Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband

Options
  • 23-02-2016 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

My wife added her mobile to our eir bundle, home phone TV and broadband our bill has gone from 92 to 155e! 
    We had unlimited broadband, now it says we have a limit of 30g. We have excess charges of 24e for the last month! 
    Can you explain this please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Big Vern wrote: »
    My wife added her mobile to our eir bundle, home phone TV and broadband our bill has gone from 92 to 155e! 
    We had unlimited broadband, now it says we have a limit of 30g. We have excess charges of 24e for the last month! 
    Can you explain this please?
    Hi Big Vern

Sorry to hear this, I can confirm a few things for you if you would like to PM me your eir account number. Unfortunately I cannot make changes to a package and a contact with eir accounts on free phone 1901 will be required - however feel free to PM me and I'll take a look.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Hi Alan, i eventually got to talk to someone on the eir chat and they have taken the charge off for me.

But i wish eir wouldn't change peoples bundles around without our say so, this is the 2nd time we've had problems with our bill. we aren't with eir too long and it feels like its nothing but problems. Problems getting installation, problems with the line, with the TV!  You dont make it easy for people or for yourselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Alan, i eventually got to talk to someone on the eir chat and they have taken the charge off for me.

But i wish eir wouldn't change peoples bundles around without our say so, this is the 2nd time we've had problems with our bill. we aren't with eir too long and it feels like its nothing but problems. Problems getting installation, problems with the line, with the TV!  You dont make it easy for people or for yourselves!
    Thanks for the update Big Vern

I'll add your feedback in my reports to operations.

Thanks
    Al

We are still down as having a 30g limit on our boardband, our bill was 133e last!! When i talked to someone on eir chat they said this would be sorted and we would no longer have a limit and back to unlimited yet over 2 weeks later nothing has been done!!! 

I am getting really fed up of your customer service, its about a year since we moved to eir and its been nothing but problems for what is a very average service, especially TV! 

Can someone please contact me about this. Im not going to spend 30 mins on the phone waiting to talk to some either.

Why cant you do what you say your going to do. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

We are still down as having a 30g limit on our boardband, our bill was 133e last!! When i talked to someone on eir chat they said this would be sorted and we would no longer have a limit and back to unlimited yet over 2 weeks later nothing has been done!!! 

I am getting really fed up of your customer service, its about a year since we moved to eir and its been nothing but problems for what is a very average service, especially TV! 

Can someone please contact me about this. Im not going to spend 30 mins on the phone waiting to talk to some either.

Why cant you do what you say your going to do. 
    Hi Big Vern,

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still unresolved. Please feel free to PM me your account number and I can take a look into this.

Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi Big Vern,

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still unresolved. Please feel free to PM me your account number and I can take a look into this.

Pamela 

PM sent earlier today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Big Vern,

Pamela 

PM sent earlier today.
    Thanks. 

We'll come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks 

Tracey 

Our account is still showing that we have 30g limit, we are over that this month and getting charged extra.

This is still not sorted. 

It is now nearly 4 weeks since i first got on to eir about this.

This is not good enough and is terrible customer service.

Hi Big Vern, 

I'm sorry for the delays you are experiencing. 

I've looked into this and there is a system issue there and this is what the hold up is I'm afraid. A ticket has been logged to resolve this issue. 
    This is in hand and a credit has been issued to your account. 

Apologies for the delays and inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Big Vern, 

I've looked into this and there is a system issue there and this is what the hold up is I'm afraid. A ticket has been logged to resolve this issue. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Well its about time eir fixed their system. 

There was no system issue when eir were charging us extra and adding it on to our bill.

Really, really disappointed in the continued poor service from eir, i only wish i had looked at this eir forum and other forums, i would have never moved to eir.

• Advertisement

Hi Big Vern, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Well its about time eir fixed their system. 

There was no system issue when eir were charging us extra and adding it on to our bill.

Really, really disappointed in the continued poor service from eir, i only wish i had looked at this eir forum and other forums, i would have never moved to eir.
    I completely understand your frustration with this. We are continuously working on a resolution to this issue and we'll resolve it. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Anyone here avail of the Eir offer of 30 euros a month home Bband, Tv & Mobile phone (100mins I think)?

It rises to 92 for year 2 but still sounds like a great deal e.g. 60/month average over 24 months.

I see Big Vern's issues here, are these kind of issues common. I really don't need the hassle.

Thanks for any feedback
    Daithi

Daithi,

It sounds a good offer, similar to what we got, tv, broadband and home phone, 42 a month for first 6 months, up to 78 then (think that's what they were anyway).

But here's my take on their products:

Broadband: we have fibre its very good, constant good speed. But you would want to check what limit is on it. Watching one show on netflix pushes your usage right up and once you go over that its very expensive. We went over our limit and it cost us an extra €19. We went to unlimited then, an extra charge each month.

TV: this is a very basic service, RTE/UTV Ireland/BBC/C4/Setanta Sports - No ITV. It is a very unreliable service, recordings dont work sometimes, recordings keep recording. Trying to set up a series link is hit and miss. Its a very frustrating service, e.g. last night i was taping a programme it started at 9 o'clock and at about 9.20 i sat down to watch it. But when i tried to watch from the start, it said there was a reading error, so i couldn't watch it, even though it was still recording. I could only watch it when it finished recording at 10 o'clock! Issues like this are a constant with it. Maybe there is something wrong with our box, but when i rang up about an issue, i was told they were doing an update and everything should be ok.

Mobile phone: My wife has this, seems to have no problems with it, but if you go outside your package it can be very expensive.

Eir Customer Service: This is where the real problem is! The problem i first brought up here in this thread is still not resolved, despite talking to eir chat, here on boards and 4 phone calls, each time i was told it would be sorted but never was. I have to ring up today to see if issue has been resolved.
    Each time someone would put through an order or request, it was either never followed up on or the person never put through the request. If i heard system error one more time!!! Also be prepared for a long wait on the phone!

So thats my take on Eir services, as soon as our contract is up we will be going back to sky, they may be a bit more expensive but we never had a problem with them and if we did it was sorted straight away. Also with eir we had terrible problem getting everything installed, took about a month i think, we should have cancelled then.

Hope this helps!!

Maybe others may have a better experience and we were/are just unlucky with what happened!

Daithi,

Just to give you an update, i rang eir today, was supposed to ring yesterday but gave them an extra day! And guess what the problem still isnt fixed!! The order is still pending, despite been told it took 24 hours to fix, 4 days later still not done. Took 15 mins to get to talk to someone and im on hold now for 10 mins!!

I first raised this issue with eir on the 23rd of Feb and its still not fixed!!

25 mins left on hold by someone!! I just gave up!! Joke of customer service!!

How can eir advertise for and look for new customers, when they cant even look after the ones they currently have!!!

25 mins left on hold by someone!! I just gave up!! Joke of customer service!!

How can eir advertise for and look for new customers, when they cant even look after the ones they currently have!!!
    I'm sorry to hear your issue is still unresolved  Big Vern,
    I'll take a look into this and be back to you tomorrow.

-Pamela

Hi Folks,

A brief update I've ordered broadband only (Euro 45/m) only possible by phone for some reason (guessing they're trying to push phone &TV options).

I have an old house,with an old eircom line coming into a bathroom, so I'll want that moved and since I have concrete floors I'm gonna need internal wiring too.

I don't expect this to be a straightforward install and I'm dreading their Customer service.

Thanks BigVern for all the feedback, based on which I didn't bother ordering their TV s service. I'll keep this forum posted on progress to keep eircom on their toes. It seems the only way....

daithi7 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

A brief update I've ordered broadband only (Euro 45/m) only possible by phone for some reason (guessing they're trying to push phone &TV options).

I have an old house,with an old eircom line coming into a bathroom, so I'll want that moved and since I have concrete floors I'm gonna need internal wiring too.

I don't expect this to be a straightforward install and I'm dreading their Customer service.

Thanks BigVern for all the feedback, based on which I didn't bother ordering their TV s service. I'll keep this forum posted on progress to keep eircom on their toes. It seems the only way....

Hi daithi7 ,

A technician will run the line to the master socket usually (this should be located within a meter of the front door) or if you are in an apartment complex to the distribution point in the building. 

If you wan to run your line to a different point or need internal wiring in your home we would recommend a electrician as unfortunately this is not a service eir provide.

-Pamela :)

Just to let everyone know what happened with this.

After finally been told what the problem was, eir's fault, i asked could i cancel my contract. I was told i could and that there would be no fee's for this. I was told that i would have to ring back when we got out next bill to sort everything out. I said i would ring back in 2 weeks.

That was 2 weeks ago and i rang back on Wednesday to see where we stood and what was happening and i looked to cancel my contract and when that would happen. I was told that as i had rang up my contract would be cancelled straight away and my TV and broadband would be cut off in 24-48 hours, phone line left on till we find new provider. I was never told i would be cut off so quick so was left with the choice of staying with eir or having no TV/broadband, i had yet to arrange a new provider as i was waiting for eir to sort the problem. I was told nothing could be done till it was sorted and i to ring back to see when this had happened.

So we now have no TV and boardband till next Friday, only time new provider could come.

So this is just to let anyone know our experience of the shocking customer service eir has and the huge amount of stress this has caused me and my family. 

I will be writing a letter of complaint to eir and to comreg and it is a disgrace that this company carried on like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

After finally been told what the problem was, eir's fault, i asked could i cancel my contract. I was told i could and that there would be no fee's for this. I was told that i would have to ring back when we got out next bill to sort everything out. I said i would ring back in 2 weeks.

That was 2 weeks ago and i rang back on Wednesday to see where we stood and what was happening and i looked to cancel my contract and when that would happen. I was told that as i had rang up my contract would be cancelled straight away and my TV and broadband would be cut off in 24-48 hours, phone line left on till we find new provider. I was never told i would be cut off so quick so was left with the choice of staying with eir or having no TV/broadband, i had yet to arrange a new provider as i was waiting for eir to sort the problem. I was told nothing could be done till it was sorted and i to ring back to see when this had happened.

So we now have no TV and boardband till next Friday, only time new provider could come.

So this is just to let anyone know our experience of the shocking customer service eir has and the huge amount of stress this has caused me and my family. 

I will be writing a letter of complaint to eir and to comreg and it is a disgrace that this company carried on like this.
    Hi Big Vern,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm afraid once we issue a cancellation order your service will cease usually within 24-48 hours.
    Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, I understand how frustrating it must be.

-Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi Big Vern,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm afraid once we issue a cancellation order your service will cease usually within 24-48 hours.
    Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, I understand how frustrating it must be.

-Tracey
    Tracey, frustrating is not the word i would use.

I should have been told by the Customer service rep when i was talking to him on the phone,that when i rang again it would be cancelled in 24 hours. I was never made aware of that, even though i was talking about cancelling, it was never mentions. If i had of known that i would have arranged a new service provider before i rang up.

What do you think i rang up and decided that ill have no TV/broadband for a week!! I was waiting for everything to be sorted with eir, as i was told to do, yet when i rang up i was told that's it your going to be cut off in 24 hours.

I was left with the choice of cancelling or staying with eir. The rep i was talking could have told me to ring back in a week, but by doing what they done they were trying to get me to stay with eir. I was offered some discount on my next bill.

Shocking customer service, eir have messed me around for weeks. I will never have anything to do with eir again. I cant wait till that TV box is gone from my house, it was the worst service i have ever seen. 

The only good thing to come from this is i will be gone from eir soon and we got out of our contract. I had reservations about signing up with eir in the first place and now at least ill know never to have anything to do with eir again.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Daithi,

It sounds a good offer, similar to what we got, tv, broadband and home phone, 42 a month for first 6 months, up to 78 then (think that's what they were anyway).

But here's my take on their products:

Broadband: we have fibre its very good, constant good speed. But you would want to check what limit is on it. Watching one show on netflix pushes your usage right up and once you go over that its very expensive. We went over our limit and it cost us an extra €19. We went to unlimited then, an extra charge each month.

TV: this is a very basic service, RTE/UTV Ireland/BBC/C4/Setanta Sports - No ITV. It is a very unreliable service, recordings dont work sometimes, recordings keep recording. Trying to set up a series link is hit and miss. Its a very frustrating service, e.g. last night i was taping a programme it started at 9 o'clock and at about 9.20 i sat down to watch it. But when i tried to watch from the start, it said there was a reading error, so i couldn't watch it, even though it was still recording. I could only watch it when it finished recording at 10 o'clock! Issues like this are a constant with it. Maybe there is something wrong with our box, but when i rang up about an issue, i was told they were doing an update and everything should be ok.

Mobile phone: My wife has this, seems to have no problems with it, but if you go outside your package it can be very expensive.

Eir Customer Service: This is where the real problem is! The problem i first brought up here in this thread is still not resolved, despite talking to eir chat, here on boards and 4 phone calls, each time i was told it would be sorted but never was. I have to ring up today to see if issue has been resolved.
    Each time someone would put through an order or request, it was either never followed up on or the person never put through the request. If i heard system error one more time!!! Also be prepared for a long wait on the phone!

So thats my take on Eir services, as soon as our contract is up we will be going back to sky, they may be a bit more expensive but we never had a problem with them and if we did it was sorted straight away. Also with eir we had terrible problem getting everything installed, took about a month i think, we should have cancelled then.

Hope this helps!!

Maybe others may have a better experience and we were/are just unlucky with what happened!
    My Daughter is moving into a new apartment and will need a Broadband/TV Package after Reading this EIR will not be on her list of providers

Hi Folks,

To be fair to Eircom I said I'd come back with feedback on my install. As described above I went for a (fibre) broadband only service. I needed the line moved and effectively re-led from the pole. The wiring guys were chancers alright, they came one Friday evening, didn't get the job finished and they only got back to me 2 weeks later to finish.

But the broadband service is very good. No issues so far, I have the router wired to 2 wireless repeaters over cat5, and from there wifi'ed all over the house, sky go and other video services running on it and all no problem whatsoever so far. The technician said I was getting 80Mb/s clean and eircom call centre maintained that fibre broadband has a 1 to 1 contention ratio, which I have apparently, but I don't believe either claim tbh.

So in summary. a few issues with the wiring sub contractors, but they got the job done eventually, and the broadband service I ordered is very good and has been very reliable so far . So overall very good really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭satguy

They can send a team out to cut you off, in just two days,, but it can take 2 or 3 months to send a team out to fix a problem.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

satguy wrote: »
    They can send a team out to cut you off, in just two days,, but it can take 2 or 3 months to send a team out to fix a problem.. ?

Well firstly they don't need to send a team out to cut a person off and they generally have a two day speed of repair to fix a problem or else they are fined by comreg. So best to ignore satguy's comments which are all wrong.

Very happy with my eir broadband service overall, I just went with the basic e fibre service as the TV service got such a bad review here that I didn't want the hassle.

This was all fine until I went to a friend's house yesterday, he went with Sky for bband, which is very quick indeed,and he also got their terabyte hard disk service. This means he has full access to sky box functionality on every screen in his house (as they have a pvr box extender works over wifi which is very cool), with full access to his recordings and menus at every tv at home, or via any online device e.g. tablet via Wi-Fi from a hotel. That's quite a cool feature in fairness....... I now feel that I settled for the rudimentary option. :(((

P.s. consumers, never bloody happy are we!? :-)

Very happy with my eir broadband service overall, I just went with the basic e fibre service as the TV service got such a bad review here that I didn't want the hassle.

This was all fine until I went to a friend's house yesterday, he went with Sky for bband, which is very quick indeed,and he also got their terabyte hard disk service.  This means he has full access to sky box functionality on every screen in his house (as they have a pvr box extender works over wifi which is very cool), with full access to his recordings and menus at every tv at home, or via any online device e.g. tablet via Wi-Fi from a hotel. That's quite a cool feature in fairness....... I now feel that I settled for the rudimentary option.  :(((    

P.s. consumers, never bloody happy are we!? :-)
    Thanks for your feedback  daithi7, we appreciate it.

-Pamela 

Just looking back on when i first started this thread, February of this year and here we are in September still having problems with our eir account!! We got rid of the tv and phone but kept the broadband, big mistake!

We have been overcharged again this month for over usage, despite been on unlimited!! I also got a text saying our service has been suspended!!
    I paid part of the bill we owned, i cancelled direct debits on our account as it would have been cleaned out by eir, but im not paying for what im been overcharged for.
    I contacted customer service and they said there was an error on our account (its the same fee every month!!) and the charges would be gone.

Im sure ill have to follow up on everything yet again to sort this out, while it was eir that made the error.

I cannot wait for july 2017 when i am out of contract with eir and i can find another competent provider.

Despite contacting customer service yesterday and been told that the extra charges would be taken off i get notification from eir today of my new bill with the extra charges still on it!!

I suppose ill have to ring up yet again and spend another hour on hold and being passed around from person to person to get this sorted. Something that was not of my making, but eir's error yet again. You really like wasting my time!

Are eir now just trying to annoy me at this stage! Ive had over 6 months of messing around with my account from eir and here we are yet again!

Can someone please tell me why these charges were put on my account, just saying there was an error isn't good enough.

P.S. eir chat never works

• Advertisement

Hmmmm they were doing so well, they just had to f**k it up!! :-)

Background: Earlier this year, I was looking for a broadband service & would have considered a complementary tv service bundle to go with it too, but after reading big Verns horrible Eir Service & Support story here, I simply ordered an eir broadband only service in May this year. Despite delays with installing required new wiring to my house, Eir basically installed an excellent,(80mb/s), reliable, broadband service at iirc 35/month for 3 months , reverting to 45/month thereafter. So far so good....it couldn't last, could it, could it!.....? :-)

Two weeks ago they wrote to me to tell me they were upping the basic service charge to 50/month, this despite me being on a ~ new contract with them at 45/month, for 15 more months? Hello!? I rang them, and after the usual delays, I get told that they can do this but since they were changing the terms of our contract I can cancel my contract within 21 days if I like. Grrrr, I hate any body changing a contract during its term, that's a really , really crap way to try to do business. (Wakey, wakey Eir)

Then this eve, I try to watch the btsports and eir sports channels( x6) that they insist on continually informing the world and their mother that they now provide for free with the basic broadband service (I.e. it's included, ....GREAT, but it's totally inaccessible, ......BOOOOO :))

Then when I contact them via chat to sort this access out, , they try to get me to register with myeir.ie , but firstly my repeated attempted registration with myeir.ie keeps failing, which is royally painful, and then to make matters worse, the support chat window that I'm trying to get help on, falls over for good measure, and gives me another error message..... :))) you gotta laugh, or you'll cry! :-)

I ended up emailing their support email this eve , after 1 hour of farting around on eir.ie, with the transcript of the web support chat that i had with their support agents. They say they'll be back in 2 days. Wonderful, fupping wonderful.... only slight issue is I may well have migrated over to Sky at 35/month in 2 s days time.... I mean why not!?

Advertisement