Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which racers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Bez Bing

Anyone race in the new balance v2 1500 ? If so, how do find them?

Seem to be marketed as a racer with more support like the Brooks st racer which I really like.
    Sounds like they might be a good shoe for longer races up-to marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just got my brooks hyperion today. Can't wait to race in them on sat week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just got my brooks hyperion today. Can't wait to race in them on sat week

Finally the ST5 replacement - where did you get them, they're like hen's teeth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Finally the ST5 replacement - where did you get them, they're like hen's teeth :)

I got them via brooks, but they aren't available online here yet.

But i got them for free:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I got them via brooks, but they aren't available online here yet.

But i got them for free:D

now I'm really jealous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Picked up a pair of Adidas Adizero RC racers recently and have used them for a session on the track. They seem pretty well cushioned. Anybody worn them before? Would you use them for a 10k+?

PRO1011_1079_adidas-adizero-rc-mens-2009-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Bez Bing wrote: »

Seem to be marketed as a racer with more support like the Brooks st racer which I really like.

Ive close to 180 miles on the NB and have raced a marathon in the ST5 in the past. NB definitely racier than the Brooks and a good bit narrower especially in the midfoot and forefoot. NB fits snugger at heel too. Less heeldrop in the NB which i like alot. The Brooks has significantly more support for my gait and at slower speeds i.e easy running i can feel a wee bit sloppy in the NB if tired after a session. In saying that i really like them and theyre a great race day option for me. Ill probably wear them for my Autumn marathon as theyre nicely cushioned. I feel like i could train in the brooks full time without any problems but wouldnt chance it in the NB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Anyone got any suggestions for a really stripped out flat? I'm kind of thinking down the line of something that feels like a spike plate on spikes but for the road, basically zero cushioning and really reactive. The only thing I can find that is similar is the ASICS blazingfast but was wondering if anyone has some other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

El Caballo wrote: »
    Anyone got any suggestions for a really stripped out flat? I'm kind of thinking down the line of something that feels like a spike plate on spikes but for the road, basically zero cushioning and really reactive. The only thing I can find that is similar is the ASICS blazingfast but was wondering if anyone has some other suggestions?

The Blazingfast look like a replacement for the Asics Piranha (which I had loved and was trying to replace earlier this year).

Both Saucony Endorphin (110g approx) and NB RC5000 (< 100g) would be in that range. I've the NBs but only managed to wear them once in a race and a couple of times in training but they are really, really amazing. Genuinely like wearing spikes on the road! However, I'm not sure they're available anymore.

From what I've heard, Endorphin wearers are similarly enthusiastic about those shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Bez Bing wrote: »

My first racers were the ST5. Loved them and raced up to marathon distance in them. Then got the 1500 v1. Brilliant. More comfortable than the brooks, more cushioned. My feet have usually been in bits after a marathon but ran Frankfurt in them last year and they were like slippers from start to finish. And I had only done about three runs in them beforehand. A friend of mine has the v2 and there is little difference in them as far as I can make out. Given a choice between the Brooks and the New Balance I'd go for the NB.

Advertisement