Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16GB DDR3-2133 DIMM CL9 V 16GB DDR3-1600 DIMM CL7

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What board are the going into, the DDR3-2133 is faster ram but might not be compatable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

jonny24ie wrote: »
    What board are the going into, the DDR3-2133 is faster ram but might not be compatable

Thanks for the reply. It's going into a Z97S MOBO.

I thought with the lower CL speed that it might be faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

The MSI board according to its compatibility has none of the chips you have selected. It's has sniper and ripjaws but look up there site oc memory list for what you need.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jhud wrote: »
    The MSI board according to its compatibility has none of the chips you have selected. It's has sniper and ripjaws but look up there site oc memory list for what you need.

Hmm, so the info on the mindfactory site isn't too accurate? I didn't realise there was so much detail when chosing ram. I thought it was a lot simpler. Does this mean if I put in the TridentX 2133 it will run at 1600? Or will it even work at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

They'll all run at default speed (1600?) when you first install them. You'll have to go into the BIOS to enable XMP speeds. Usually the manufacturer tests a variety of RAM sets and guarantees that it will work with those. Other ones will usually work as well but you may have to loosen timings or bump the speed down a notch. Bottom line, it's good to order from somewhere with a good return policy :cool:

Luck100 wrote: »
    They'll all run at default speed (1600?) when you first install them. You'll have to go into the BIOS to enable XMP speeds. Usually the manufacturer tests a variety of RAM sets and guarantees that it will work with those. Other ones will usually work as well but you may have to loosen timings or bump the speed down a notch. Bottom line, it's good to order from somewhere with a good return policy :cool:

I ordered from mindfactory.de so hopefully all is good. I'll do some research and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out I will buy one of the ram types suggested in on MSI's compatability menu. Thanks for the help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

You'll probably be fine. Just run memtest86 for a while after you turn on XMP to make sure it's stable.

Advertisement