Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissapearing photos ?

Options
  • 23-02-2016 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

For some time now I have been regularly downloading photos from my iPhone to a simple folder on my laptops desktop. I had hundreds of pictures in this folder.
    Recently I again went to transfer some photos to this folder only to find the folder was empty.
    I did not move or delete them and I am the only one with access to my computer.
    Does anyone have any idea what happened and is there any way I can restore these pictures.
    Also for the last while I have not been able to access my photo folder on my iPhone though this seems to have been restored recently allbeit in a different format. Could these two incidents be connected ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Were you just dragging and dropping to the folder on your laptop or was it some kind of sync?
    Have you checked the Recycle bin?
    Have you run a search for a particular filename? (if you can remember the format)

You could try Recuva if nothing else works. Run scan on the relevant folder but make sure to recover anything to a different location.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jet007

Hi Mordeith. I was copying and pasting the photos to the PC.
    I checked the recycle bin. Nothing there.
    Is Recuva a software program ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Recuva is a data recovery program. To add to Mordeith's comment about a different location, it should be to a separate drive, physically, e.g. a USB stick. This ensures you don't overwrite any deleted files. Also don't create any new files until you find the lost ones.
    You might also try 'Previous Versions' from the folder's Properties

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Can you access the phone photo folder on another machine? In my expierience iphones will make the DCIM folder accessible as a Removable storage device under My Computer. If the photos are no longer on the iphone data recovery tools may be your only option.
    Can you view the photos via the iphone, are they on the icloud?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jet007

Hi Yoyo
    I haven't tried to access them on another device but when i transferred them to the laptop I deleted them from the iPhone so I don't think they can be recovered from the phone.
    I can try to recover the folder on the laptop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement