Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Barcelona

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ozil with the least convincing hardman act in the history of football.

Alba trying to square up to Giroud is up there. At least Ozil made some contact on the man :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cechs hoodoo against Messi is well and truly bo**ocked now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Flamini has some serious dirt on Wenger, I'm certain of it. How he is at Arsenal and gets game time, and in big games too, is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Thought tonight was the night they could keep it tight, not a prayer in the Nou Camp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Goal!! Messi! Messi! Messi! Big game players are rare, Messi is the ultimate big game player. He makes that penalty and he scores it, he's the greatest footballer ever, this might be the best team ever and their march to history continues at pace. For all those doubters, haters and naysayers, this must hurt, but watching Barcelona should not be pain, it is love.
    Think you're giving him a little too much credit there. Was a poor touch on the way in that gave the ball back to Mertesacker to screw up, after that was just a horror show from Arsenal rather than anything particularly impressive that Barca did there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Can't believe Mertesacker did that. Absolute brainless. I also can't believe Welbeck didn't start ahead of Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

CptMackey wrote: »
    No way that's a penalty. Game for kids or men.
    Behave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Best in the world.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tune in to watch Novak Djokovic v My granny in Tennis

best of 7 set cracker !!!

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Enrique's barca are better than peps imo

2/3's of that holy trinity are still there though. Its hard to gauge just how good either Pep or Enrique are when you have that calibre of player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If that's a penalty then soccer is even further beyond saving than I thought. You look at them and they fall over . Ridiculous stuff

No, dig up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If that's a penalty then soccer is even further beyond saving than I thought. You look at them and they fall over . Ridiculous stuff

You're on your own it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Go on "Chopper" Mackey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

blueser wrote: »
    Behave!

Ya wa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is turning into a great night. 2 injuries and counting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

bad tackle there by Koscielny, deserved a yellow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Can't believe Mertesacker did that. Absolute brainless. I also can't believe Welbeck didn't start ahead of Giroud

I have a feeling he will in he Nou Camp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The lad from 'Allo 'Allo doesn't look happy.

Hahaha didn't know Rene was a gooner

You're on your own it seems.

Seem to be alright. Ah well who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Goal!! Messi! Messi! Messi! Big game players are rare, Messi is the ultimate big game player. He makes that penalty and he scores it, he's the greatest footballer ever, this might be the best team ever and their march to history continues at pace. For all those doubters, haters and naysayers, this must hurt, but watching Barcelona should not be pain, it is love.

Weird..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

You're comical man.

It was a penalty. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Good man Pete, don't let this get horrible

To be fair his legs are too far away from his brain. Takes longer for messages to travel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Cech is some man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

gandalf wrote: »
    Considering he is just back from injury he is doing ok tonight. He is not there to be a creative midfielder.

He was poor in possession looks good in the PL but struggled tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

For all the money in the EPL, teams are all fairly average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hahaha didn't know Rene was a gooner

It's better than the Alan Moore lookalike giving it socks that they normally cut to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is why the Arsenal title-winning talk is making me laugh. They can't win big games anymore, that isn't going to change.

Last trains must be running soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Arsenal can be thankful suarez was do bad tonight, the scoreline could have been much worse. Tie is over anyway barca will trounce them at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

martyos121 wrote: »
    This is why the Arsenal title-winning talk is making me laugh. They can't win big games anymore, that isn't going to change.

Good thing Barcelona aren't in the pl then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Jesus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Beat City and United this year, neither would fair any better against this Barca team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Good result for arsenal. now they can concentrate on the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hard to see this tie still being anything other than done now.

Odd game, on another day it could have been something like 5-3 to Barca.

I think they are currently one of the best teams in the pl but they seem to have a mental block when it comes to winning the league. With the football they can play they should romp home but don't.

I'd take utd playing like arsenal at the mo compared to the muck we are playing

Well if you pick and choose which games you decide are big games, then sure.

No idea how a match where they were beaten by a better team in the champions league has any reflection on the league. After all, spurs and Leicester are up there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

What do Barcelona need to do to get booked, thought till Pique got booked in the 88th min that they were going to get away with it. I think Arsenal will score in Spain but they front 3 of Barcelona will mean they do aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gotta take your chances against barca and arsenal fluffed theirs, giroud again showed again hes not up to much against the big teams. Barca werent even particularly good by their lofty standards and still strolled home, could have been 3 or 4 really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If we play with intensity like that vs united on sunday we'll squash them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And how would Liverpool have done against Barcelona tonight? Or United? Or Chelsea?

What bollix!

L'prof wrote: »
    Beat City and United this year, neither would fear any better against this Barca team.

City have been dumped out by Barca two or three years running. United were spanked in two finals by them. They hammered the shíte out of mega spending Real already this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Disappointed but to be honest Barca really our a super team. That front 3 is just insane

I think they are currently one of the best teams in the pl but they seem to have a mental block when it comes to winning the league. With the football they can play they should romp home but don't.

I'd take utd playing like arsenal at the mo compared to the muck we are playing

Arsenal are actually playing like muck too. They just have better players, better manager and less injuries than united.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

2/3's of that holy trinity are still there though. Its hard to gauge just how good either Pep or Enrique are when you have that calibre of player

Enrique did not do much with a decent Roma side. Think they finished 7th under him and they would have been expected to at least qualify for Europe. Finished 9th with Celta which was fair enough as they had financial problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Hard to see this tie still being anything other than done now.

You think ?
    how-to-draw-you-dont-say-you-dont-say-meme_1_000000013032_5.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

One thing i never get is the argument that barca and real have it easy in their own league compared to what the English teams have to put up with. The reason they have it easy is because they are so good. Put barca in the PL and they would have it just as easy as they have it in the Spanish league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well, arsenal not as good as Barcelona. Shocker. If they're going to go out then it might as well be over after 90 minutes. I wouldn't start that XI in barca.

gandalf wrote: »
    And how would Liverpool have done against Barcelona tonight? Or United? Or Chelsea?

What bollix!

Barely hanging on in the Thursday night cup at the moment and were nearly beaten by Augsberg the last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Great to see our Merseyside mates showing up for the roll call on full time.

Hopefully you get to experience Barcelona at home in a knock out tie in the Champions League at some point in the next decade. Or another Champions League match full stop would be a start I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Barely hanging on in the Thursday night cup at the moment and were nearly beaten by Augsberg the last night

There's a thread somewhere for that game if you're lost. Bit old at this point though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement