Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I think its anxiety - I have been known to have "seizures" in my sleep in the past and google seems to say its just stress. Which is good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hopefully gp can shed some light on it.. How have you been doing today?

Hopefully gp can shed some light on it.. How have you been doing today?

No appointments today, need to phone tomorrow morning to see if I can get one.
    They will tell me its just stress anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Whenever you get to gp i meant, sorry :o

I'm off today and somehow i'm all over the place in my head.. Stupid thoughts leading to mixed up feelings..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Finally got in touch with the day hospital. (After trying for over a month). Appt just before Xmas!!! Thank God.

• Advertisement

trixychic wrote: »
    Finally got in touch with the day hospital. (After trying for over a month). Appt just before Xmas!!! Thank God.

Delighted for you, you should ask when you're in if theres some other number you could call in case you get the same problem again maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Delighted for you, you should ask when you're in if theres some other number you could call in case you get the same problem again maybe??

I will be saying it to them alright. I mean I'm lucky I had things to keep me going. Otherwise I would have stopped and God only knows what would have happened.

Mh.
    Seen GP that I have liked in the past today by chance.
    He said it does not sound like epilepsy type seizure but some bad sleep tremors/shakes and that based on the fact I have neurological tests under way that it was very prudent that I told this to my neurologist when I seen then.
    Did not really reassure me, I expected to be told stress was doing this to me.
    I told him what tests had come back negative - I said "sure is that not most of them" but he just said "no, no, there are loads of types".
    I just wanted to cry.

Failinis I'd say that was a very clumsy attempt at comforting you. Putting something down to stress may have seemed lazy to the doc and pointing out what happened to neurologist would be a good idea as it's all possibly part of the picture

Failinis I'd say that was a very clumsy attempt at comforting you. Putting something down to stress may have seemed lazy to the doc and pointing out what happened to neurologist would be a good idea as it's all possibly part of the picture

Hopefully it is down to stress, I know anxiety can cause you to shake in your sleep which sounds like what is happening to me.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed but do mention it to neuro too. I messed up on some symptoms over the years. Now i just list every feckin thing

Fingers crossed but do mention it to neuro too. I messed up on some symptoms over the years. Now i just list every feckin thing

Oh no, of course I will mention it to my neurologist - just still thinking it is stress (or maybe rather, it is triggered by stress).

I have a little book where I keep a diary of symptoms related to bone/muscles/gut/stomach/joints etc. Depressing and dull but hey.

I do a journal too. I hate it a lot to be honest but it's helped at times because I'm so scatter brained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Long time reader, first time poster(on this thread anyway).

I find myself getting overwhelmed with things. I try to do many things along side each other(not sure if this makes sense?), but end up running out of patience, or get distracted easily, or lack motivation to do so.

I am engaged to be married to an absolutely gorgeous, fantastic woman, who, like me, also suffers with depression, and also like me, has a physical disability. We have our wedding booked for late 2018. We also are in the process of getting a mortgage to buy a home together.

I need to become fully independent, before I can even think about living with her. The final piece of the jigsaw is that I need to become independent with my bowel management, but it's taking longer than expected to sort out.

We've so many things going on at once!!!!
    She's frustrated(as am I) that we can't yet live together to see how things are going to work out....?

Any suggestions how to do things without frustrating the **** out of myself?

Long time reader, first time poster(on this thread anyway).

I find myself getting overwhelmed with things. I try to do many things along side each other(not sure if this makes sense?), but end up running out of patience, or get distracted easily, or lack motivation to do so.

I am engaged to be married to an absolutely gorgeous, fantastic woman, who, like me, also suffers with depression, and also like me, has a physical disability. We have our wedding booked for late 2018. We also are in the process of getting a mortgage to buy a home together.

I need to become fully independent, before I can even think about living with her. The final piece of the jigsaw is that I need to become independent with my bowel management, but it's taking longer than expected to sort out.

We've so many things going on at once!!!!
    She's frustrated(as am I) that we can't yet live together to see how things are going to work out....?

Anyone?

Hey there Mickey, give us all some time, people will get back to this thread soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,926 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hello Mental Mickey. Welcome to the thread.

Well, first I'd say well done in forming a relationship and being able to be in a position to start thinking about a mortgage. That's success right there. I think it's important to recognize the positives and to try to not let the negatives or pessimism take over. Easier said than done maybe.

I'd suggest setting yourself small goals on realistic time frames. No need or point in trying to do everything immediately. The reality is if you take too much on you'll likely struggle and it may feel like a failure then if you have a setback.

Can you see what needs to happen to help gain the independence you need? If you could identify that then again, try to identify the small steps necessary to get there.

Could you and your gf live together for short periods at a time which might increase as you gain independence, couple days a week, then more, then a week at a time and so on.

Nobody here has "the" answer. Everyone's just trying to keep going themselves and give a little/take a little encouragement, depending on where they're at. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Today i started off with a job, a job offer i accepted and my dog.

Right now, i have no job (my contract has run up), the job offer has been put on hold for the foreseeable future, and my dog has to be put down.

Ive already been struggling badly the past month but this has just knocked me down.

My dog is the only thing that i care about, him and my job were the only things keeping me sane. And now i have to say goodbye to him after 17 years.

Im so not coping well at all.

I am so sorry pew. My own little dogs passing kicked me hard.

Oh fcuk Pew that's rough, have you been over to the Animals and Pets forum? Many like minded people there, a help to me when my little lady died..
    Take time for yourself, that's one huge blow and another big disappointment, do lots of small nice things, self care stuff. That's just so hard, i really feel for you.

• Advertisement

Trying to keep myself occupied. Upset about health. Nervous for seeing neurologist in a few weeks. Also annoyed at uni work. What I am doing is rubbish but no time to change. Ill be up to 2am doing this though.

Hello Mental Mickey. Welcome to the thread.

Well, first I'd say well done in forming a relationship and being able to be in a position to start thinking about a mortgage. That's success right there. I think it's important to recognize the positives and to try to not let the negatives or pessimism take over. Easier said than done maybe.

I'd suggest setting yourself small goals on realistic time frames. No need or point in trying to do everything immediately. The reality is if you take too much on you'll likely struggle and it may feel like a failure then if you have a setback.

Can you see what needs to happen to help gain the independence you need? If you could identify that then again, try to identify the small steps necessary to get there.

Could you and your gf live together for short periods at a time which might increase as you gain independence, couple days a week, then more, then a week at a time and so on.

Nobody here has "the" answer. Everyone's just trying to keep going themselves and give a little/take a little encouragement, depending on where they're at. Good luck.

I need to be able to manage a certain part of my personal care COMPLETELY independently, in order to be able to live with herself. I also need to improve my fitness/strength to be able to manage this bit of my personal care. I MAY have taken on too much in the one go, but I WAS the one who proposed......?

We have a wedding date set for just under 2 years time

Kind of in off mood now. I can't wait to fall asleep so I dont need to think more tonight.
    Just...so much going on and I dont see anything improving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Rough time recently, suffer bad with OD and regularly feel very lonely as I've got no real friends or a girlfriend.
    Had a date on Friday night with a woman I had strong feelings for but it ended with her being very drunk and emotional. Since she doesn't want to see me again.
    These things are building up and really bringing me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Pretttty low at the moment. Seeing a new psychotherapist and she's really good but life is very stuck at present. I can't wait for this year to be over.

Not good here either, as is the way sometimes i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

The final piece of the jigsaw is that I need to become independent with my bowel management, but it's taking longer than expected to sort out.

Not entirely clear on what your issue is but if it is IBS, then Alflorex and Dr Udo's are the best pro-biotics I have found. That is not medical advice of course.

Not entirely clear on what your issue is but if it is IBS, then Alflorex and Dr Udo's are the best pro-biotics I have found. That is not medical advice of course.

I don't have IBS, I have Spina Bifida

So had a very bad close to out of control day, rage manifested and exploded really massively, paying for it now. Physically and mentally wrecked. Fcuk this crap, it's just too tiring sometimes.

• Advertisement

My mother's friend was given the last rites yesterday (not unexpected as the friend is in her 80s etc but it still horrible news).
    Last night I could not stop thinking "So name is likely going to pass way within this week or so - and then my mum might be told her daughter is pretty ill with no cure next week, merry christmas."
    I feel my anxiety being very high in peaks and dips erratically as the appointment comes sooner.

May have my appointment and doctor says "Well, we still need xyz number of tests to come back from the labs still before we know anything."
    So I am getting concerned over what will be a mundane and routine appointment. I know that.
    But I also may be told a test did come back positive (I got a letter telling me about 10 tests which were negative a few weeks ago but that they will continue to do further testing). I presume that most bloods take the same amount of time to test which means there could be more results to hear about. Or maybe the letter I got CC into about brain tumour possibility is correct - even though my MRI was clear.

I have my essay to finish by Thursday or Friday (about 400 words left to write or so but I am struggling.)
    Finish a silk print today but I will be missing a class to finish that final piece so I need to catch up on that class as well.
    Then was told to do a booklet by a tutor because the work I have done so far is ****e it seems.
    And also generally get everything ready to hand in for marking Friday.

Would love to say I am excited to go home but I am not.

Advertisement