Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fermoy rifle range

Options
  • 23-02-2016 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Can anyone tell me if you have to be a member of fermoy or can I just arrive on a Sunday to get a feel for it to see if I like it before joining ( have my own .22 )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

Give them a shout I'm sure they'll help you out, ring before you go is probably best 085 8851829 or 086 353 2127.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mr.b18

Thanks for the help will give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

What length is the range there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The thread we have here on all rifle, pistol and clay ranges should contain a lot of that information. Each range has it's own post so Fermoy is here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Cass wrote: »
    The thread we have here on all rifle, pistol and clay ranges should contain a lot of that information. Each range has it's own post so Fermoy is here.

That link doesnt include you having to pay for your own insurance and if I remember correctly membership to Nasrpc ?

I looked to change from midlands earlier this year because of distance and fermoy being on my door step.

Contacted them about pricing was ultra secret over the email/phone so id to call to meet them. Calling out was no big deal as Ive been there before but It turned out alot more expensive than quoted above. As I have a center fire rifle too that cant be shot there I then didnt see the point and now car pool with mates to midlands !

• Advertisement

That link doesnt include you having to pay for your own insurance and if I remember correctly membership to Nasrpc ?
    !
    Nope. It doesn't.

Some ranges are particularly secretive about certain aspects. The biggest issue we had was fees. Most did not want to disclose them. So i took what information i could get and stuck up a post for each club/range.

If you, or anyone, has information then by all means drop me a PM and i'll update whatever range it is in reference to.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Probably not relevant, but the UCD one has the courtlough website linked.

Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

You don't have to join the NASRPC

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

homerhop wrote: »
    You don't have to join the NASRPC

Fermoy is now re-affiliated with the nasrpc (very recently). It used to be before but left for political reasons.

Nargc insurance is being used by the range at the moment.

Membership is €350 plus €100 once off joining fee. There is a 50m pistol/rifle range, a 50m prone range, 50m bench range and a further 50m gallery range.

If you want to come down and check us out pm me and I'd be happy to show you around.

• Advertisement

You're obviously a member. Can you check the link to the club details and confirm they are correct and let me know if anything needs changed.

Thanks.

By the by if anyone reading this thread is a member of any range can they please check the details on the range thread about their own range and tell me if the details are correct, up to date, etc.

It's hard to get all the info right and some is taken form the websites, and the rest from word of mouth. Would like that thread to be as accurate as possible and the ranges should too.

Fermoy is now re-affiliated with the nasrpc (very recently). It used to be before but left for political reasons.

Nargc insurance is being used by the range at the moment.

Membership is €350 plus €100 once off joining fee. There is a 50m pistol/rifle range, a 50m prone range, 50m bench range and a further 50m gallery range.

If you want to come down and check us out pm me and I'd be happy to show you around.

On top of the 450 do you need the Nargc insurance separate thanks for reply may take you up on that offer

Mr.b18 wrote: »
    On top of the 450 do you need the Nargc insurance separate thanks for reply may take you up on that offer

No, that includes the insurance. Pm me when you'd like to visit.

We'll run you through a few competition practices and press gang you into leagues before you know it.

Also, for those who are members of other ranges I think Fermoy does associated membership at a significant discount. As indeed do many other ranges.

No, that includes the insurance. Pm me when you'd like to visit.

We'll run you through a few competition practices and press gang you into leagues before you know it.

Also, for those who are members of other ranges I think Fermoy does associated membership at a significant discount. As indeed do many other ranges.

That's perfect thanks I will pm you in the coming weeks thanks

Mr.b18 wrote: »
    That's perfect thanks I will pm you in the coming weeks thanks

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Anybody know if Fermoy has a 100m silhouette range yet.

Advertisement