Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭PMBC

Yea, Shannon. A family member was similar to you 12 months ago but is much happier and better now - however he does have an occasional bad day. Keep posting here; we'll be here for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

PMBC wrote: »
    Yea, Shannon. A family member was similar to you 12 months ago but is much happier and better now - however he does have an occasional bad day. Keep posting here; we'll be here for you.

I just can't deal with all the bad days like this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭inca2

The bad days don't last forever, Shannon. They'll persist for a while and then somehow, they go away. Fighting through them is so, so draining - physically, mentally - but honestly, someday you'll feel like someone has opened the blinds, or turned a light back on. You just need to draw on any supports you have - the people around you don't want you to suffer through this alone. Never feel like you can't ask for help.

I don't want to pry (or you may have mentioned it before) but are you currently on medication?

inca2 wrote: »
    I don't want to pry (or you may have mentioned it before) but are you currently on medication?

I'm on Prozac

How long have you been on it? When is the last time a doctor reviewed your dose? Or even the choice of medication? Sometimes things need to be tweaked quite often to get the best result for individual people. It's important that if something isn't working as well as you need it to, that alternatives are considered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Shannon757 wrote: »
    PMBC wrote: »

I just can't deal with all the bad days like this :(
    Hi Shannon, you say you can't deal with days like this, but in fact you ARE dealing with days like this. Think about it this way, every hard/awful day you've had, you've survived it. You can push through. One step at a time. Don't see all the future bad days laid out in front of you, we will all have them, thats inevitable, but you will get through each one, just as you have done so far. You will look back on this time and realize that you are stronger than you know now.

How long have you been on it? When is the last time a doctor reviewed your dose? Or even the choice of medication? Sometimes things need to be tweaked quite often to get the best result for individual people. It's important that if something isn't working as well as you need it to, that alternatives are considered.
    4 weeks now. To be reviewed in 2

4 weeks now. To be reviewed in 2

Shan how has your mood been since starting Prozac?

Medications for depression unfortunately cause things to get worse before they get better for a lot of people. Anxiety levels usually go through the roof and sometimes, doctors will prescribe something to help with that in the short-term (I'm taking a beta-blocker to slow my heart rate and help with the tremors and sweating). It will likely take six weeks for you to start feeling the real benefits, but you're almost there, it will get better.

Shan how has your mood been since starting Prozac?

Lots of downs and very few ups :(

• Advertisement

Medications for depression unfortunately cause things to get worse before they get better for a lot of people. Anxiety levels usually go through the roof and sometimes, doctors will prescribe something to help with that in the short-term (I'm taking a beta-blocker to slow my heart rate and help with the tremors and sweating). It will likely take six weeks for you to start feeling the real benefits, but you're almost there, it will get better.

We need to be mindful of what we say here regarding meds. Shannon will have to speak to his doctor at his review if there are any marked decreases in mood.

Lots of downs and very few ups :(

Say this to your doctor Shannon. I'm not one so am not going to advise you in any way regarding your meds but just keep an eye on any changes in yourself since starting the Prozac.

Say this to your doctor Shannon. I'm not one so am not going to advise you in any way regarding your meds but just keep an eye on any changes in yourself since starting the Prozac.

I said it to the the therapist today. She'll say it to the doctor for me. My mood has definitely changed for the worse since I started it :(

I said it to the the therapist today. She'll say it to the doctor for me. My mood has definitely changed for the worse since I started it :(

It is very important Shannon to follow the advice of your doctor when it comes to your meds and make sure he or she is aware of any concerns you have. If you are going to see the doc yourself in two weeks then makesure he knows.

It is very important Shannon to follow the advice of your doctor when it comes to your meds and make sure he or she is aware of any concerns you have. If you are going to see the doc yourself in two weeks then makesure he knows.

I will be there as well but the therapist will have all the notes from our meetings for the past few weeks. I'm just really worried about the future with the way things are going.

I will be there as well but the therapist will have all the notes from our meetings for the past few weeks. I'm just really worried about the future with the way things are going.

Be present Shan. There is so much living for you to do. The future has hope as long as you are alive :)

You have a drone don't you? Someone I know is planning on getting one. Do they need good weather? Would you recommend one for photography purposes?

Be present Shan. There is so much living for you to do. The future has hope as long as you are alive :)

You have a drone don't you? Someone I know is planning on getting one. Do they need good weather? Would you recommend one for photography purposes?

I do. You would need good weather but I would recommend one. Don't know if I'll ever get to fly mine again though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I worry that I don't worry enough about things.

I do. You would need good weather but I would recommend one. Don't know if I'll ever get to fly mine again though :(

I must have a google. I saw an article in the Guardian about Drone photography. The images were really lovely. Did you take many photos with yours?

I must have a google. I saw an article in the Guardian about Drone photography. The images were really lovely. Did you take many photos with yours?

Not really. Just pictures of my house and surrounding fields. I'm hoping to do some filming in the summer with a silage contractor though.

• Advertisement

Not really. Just pictures of my house and surrounding fields. I'm hoping to do some filming in the summer with a silage contractor though.

Using your drone?

Using your drone?

And camera stuff

And camera stuff

I tried to find my way around a complicated Canon a few times but I hadn't a clue about all the settings. What sort of camera do you use?

I tried to find my way around a complicated Canon a few times but I hadn't a clue about all the settings. What sort of camera do you use?

I have a Nikon DSLR

I have a Nikon DSLR

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh fancy! :)

You'll get lots of great pics with that Shan. Technology and Talent :D

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh fancy! :)

You'll get lots of great pics with that Shan. Technology and Talent :D

I try, but they aren't that good :(

I try, but they aren't that good :(

Well if I were a betting woman I'd say they are a damn sight better than my attempt :)

What sort of photos do you like to take?

Well if I were a betting woman I'd say they are a damn sight better than my attempt :)

What sort of photos do you like to take?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102804039&postcount=4392
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98492039&postcount=4205

• Advertisement

They are class! I love the Aer Lingus one. Makes me want to go on holidays :)

I don't think so. It's been so long since I've been out there :(

Advertisement