Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP alarm system recommendations

Options
  • 23-02-2016 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I've done a bit of research but would like another opinion. I'm looking for a DIY wireless and automated home security system. I have a smartthings hub already so ideally would like them to work together.
    There are tonnes of options out there but I'd prefer not to have to pay a monthly fee as i can monitor myself as long as the alerts are good enough. Cellular back would be ideal for loss of Internet and temp power battery backup would be great too.
    It has to work via an app (not just email alerts), be compatible with z-wave or ZigBee so that a fob can be configured.

I like the Scout alarm system but they've just started to charge monthly for monitoring and for use of their app which I don't want and they've pulled back from EU support until later this year. Other decent options I've looked at are Myfox, Piper, iSmartalarms and just building out a smartthings based system with open/close, motion sensors and cameras.

Anyone any ideas or that's done something similar ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The GSD i70 would be the best IMO with free app, push notifications and decent poll fail notifications as well as smash and grab alerts.
    Not sure on the compatability you require.
    Siemens /Vanderbilt ticks all the boxes except push notifications. We are told that it's on the way. But with email alerts pushed like Gmail there is very little difference. The alert times are very quick and poll fail can be configured to a minute if needed.

Advertisement