Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borrisoleigh exchange

Options
  • 23-02-2016 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

With the rollout of VDSL in the next few weeks. Can you confirm if the exchange will be upgraded to ADSL2 or NGB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

With the rollout of VDSL in the next few weeks. Can you confirm if the exchange will be upgraded to ADSL2 or NGB
    Hi Grab All Association

I'm sorry to confirm that there is no plans to upgrade the Borrisoleigh exchange to ADSL2+ or NGB at present.

Further plans should be available by the end of the summer but until then I'm afraid I cannot offer you good news.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

[font=eir-medium-web, Arial Medium]Lines up to 4km-6km's away from the cabinet at the exchange qualifying for fibre :rolleyes: Tested this with 12 neighbours phones numbers and at least 9 are giving the impression that efibre will be available on the 16th of March. Like this since late December early January.[/font]

My number 0504-5*** Good news! eir Fibre is coming to your area. Projected availability date is: 16-MAR-2016

[font=eir-medium-web, Arial Medium]Please notify me when it's available[/font]

Neighbour 1
    Unfortunately eir Fibre is not yet available in your area but the good news is you can still avail of our standard broadband service. When eir Fibre arrives in your area you will be able to upgrade for free. Our current estimate for the arrival of eir Fibre in your area is: 16-MAR-2016 Not your phone?

Neighbour 2(What it should say for ALL lines in my area)

You are in a standard broadband area
    Unfortunately eir Fibre is not yet available in your area but the good news is you can still avail of our standard broadband service. When eir Fibre arrives in your area you will be able to upgrade for free. Our current estimate for the arrival of eir Fibre in your area is: No Fibre Not your phone?

Neighbour 3 
    Unfortunately eir Fibre is not yet available in your area but the good news is you can still avail of our standard broadband service. When eir Fibre arrives in your area you will be able to upgrade for free. Our current estimate for the arrival of eir Fibre in your area is: 16-MAR-2016 Not your phone?

Neighbour 4

Neighbour 5
    Good news! eir Fibre is coming to your area. Projected availability date is: 16-MAR-2016

Please notify me when it's available

Neighbour 6

Neighbour 7

Unfortunately eir Fibre is not yet available in your area but the good news is you can still avail of our standard broadband service. When eir Fibre arrives in your area you will be able to upgrade for free. Our current estimate for the arrival of eir Fibre in your area is: No Fibre Not your phone?

etc

For those people in my area who signed up to standard adsl1 broadband /phone thinking they'll be upgraded to VDSL

Will eir allow them to leave their contracts without penalty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

[font=eir-medium-web, Arial Medium]Lines up to 4km-6km's away from the cabinet at the exchange qualifying for fibre :rolleyes: Tested this with 12 neighbours phones numbers and at least 9 are giving the impression that efibre will be available on the 16th of March. Like this since late December early January.[/font]

My number 0504-5*** Good news! eir Fibre is coming to your area. Projected availability date is: 16-MAR-2016

[font=eir-medium-web, Arial Medium]Please notify me when it's available[/font]

Neighbour 1

Neighbour 2(What it should say for ALL lines in my area)

Neighbour 3 

Neighbour 4

Neighbour 5
    Good news! eir Fibre is coming to your area. Projected availability date is: 16-MAR-2016

Please notify me when it's available

Neighbour 6

Neighbour 7

etc

For those people in my area who signed up to standard adsl1 broadband /phone thinking they'll be upgraded to VDSL

Will eir allow them to leave their contracts without penalty?
    Hi Grab All Associatio,

I'm afraid each line is individual and not all lines will take the same routes from the cabinet or be connected to the same cabinet.

Tony

Advertisement