Chinese. I really love him.

That's a nice touch by your OH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

mansize wrote: »
    That's a nice touch by your OH.

I know. We've had our ups and downs but he does know how to make me feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Is anyone here on citrol?

• Advertisement

ja1986 wrote:
    Is anyone here on citrol?

Not me ja1986. You just starting it or considering it?

Advertisement