Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audacity and sound cards

Options
  • 23-02-2016 2:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the brain-dead question - does Audicity function better if there is a better sound card in your PC/Laptop?

I have a Rode NT1 powered by a Focusrite Scarlett Soloin my Sony Vaio with just onboard sound.

I'm speccing a new PC - would a good sound card improve things? What sound cards are recommended?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kidfromkibbly

When you have your Scarlett connected and set as your system audio then it is your soundcard. The sound card is just the device that that converts audio from digital information into electrical signal. Computers come with a basic sound card for consumer purposes. You're all set with the Solo, so I'd spend the money on getting a PC with more RAM or an SSD if you're doing audio work.

Advertisement