Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (tv series)

• 23-02-2016 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else remembers this show, think it used to be on RTE on Saturday mornings in the early 80's

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057798/

Used to be addicted to it! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

SomeFool wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else remembers this show, think it used to be on RTE on Saturday mornings in the early 80's

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057798/

Used to be addicted to it! :)

Yes,it was kind of Star Trek on a submarine.The thing I remember most is in nearly every episode the sub would be attacked by a giant squid or something and thered be a shot of the crew being thrown from side to side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Before I opened the link above, I was thinking 'oh yeah, I remember that ..Patrick Duffy (aka 'Bobby' from Dallas) was in that!'

Then I opened the link and realised I was thinking of 'The Man From Atlantis'!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

"...and there'd be a shot of the crew being thrown from side to side."

:pac:

Yes, always the same thing every episode.

I think the main man was a Captain Crane or some such?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Must have been produced in the 60s/70s. Think I was watching (in the UK) in the 70s

It was cutting edge action in those days (for kids anyway) - arguably the next step from Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlett (for me anyway)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mid to late 60s

Created by Irwin Allen, who was also responsible for the likes of Land of the Giants, Lost in Space, the Towering Inferno and the Poseidon Adventure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Beasty wrote: »
    Mid to late 60s

Created by Irwin Allen, who was also responsible for the likes of Land of the Giants, Lost in Space, the Towering Inferno and the Poseidon Adventure

Land of the Giants should have been called land of the moveable scale. Every day objects were always the right size for them for whatever they needed to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Staring "Richard Basshart"...

Was terrible but entertaining

I remember one episode where a baddie was being held prisoner in the sub.He knocks out the guy guarding him and sticks him into the torpedo tube and switches the fire button to shoot him out.Assumed yer man who was shot out had to be killed but then he turned up in another episode.

Loads of episodes of it up on YT.

Advertisement