Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just another paranoid question....

Options
  • 23-02-2016 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I check my phone for emails and facebook first thing every morning, The time can vary from 6.00 to after 9.00.

No matter what time I do this I get an email from the Guardian with the daily paper about 5 minutes later.

Is this just coincidence, am I being paranoid or is my phone sending some kind of communication?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

I would say that your phone e-mail syncs when you open it and that is why you get sent the paper after you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

That occurred to me except why is it only the Guardian?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

as the Guardian would be delivered everyday unlike other things. it will also show up as a notification as well on your phone.

nothing to be worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Did you check the behind the mirror in your bedroom? The guardian IT department may be watching you behind a two-way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

I know it's a bit 'tin foil hat' but weird at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whats the actual timestamp on the email?

This could be that the guardian sends them at 5AM and you wake your phone from doze mode and its delivered.

Advertisement