Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 miniireland

Eir broadband has been woeful in greystones area the last few evenings with constant dropping of service and very low speeds on ookla speedtest, and no explaination available, it may be time to look at other avenues

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

daithi7 wrote: »
    Hmmmm they were doing so well, they just had to f**k it up!! :-)

Background: Earlier this year, I was looking for a broadband service & would have considered a complementary tv service bundle to go with it too, but after reading big Verns horrible Eir Service & Support story here, I simply ordered an eir broadband only service in May this year. Despite delays with installing required new wiring to my house, Eir basically installed an excellent,(80mb/s), reliable, broadband service at iirc 35/month for 3 months , reverting to 45/month thereafter. So far so good....it couldn't last, could it, could it!.....? :-)

Two weeks ago they wrote to me to tell me they were upping the basic service charge to 50/month, this despite me being on a ~ new contract with them at 45/month, for 15 more months? Hello!? I rang them, and after the usual delays, I get told that they can do this but since they were changing the terms of our contract  I can cancel my contract within 21 days if I like. Grrrr, I hate any body changing a contract during its term, that's a really , really crap way to try to do business. (Wakey, wakey Eir)

Then this eve, I try to watch the btsports and eir sports channels( x6) that they insist on continually informing the world and their mother that they now provide for free with the basic broadband service (I.e. it's included, ....GREAT, but it's totally inaccessible, ......BOOOOO :))

Then when I contact them via chat to sort this access out, , they try to get me to register with myeir.ie , but firstly my repeated attempted registration with myeir.ie keeps failing, which is royally painful, and then to make matters worse, the support chat window that I'm trying to get help on, falls over for good measure, and gives me another error message..... :))) you gotta laugh, or you'll cry! :-)

I ended up emailing their support email this eve , after 1 hour of farting around on eir.ie, with the transcript of the web support chat that i had with their support agents. They say they'll be back in 2 days. Wonderful, fupping wonderful.... only slight issue is I may well have migrated over to Sky at 35/month in 2 s days time.... I mean why not!?
    At least they wrote to you! When we moved over to stand alone broadband i was told it would be €45, but when we got our bills it was €50, when i phoned up about i was told that 50 is correct and that there was a price increase. I was told that a letter was sent to inform me of this with my last bill. I never got any letter! 

I had also got cut off talking to customer service at few times, but they would never think of calling you back with an update or to try sort it.

I havent even bothered to try get the 'free' sports channels as ive no doubt it would be a hassle and there would be more problems. And im sure eir would put some sort of charge on my bill.
    Eir broadband has been woeful in greystones area the last few evenings with constant dropping of service and very low speeds on ookla speedtest, and no explaination available, it may be time to look at other avenues
    Ive noticed our wifi dropping constantly lately and we never reach the speeds that we are 'supposed' to get. 

I sent a complaint about our latest problems via eir website. I got 2 emails back, from the same eir email address, one telling me that someone would be in touch with me in 2 days and the other email told me it would be 10 days!!! 

Big Vern wrote: »
    Despite contacting customer service yesterday and been told that the extra charges would be taken off i get notification from eir today of my new bill with the extra charges still on it!!

I suppose ill have to ring up yet again and spend another hour on hold and being passed around from person to person to get this sorted. Something that was not of my making, but eir's error yet again. You really like wasting my time!

Are eir now just trying to annoy me at this stage! Ive had over 6 months of messing around with my account from eir and here we are yet again!

Can someone please tell me why these charges were put on my account, just saying there was an error isn't good enough.

P.S. eir chat never works
    So i got a reply to my complaint, but they wont deal with me as im not the account holder. Account is in my wife's name, despite my email been used and her giving permission for me to talk on on her behalf so many times on the phone! 
    So have to get her to email canwehelp@eir.ie to get me as an authorised user on the account. 

So who knows how long that will take so in the meantime would someone please be able to respond to my query above as to why our account was changed around. It is still showing that we owe extra money, despite been told that it would be gone!

So ill try again today, to see if anyone will respond to me...its looking like im in the 15% that eir doesn't respond to on here.

We got our bill in the post yesterday and now i can see why we are been charged extra. Eir have put the price of our stand alone boardband up by €5 yet again! No notice to say this is happening! 

When we stayed with eir boardband i was told that it was €45 per month, fine we went with that. So after all our bills were sorted, tv mobile gone off it. I noticed that we were been charged €50 per month for the boardband. I rang up about this and as per usual i got cut off and no one ever came back to me. This was in June so after the hols etc i rang again. 
    I was told that there was a recent price increase €45 to €50 and that we were sent an letter about this in our last bill, not true never got any letter. I said that we were told that our price was €45 form the start but it has never been this. I said we are not getting fibre to the home but fibre to the cabinet (this caused all our problems in the first place). I was told that we are on the correct plan - 
    Broadband
    eir Fibre Extreme 150Mb
    I said we were told that we were going 100mb unlimited and that we never get near 150mb. The customer service rep checked with their manager and said we are on the correct plan and there must be a tech problem. So after been told for months we were on fibre to the cabinet all of a sudden we are on fibre to the home. I accepted the price increase and was put onto tech support, again on hold for over 20 mins so i gave up.

Now this months bill shows that eir Fibre Extreme is €55 per month, no notice of this increase. So the extra charges are for part of last month.

So yet again eir has changed our bill and our contract without our knowledge or say so, twice in the last few months. Our bill has increase by €10. There is nothing in our bill or did we recieve any letter about a price increase. You are breaking your contract with us.

Now if this is surely a case for comreg!

I will not be paying €55 a month when i was told we would be paying €45. 

Can someone out of Pamela, Ciara, Stacey, Tony...please have a look at this. You have not responded to any of my posts since last week.

You seem to have answered a few people today.

Any chance you could have a look at my posts?

Or are you going to keep on ignoring me?

• Advertisement

So another day of no response on here from eir!

Would be common courtesy at this stage to reply to me, whether you can sort anything or not.

Im going to keep bumping this thread!!

Its now a week since i started posting in this thread again. Yet no response.

So ill just ask again.

Can anyone tell me why my broadband price was increased by €5 twice in the last few months. It was gone from €45 to €55.

Anyone????? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Big Vern,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, sincere apologies for the delayed response. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As you have advised the account is not in your name we would be unable to access this account on your behalf for data protection reasons.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend advising your wife to contact us directly, she can also add you as an authorised contact on 1901 and then we will be able to access the account on your behalf.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

She has given authorisation for me to talk on behalf of the account on numerous occasions on the phone (i suppose there is no record of this). The account has been looked at before on here. I am the one that has dealt with up to 20 calls to your customer service. She has sent an email to [font=Calibri, sans-serif]canwehelp@eircom.ie[/font] to confirm me on the account a few days ago, we have yet to hear anything back.

Why are you making this so difficult for us. You are now hiding behind data protection, yet eir has no problem charging us extra for boardband, twice, while breaking your contract with us. 

I am so fed up of this and how we have been treated.

She has given authorisation for me to talk on behalf of the account on numerous occasions on the phone (i suppose there is no record of this). The account has been looked at before on here. I am the one that has dealt with up to 20 calls to your customer service. She has sent an email to [font=Calibri, sans-serif]canwehelp@eircom.ie[/font] to confirm me on the account a few days ago, we have yet to hear anything back.

Why are you making this so difficult for us. You are now hiding behind data protection, yet eir has no problem charging us extra for boardband, twice, while breaking your contract with us. 

I am so fed up of this and how we have been treated.
    Feel free to PM me the account number Big Vern & I will check this.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

PM sent

PM sent
    Thanks, I have replied Big Vern.

-Pamela 

Christ Almighty am I so glad Im not an Eir customer!!

My sympathies Big Vern. You really have been treated terribly. 

Shame on you Eir for treating a customer in this way.

Shame on you "Eir Reps" for allowing this continue for so long. 

Its pretty obvious you dont care about your customers. I just hope others read this (and the many other threads) before signing up.

TheTorment wrote: »

Its pretty obvious you dont care about your customers. I just hope others read this (and the many other threads) before signing up.

Think we are sorted now! Will see with our next bill.
    It's very frustrating trying to get answers and to get your problem sorted, especially when you didn't cause it in the first place!

Eir really need to get better systems in place.

TheTorment wrote: »

Think we are sorted now! Will see with our next bill.
    It's very frustrating trying to get answers and to get your problem sorted, especially when you didn't cause it in the first place!

Eir really need to get better systems in place.
    Thanks for the feedback Big Vern, I'll pass it on.

-Pamela 

So i get told that my next bill should be sorted.
    I even get a text from Eir saying there was a system error and it is now resolved and that my bill will be credited (the wrong amount).

Well guess what, i get notification about my next bill and the charges are still there!!!! 

It is just laughable now at this stage! If Eir are so desperate for the €11 ill have a collection outside mass on Sunday for ya's....what a joke! 

So i get told that my next bill should be sorted.
    I even get a text from Eir saying there was a system error and it is now resolved and that my bill will be credited (the wrong amount).

Well guess what, i get notification about my next bill and the charges are still there!!!! 

It is just laughable now at this stage! If Eir are so desperate for the €11 ill have a collection outside mass on Sunday for ya's....what a joke! 
    Hi Big Vern,

I have replied to your PM in relation to this.

-Pamela 

Advertisement