Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNC routing service

Options
  • 23-02-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Was thinking of doing up a design for a desk that can be easily disassembled and built to fit the room its in.

Was looking into CNC routing services to get this done to a good fitting finish (I have neither the equipment, space, or skill to get a tight fitting finish). However none of the service provider websites I have checked out seem to provide any guide on pricing at all, just request a quote options.

I'm handy enough at cad, so providing whatever designs they require shouldn't be an issue, but would like to know if its an afforable option without having to do a complete design.

Anybody got any idea of guide prices, or even how they typically price things?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Maybe look for an hourly rate as opposed to full pricing initially, but in my experience

cnc services wont tie themselves down to that. They price per job, and then some.

CNC service is going to cover its self handsomely , if they are machining a
    design they have had no input into.

But I suspect an hourly rate will be expensive, if you can get it.

I,ve done designwork for small anamatronic items that my son uses. But the cnc

element of getting it done was expensive in my opinion, and they only quoted by

the job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

kadman wrote: »
    Maybe look for an hourly rate as opposed to full pricing initially, but in my experience

cnc services wont tie themselves down to that. They price per job, and then some.

CNC service is going to cover its self handsomely , if they are machining a
    design they have had no input into.

But I suspect an hourly rate will be expensive, if you can get it.

I,ve done designwork for small anamatronic items that my son uses. But the cnc

element of getting it done was expensive in my opinion, and they only quoted by

the job

Cheers kadman. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and design it and submit for quotes before finding out if its worth it or not!

Advertisement