Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Factor Authentication - Message Provider?

Options
  • 23-02-2016 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

Trying to add a Payee, need to receive a 2FA code to authorize it as per procedure but having issues receiving. Its not BOI's error causing this, its due to a roaming issue with my network but diagnose it knowing the source would be helpful. 

Do you know if its a short code number that sends them, and what provider you use? Or know the number itself?

Thanks,
    ED-E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

ED E wrote: »
    Hi BOI,

Trying to add a Payee, need to receive a 2FA code to authorize it as per procedure but having issues receiving. Its not BOI's error causing this, its due to a roaming issue with my network but diagnose it knowing the source would be helpful. 

Do you know if its a short code number that sends them, and what provider you use? Or know the number itself?

Thanks,
    ED-E
    Hi ED-E, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We're sorry for the delay you're experiencing. Our Business On Line team are aware of a delay in the security codes being received to mobiles. There is no need to request a new code for this payee and we hope to have the code with you shortly.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi Sarah,

Just confirmed in my case its a change in policy by my operator that happened silently last month. If I call CS is it possible to change the number on the account to a non Irish number?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

ED E wrote: »
    Hi Sarah,

Just confirmed in my case its a change in policy by my operator that happened silently last month. If I call CS is it possible to change the number on the account to a non Irish number?

Thanks.
    Hi ED E,

Thanks for your reply.

In this instance, you can call our Business On Line Helpdesk on 1890 818 265 or +353 1 4606445 (available 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday) and a representative can provide you with a form to amend the mobile number you receive the codes to.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement