Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dabs.ie opinions please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I'm looking at a laptop for my gf, I got one there recently but seen this Lenova here for reasonable money.
    Big question is what are dabs.ie like to deal with? Never heard of them until yesturday!
    This is the machine, reasonable spec for €301.
    Wish I bought this one myself actually instead of the celeron I bought last week.

http://m.dabs.ie/products/lenovo-b50-10-80qr-intel-pentium-n3540-4gb-128gb-15-6--win-10-home-80qr0016uk-BX4Y.html?q=lenova%20b50&src=16

Haven't used them in a while but have used plenty of times in the past and never had any issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jhud

I have used them a few times over the years never had any issues so can't say anything about customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Dabs are fine. Just note that the laptop is also a celeron processor is not very strong. However the 128gb ssd is a nice touch at least, it should be grand for surfing and light tasks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I bought a laptop off their UK website back in 2005/2006.
    Can't say anything about them recently but they've been around a long time.

That was probably the best value laptop I've ever bought. Lasted at least 8 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

imitation wrote: »
    Dabs are fine. Just note that the laptop is also a celeron processor is not very strong. However the 128gb ssd is a nice touch at least, it should be grand for surfing and light tasks.

It's a pentium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

I used to buy from them without any issues. Then I bought a laptop that was marked as 'used / repackaged'. It had a hardware fault, the symptoms of which were easy to reproduce. After a few phone calls to their customer care dept, they accepted this and took it back. I purchased the same type again as a replacement, only to be sent the same faulty one I'd previously returned. So they didn't do any checking or repairs on a faulty item and then put it up for sale again. A few calls later they agreed to take it back again. I haven't dealt with them since. I never had any issues with their normal 'new' stock though.

TLDR: avoid any used / repackaged items and you should be fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Ordered an external hard drive from them on Thursday. Price was excellent and the product was supposedly in stock (5 units) On Monday the status of the order (processing) had not changed but the unit was being ordered in as it was not in stock. I checked on their reviews on line, a bit late I know, and judging by these reviews they are mostly a disaster. I cancelled the order and am now waiting for a response to a refund. My advise AVOID like the plague

Mixed opinions about this crowd :/

Anyone know if I can pay on collection with them instead of ordering online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They're fine for new items but their b-grade stock is a total disaster. They don't test anything and just flog it on again, I've taken a few gambles and about 60% of them were blatantly faulty out of the box that could not possibly have escaped testing (dead ram, dead graphics cards, even got a laptop with a broken screen!)

Not sure why because it costs them in the end, but they're just horrendous. By comparison I've bought a good bit of b-grade stock from OCUK and it's always been fine.

But they're mostly fine for new items assuming they're in stock. They're UK based though, not Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

They are okay, I ordered some computers from them (dabs4work) for the company I work for.

Keep in mind that they are going to cancel every payment done with card or PayPal if the registered address is outside the RoI or UK. They'll do it after a couple of days so you think the order has been processed and shipped by that time and instead it's not even gone through the first step.

Actually, with PayPal, a customer service representative told me in an email that "we are unable to accept PayPal payments if your registered address on your PayPal account is outside the UK". What about Irish accounts??

Honestly I'll never make personal purchases on their website.

• Advertisement

They are okay, I ordered some computers from them (dabs4work) for the company I work for.

Keep in mind that they are going to cancel every payment done with card or PayPal if the registered address is outside the RoI or UK. They'll do it after a couple of days so you think the order has been processed and shipped by that time and instead it's not even gone through the first step.

Actually, with PayPal, a customer service representative told me in an email that "we are unable to accept PayPal payments if your registered address on your PayPal account is outside the UK". What about Irish accounts??

Honestly I'll never make personal purchases on their website.

I'll probably be paying with a prepaid mastercard card if there is Irish PayPal issues. As long as I get the laptop and its new and not ex display or any open boxed model.

Advertisement