Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Hey all,

Feeling apprehensive. Am.off my anti depressant and coming off anxiety meds in next two weeks. Need to get to wk 36/37 and can start back on meds etc.

It will be weird not having a crutch to lean on and add in hormones I will be all over the place.

My family are in for a fun journey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Take your time Notso. People and family can be more understanding than we think sometimes. I'm about to head to meet my parents and I'm scared but I'll be ok i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Take your time Notso. People and family can be more understanding than we think sometimes. I'm about to head to meet my parents and I'm scared but I'll be ok i think.

Thinking of you Grem. I know only to well how hard those visits are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I stay away too long and make it a big issue which, when i think about it, is pretty close to how i do things mostly.. Feck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I stay away too long and make it a big issue which, when i think about it, is pretty close to how i do things mostly.. Feck..

We all do that I'd reckon.

• Advertisement

Meet your twin. I absolutely hate meeting up with my side. I always end up worked up and nearly having anxiety attacks when it's my mum. And just pure stressed with my dad and siblings. It's easier to leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Had a meeting about my dyslexia/dyspraxia and the woman was so useless saying "do you need any support, sure you are studying art are you not?" - eh yes with essays and dissertations peppered through it for feck sake.

Also told her no one in the Uni is happy about the Uni only offering students 4 counselling sessions a year.

I am waiting for phone call/email for the private counselling atm.

Also my "personal tutor" is a new tutor who rubbed everyone up the wrong way within 5mins of meeting.

Been sick all week in general pain and just pissed off at everything.

Felt like I could do nothing right today.

Another rubbish day - stressed as I could not understand people in the studio due to noise (but I worked on the products).
    Then a tutor got pissed because I did not join in on presenting the final polished up adverts
    (I would be unable to hear the questions and be standing there like a spare dick?)

I try and ignore the whole medical results things - but I am also waiting for bloods on Rheumatoid Arthritis which is likely based on severe Raynuard Syndrome etc

I feel like I am kidding myself on how I feel, and if I pause, even in a queue for the bus and think then I can't escape that cloud of uncertainty. I am just pretending I am grand cause thats the only way I could keep functioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm feeling absolutely awful this weekend, today in particular.

A friend keeps trying to interfere where she shouldn't and sticking her nose into something in particular that is quite hurtful for me and it's getting me so down.

She has really gotten under my skin and she shouldn't have but she has and I am finding it difficult to hold back the tears today.

Honestly why can some people just not take "mind your own business" and do just that, mind their own bloody business.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭1moo345

So after my last post I visited another doctor who supplied the correct medication and really listened and gave me some good advice. I times I feel I am getting worse on the medication but have been told this is normal at the beginning. I have been off work for around three weeks. I was due to return this morning but instead lied in bed and endured an hour long panic attack which resulted in me not going. I am not receiving illnesw benefit so really can't afford to keep doing this but also physically unable to leave the house especially to work it sends me into panic attack mode. I am diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder and it is taking over my life. I don't know what to do.

• Advertisement

Angry, anxious and scared about all the medical question marks.
    I know having caffeine earlier today made my anxiety spike as I tend to not drink it (and this reminds me why) but its just playing again and again in my head the possible out comes.
    I just want to sleep so I dont have to think about it anymore today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

What's up?. Is there anyone you can talk to or do you want to chat here?.

Are you seeing a doctor or getting any help?. Seems like you could do with a talk to someone. Maybe write some stuff down too.

If you had a broken leg they wouldn't tell you to 'get over it' :mad:
    Go to your doc and talk it out with them, you need a more understanding ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,487 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Right now, or later, you can talk to someone from the Samaritans by calling 116123. It's free.

Make that call. They are there 24/7/365.

Also, as Grem said, talk to your doctor/GP. If you don't have one (a GP) yet, go to the nearest / handiest one. If not, or if it's really bad, go to the nearest hospital with an A&E dept.

Things get better. Give it time.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,487 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I've been giving it time. It's just got worse, to a point that I feel I'm beyond fixing..

Read the rest of my post again!

Everyone / everything can be fixed.

Car problem? Talk to qualified mechanic.

Personal / human problem? Talk to ... qualified person.

Every problem can be solved, with a positive outcome for all.

Look forward, man!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

You've recognised something isn't right with you so as Esel said now you need to find a person qualified to help you. Don't know what healthcare is like there but it can't be any worse than here!. Help is out there when you can face it..

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭BaaLamb

I'm sorry you are feeling so awful @jacksie66 I just did a quick google and came up with this website for NZ https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/get-help/in-crisis/helplines/ Looks like there are a few options there for people to talk to so I'd urge you to try getting some help if you are feeling that low. I know you are feeling like ****e now but there is hope and you can get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,927 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It does get better Jacksie66.

I'd like to echo what other posters are saying. It needs professional help and starting with a GP is the best place. Using helplines is also very good and can really help to lift someone out of the very dark place.

Several people posting here can empathise with exactly what you mean when you say it feels like it will never get better. It can feel like that but it truly can get better.

Hope you get some rest tonight and get on Ok at work tomorrow.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I've been giving it time. It's just got worse, to a point that I feel I'm beyond fixing..

Jacksie I have been there. Locking myself in my house and crying day in day out when I wasn't sleeping.

You are NOT beyond fixing. And what's more is that you are WORTH fixing. There are people out there who care about you.

Please get some help. Don't go to work tomorrow. Call in sick. Call in sick all week if you have to.

If you get help things will get better. So much better. And you will begin to feel happy. Your head will clear and you will start to see a way forward again.

You are worth that!!! You deserve a chance. Please make a phone call.

Thinking of you. Xxx and sending hugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Pretty anxious in work today 😖

I haven't posted in a while myself but I have been reading and silently supporting everyone who has needed it.

I'm very anxious today after a relatively good period over the last few weeks. I don't know why today is so bad but it is. Waves of hopelessness washing over me again. OH had a few interviews at the beginning of the month so we're waiting to hear on whether he is going to be offered anything - that is definitely making me super anxious.

I've been doing freelance work and am pretty busy but of course I've not been paid for anything yet so that is a strain and worry. Especially since I was honest and went to social welfare and told them about the opportunities so they suspended my jobseekers allowance pending review by inspector. I was on reduced JSA anyway but still it was some money coming into the house. I've also been offered a few hours PAYE work (less than 2 days per week) so probably start that in October. The work stuff is positive but it still not regular or enough money to replace two PAYE salaries and I'm still terrified of ending up homeless. Yeah that is really worrying me today and is affecting me being able to actually do the work I need to do. Vicious bloody circle eh?

I wish I could wake up someday and not feel afraid.

mansize wrote: »
    Pretty anxious in work today 😖

Sympathies from me and hugs if you'll accept them. Anxiety is so hard to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

It's still good progress, BaaLamb. You have made some very positive strides and hopefully you will get paid soon. Well done :)

• Advertisement

Guys feeling a bit... well basically like I'm letting my family down.

So I got a diagnosis (dx) for our eldest. He has SPD (sensory disorder) and aspergers and I think there many be anxiety there too. He's only 7.

My hubby has started working. 6 days a wk from 7-6. And both our boys are in school 5 days a wk.

I have went from a nice cushy life and sleeping in til 10 to gettin up at 6am to drop hubby to work. He was always home to help with anxiety but now he's gone.

So I have gone all misty and energy level is "running on fumes". But the thing is, this weekend he ended up tidying the house on Sun because I just can't seem to get into it. I'm sitting here looking at what needs to be done, saying I need to do it... but i can't move.

I'm getting our sons to school with lunch, homework done and boys dinner done. But as for washing clothes, folding and putting away, keeping up with cleaning bathrooms, floors, etc AND cooking Hubbys dinner is just not happening.

Has anyone experienced this?? Any tips for me?? I just feel like its so unfair on hubby.

Advertisement