Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry to hear that. Can you pin point anything that might have triggered this?

Not sure really. A part of it is around certain people. They can be snide at best, nasty at worst. Like emotional vampires. They think very highly of themselves and often imply that everyone else is inferior and shouldn't be there.

trixychic wrote: »
    Is it just a "meh" feeling??

Feeling quite down myself lately. I'm just not dealing with OH new job. It's not the fact he's gone, but it's the fact that im up at 6am, in bed for 10/11pm depending on when hr finishes and then I'm driving for 3 hours each day.

All of this on top of a difficult 4 yr old (hes a cheeky monkey and very stubborn but i love him.) And a 7yr old with Aspergers (last night was a nightmare with him) and trying to get 2 seperste dinners done and the household stuff done. I really F**king shattered!!!

And then today I went to the bank to see whatit would take to get a mortgage and its not even a possibility in the near future. Which means we will lose this house. The first place I've felt safe and secure since living in my grandparents when I was 5/6yrs old. I'm dreafibv leaving it owners are selling this yr as they can't afford it anymore (they're OAPs).

If there is a God, please please please just give me a break!!!!!

Edited to add:

Tried to contact my psch team in the day hospital for the past 2 wks but i keep getting voicemail and noones returning calls

Meh is my everyday mood. Haha :o This is more like a mood of defeat coupled with anger.

So sorry that things are rough there at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Meh is my everyday mood. Haha :o This is more like a mood of defeat coupled with anger.

So sorry that things are rough there at the moment. :(

God I haven't had that one. I hope you get through it soon.

trixychic wrote: »
    God I haven't had that one. I hope you get through it soon.

Thanks. These things can fizzle out eventually.

Regarding you trying to get in tough with the psyc team, have you tried contacting the hospital reception? Like just in case numbers or extensions were changed

Thanks. These things can fizzle out eventually.

Regarding you trying to get in tough with the psyc team, have you tried contacting the hospital reception? Like just in case numbers or extensions were changed

I've tried every number I have. (Down through the past few yrs) I've tried the team in the main town and my local town. Not getting responses at all. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very uncomfortable in my skin at the minute, trying to distract and use other skills but nothing so far.

• Advertisement

Very uncomfortable in my skin at the minute, trying to distract and use other skills but nothing so far.

There's nothing worse. Hope you stay safe. :( Thinking of you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At home at least, so less risk of weird behaviour, how are you?

Hope it passes soon, G. *hugs*

It will, i know it must, time doesn't alter for anyone.. Hope you're making it through too Hugo..

It will, i know it must, time doesn't alter for anyone.. Hope you're making it through too Hugo..

Ah ok I guess. Comes and goes. Thanks G

• Advertisement

Weak enough still, the dark is crawling around the edges of my head/thoughts.. I can be vigilant but not for too long at any one time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Feel a lot of pressure lately which I try and block out.
    I am waiting to hear if I will slowly be paralysed or not.
    Appointment a few days after I land home in Dec and just dreading it at times, but also just want to hear where I stand.
    Feels like something expanding in my head, invading every area of my life until I find out whats is wrong, the worry, its invading everywhere.
    University work is being done, art is being made, I am existing as normal but this is looming over me and its so hard sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Nice to find this thread.

Have been feeling a black mood building for a while now after keeping it at bay for some time and it finally came to a head yesterday. Couldn't get out of bed. Had to call in sick to work and won't be going in tomorrow either. Can't face it. I feel like everyone knows something isn't right too. Haven't told any of my family, just told them I've a stomach bug. I don't know when I'll have the energy to go in again. Keep having very dark thoughts. I have an incessant ache in my back and head aches coming and going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,927 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

PressRun wrote:
    Have been feeling a black mood building for a while now after keeping it at bay for some time and it finally came to a head yesterday. Couldn't get out of bed. Had to call in sick to work and won't be going in tomorrow either. Can't face it. I feel like everyone knows something isn't right too. Haven't told any of my family, just told them I've a stomach bug. I don't know when I'll have the energy to go in again. Keep having very dark thoughts. I have an incessant ache in my back and head aches coming and going.

Hi PressRun.
    Sorry to hear things aren't great.
    Hopefully it will be short low spell.
    Could you go to your GP?
    He could help with back and head aches and maybe telling him about your low spell would help you as well.

Hi PressRun.
    Sorry to hear things aren't great.
    Hopefully it will be short low spell.
    Could you go to your GP?
    He could help with back and head aches and maybe telling him about your low spell would help you as well.

I did actually go to him about feelings of depression before about a year ago. He put me on 100mg sertraline, which I took for a few months, but I felt more exhausted than ever while on it so I stopped. I'm worried if I go to him again, it'll just be more of the same. I feel like my back pain and mood are connected somehow. I haven't pulled anything, it's just this dull persistent ache that started over the weekend. Head aches only started this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,927 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

PressRun wrote:
    I did actually go to him about feelings of depression before about a year ago. He put me on 100mg sertraline, which I took for a few months, but I felt more exhausted than ever while on it so I stopped. I'm worried if I go to him again, it'll just be more of the same. I feel like my back pain and mood are connected somehow. I haven't pulled anything, it's just this dull persistent ache that started over the weekend. Head aches only started this evening.

Did the sertraline help albeit with side effects?
    Meds for Depression can take a lot of trial and monitoring before being sure whether they're right or not and the extent of any side effects.

Had a nightmare that my mother had died. Felt like throwing up when I woke. Feel ****. I hope shes ok.

That is a nasty scare to get, i have hyper-realistic nightmares so i can sympathise, if you can, go to a different room or for a shower, try and get yourself grounded, then give her a call..

That is a nasty scare to get, i have hyper-realistic nightmares so i can sympathise, if you can, go to a different room or for a shower, try and get yourself grounded, then give her a call..

She is on holdiday at the moment but I will phone when the tinezome thing is correct. Rarely get nightmares that are hyper real last week there was a rapist coming after me in another dream. I just want sleep.

I hope this period passes fast for you. Exhaustion on top of illness is the worst.

• Advertisement

I hope this period passes fast for you. Exhaustion on top of illness is the worst.

Ive a feeling I have cold or flu working on me, I came home early yesterday to try and rest/avoid one - but it all means nothing if I am exhausted.
    I sleep but its not a good/deep sleep.

Will be fine, I know I have a busy month and a few weeks ahead, and keep telling myself "sure you will be home mid Dec with family, getting ready for Christmas etc and barely any uni work to do" but its tainted by the neurology appointment a few days after I land home.
    It could be good news. It could be bad. It could be mixed.
    I hate this having control over my life. I also hate when people say "its all a mind set, you can change it if you want". If I could do you not think I would be first person who would ya twat. Im not even going to get into it.

Full morning of life drawing, barely want to go to class.
    I will go though as life drawing is not a class you can "catch up" on.

Will message my mum at 10 our time. Just thrown kind of mood.

The life drawing could be very good for you as it's something that requires some serious concentration and observation

The life drawing could be very good for you as it's something that requires some serious concentration and observation

Haha,have you been in a class with me Grem.
    I want to throw myself out the window about an hour in.
    If they change the poses then I am engaged but drawing the same pose for 5hours? :(

It will be fine I think, just gotta keep on going, if I stop then I sink.

Oh oops, my bad! I used to get totally wrapped up in it but of course everyone is different :o Shucks I'm all embarrassed now haha

Did the sertraline help albeit with side effects?
    Meds for Depression can take a lot of trial and monitoring before being sure whether they're right or not and the extent of any side effects.

I didn't feel like it did because I just felt so tired all the time, which affected my mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Thought this was lovely so I'd share here X

So went to the doctor. he's changed the medication so we'll see how that goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Nyctolust

It feels so silly of me to still be this sad on my birthday and all. I still haven't managed to get out of that funk. Only been feeling everything get much darker and been feeling even more physically exhausted on top of everything else.
    The stress and anxiety is unreal. I suppose all I can hope for is that maybe, possibly, people will start taking my mental health problems a little more seriously now that I'm an "adult."

I told my counsellor I wont be attending any further sessions and to ignore if I requested anymore.
    Also told my friend we can't talk anymore.
    I feel so much freer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Nyctolust wrote: »
    It feels so silly of me to still be this sad on my birthday and all. I still haven't managed to get out of that funk. Only been feeling everything get much darker and been feeling even more physically exhausted on top of everything else.
    The stress and anxiety is unreal. I suppose all I can hope for is that maybe, possibly, people will start taking my mental health problems a little more seriously now that I'm an "adult."

Happy Belated Birthday :)

Advertisement