Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I register my girlfriend on my address

Options
  • 23-02-2016 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My girlfriend is moving to Ireland, how can I get her registered at my address? because she is going to move in with me.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

We don't have a citizen registration system in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

snubbleste wrote: »
    We don't have a citizen registration system in Ireland.

OP, this is true, but you may need to do other things to prove your girlfriend lives there, e.g. if you're renting then getting permission from the landlord and possibly adding her to the lease, getting her name on utility bills. These can be sorted with a simple phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

OP, this is true, but you may need to do other things to prove your girlfriend lives there, e.g. if you're renting then getting permission from the landlord and possibly adding her to the lease, getting her name on utility bills. These can be sorted with a simple phone call.

I already have permission, I will ask to add her on the renting contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Is this a short term or educational visa or will she be going down the naturalization path to become a citizen? If so utility bills and a bank account in her name will be vital for the next five years to prove residency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Is this a short term or educational visa or will she be going down the naturalization path to become a citizen? If so utility bills and a bank account in her name will be vital for the next five years to prove residency

We are from the EU.. we don't have to go trough this procedure..
    I ment for her to register and have a bank account and those things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Once she is here, she should get a PPS number (that will be needed for banking and revenue):
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/personal_public_service_number.html

If she intends to work, she needs to apply for a certificate of tax credits:
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it67.html

You than can use the tax certificate as proof of address for banking together with her passport as evidence of identity and can attempt to open a bank account in Ireland of with a vendor that offers accounts to Irish residents.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement