Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

My nanny just died. She had been ill. She was 84. I'd visited her last night. I'm glad I got to kiss her goodnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mansize wrote: »
    My nanny just died. She had been ill. She was 86. I'd visited her last night. I'm glad I got to kiss her goodnight

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

My nanny just died. She had been ill. She was 86. I'd visited her last night. I'm glad I got to kiss her goodnight

I am so sorry to hear. Thoughts are with you.

I'm not doing so well right now. came home from work and had a panic attack and cried a little. Definitely making an appointment in the new year with my counsellor. I'm having frequent panic attacks and I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

:( sorry to hear x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sorry to hear that mansize, thoughts with you and yours.

• Advertisement

pew wrote: »
    I am so sorry to hear. Thoughts are with you.

I'm not doing so well right now. came home from work and had a panic attack and cried a little. Definitely making an appointment in the new year with my counsellor. I'm having frequent panic attacks and I don't like it.

Pew, thinking of you. I find Mindfullness techniques helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you got to see her and say your goodbyes. Hopefully that will bring you some comfort in the coming weeks and months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you're okay. Thoughts are with you at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I am struggling myself at the moment.

A month ago I was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer and last week I started chemotherapy treatment and today my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes started falling out.

Hair loss is the most unimportant and insignificant part of cancer and cancer treatment, it's just hair and it grows back, yet, it's still the most difficult part of it.

This might sound strange but having cancer is easy, having treatment is easy, what I find most difficult is the changes and effects of it on daily life, they are, for me, what makes it so incredibly difficult.

I'll be honest, and go as far as to say, chemotherapy side effects are a form of torture. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, there aren't any words or anything that can really describe how utterly awful it is.

It's horrific, absolutely horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Tristrams Shandied

Really wishing you well, SB, during this difficult time. I'll be thinking of you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

A month ago I was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer and last week I started chemotherapy treatment and today my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes started falling out.

Hair loss is the most unimportant and insignificant part of cancer and cancer treatment, it's just hair and it grows back, yet, it's still the most difficult part of it.

This might sound strange but having cancer is easy, having treatment is easy, what I find most difficult is the changes and effects of it on daily life, they are, for me, what makes it so incredibly difficult.

I'll be honest, and go as far as to say, chemotherapy side effects are a form of torture. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, there aren't any words or anything that can really describe how utterly awful it is.

You have my respect.

my mum went through Chemo, it was too much for her so the doctor stopped it after a few sessions. It was awful. Thinking of you

Thanks guys, a few of us grandkids stayed with her last night on the first night of the wake, her own children will do this evening

I found it very cathartic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I don't have much to complain about but I'm crawling in my own skin with something - it's depression related but i only have myself to blame as i managed to forget meds for two days.. Self sabotage is something I do well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

I don't have much to complain about but I'm crawling in my own skin with something - it's depression related but i only have myself to blame as i managed to forget meds for two days.. Self sabotage is something I do well..

Stay strong. Get back on the meds and it'll settle down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Feeling mildly jangled - in a "this time tomorrow I will be back in England" and I just need time to get used to changes.
    Also guilty that I never spent as much time with my mum as maybe I should have liked.
    Feel oddly tired and detached.
    But not much to complain about thankfully. You all have been in my thoughts, as useless as that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Everyone saying happy new year is f***ing killing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

mickstupp wrote: »
    Everyone saying happy new year is f***ing killing me.

A lot of folk are just saying it out of force of habit mick. Hope you're ok.

La.de.da wrote: »
    A lot of folk are just saying it out of force of habit mick. Hope you're ok.

It's mostly out of habit, the same as a Merry Christmas. Hope your okay.

Starting to feel those nerves about flying - and thinking someone will steal my suitcase on the train and I will miss my connections and think something horrible will happen to grandfather/mother/father/brothers etc when I am away because thats just my luck, and I never spent enough time with them over the break, and I know my land lady is going to be salty as always (planning to move before September, preferably before likely summer holidays).
    I'm even nervous of the drive to Belfast as there have been so many car accidents. Then nerves of the fact I am going back to continue my degree and has the work I done over the break good enough and will I be up for it.
    Will this new year bring bad medical results, or inconclusive ones?
    Arhhh

Needless to say, I bet I have some form of anxiety :pac:

Logically I know it will be grand, but of course I have that little voice saying it wont be.

A low has hit me. I dont know how bad it is yet.

• Advertisement

failinis wrote: »

Still badly under after a false start myself, we'll get through even when it doesn't seem like it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

This is a tough month for anybody with depression or anxiety so stay safe people, remember there is always someone there for you, January doesnt last forever so if your going through a bad patch remember it wont last forever either, its important to help each other through it.
    I keep myself motivated by the little things, look forward to watching a film this weekend, a nice walk, thinking of a holiday for the summer, day by day we will get there..

I've not been eating but I did get out of bed, it's the small things I guess.

Hope ye all are feeling better now that the New Year has passed and things are slowly returning to normal.

I've not been eating but I did get out of bed, it's the small things I guess.

Damn right, well done you, any progress is progress, be proud of yourself

jezzer wrote: »

Well said, friend. :)

Hope ye all are feeling better now that the New Year has passed and things are slowly returning to normal.

i think normality is highly underrated, of any time of year Christmas is the most difficult because there is so much expectation and no matter how hard you try its hard not to get swept up in it and its such a high followed by such a low, its the middle of winter and its hard on everybody never mind mental health sufferers, all we can do is try keep the flag flying and it will soon be spring

jezzer wrote: »

I stayed in bed almost all of yesterday, I knew then my mood was worse then I expected.
    I stayed again most of this morning, but I did get up and go into town to get stamps/post a letter after debating if I could get up or not. Glad I did as I seen a nice sunset:

smallpi_zpsrss9vlgb.jpg

To be honest I don't feel any better despite my walk and feel like cutting people off again.

I read a quote earlier "Do not cut a tree in winter, and neither make decisions at your lowest" or something to that effect.

My family today.

So much hostility from my little brother and sister.

I was out home, getting ready to leave and couldn't see my bag where I'd left it, queue - sniping questions and why did you forget where u left it. It was located in my mums room. My bro says why did you put it down there? I hadn't. Mum had, but forgot. He couldn't just leave it he wanted to use it as an excuse to belittle me further.

I'm sick of being their whipping boy

• Advertisement

hugs

Advertisement