Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Smoke - The Academy June 21st

Options
  • 23-02-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭

Just announced, 21st June at The Academy, tickets 20Euro, they were brilliant last time they were here

Here's their album 'The Whippoorwhill', one of my fav albums

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Great band, bring on the smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Really looking forward to this. Just got into them couple of months ago. Great songs.

And love the Academy. Was at reef there last week. And sound was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hhhhhmmmmm ... they veer a little too towards country for me ... some of their stuff is borderline Garth Brookes and I just couldn't live with myself going down that road.

Wouldn't say Garth Brooks. But there is one song that sounds like Billy Ray Cyrus' Achy Breaky Heart - think its called Lay it all on me.

But in seriousness, mostly great tunes - I wouldn't say country. I would say more rock, but sung in a slightly country twang. Good rock songs like Restless, Shakin hands with the Hold Ghost, Holdin all the Roses. Shake Your Magnolia.

Was at the gig last night. What a cracker. Much more rock and roll than I thought it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

RayCon wrote: »
    Hhhhhmmmmm ... they veer a little too towards country for me ... some of their stuff is borderline Garth Brookes and I just couldn't live with myself going down that road.

Can't agree that their stuff is anything like GB. They have country influences alright but not from that manufactured stetson knobhead.
    To quote one of their old tee shirts "too rock for country, too country for rock".

Excellent gig last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Outstanding show last night. Bigger crowd than last time out also. First time I saw them in The Academy I said, good show. Thought last night was much better, something clicked with me!

Keep saying it but The Academy is a crackin venue for rock/metal acts.

Cant wait to see them back

Advertisement