Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deceased customer - efibre modem

Options
  • 23-02-2016 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Eir, can you please clarify for me who owns the modem on an efibre account?

The account in question was paid up and closed in December following a bereavement. As requested, death certificates were sent in, payments made and the account was, or so I believed, closed.

We are still receiving bills that are aparently for the modem. This is despite nothing being said about this before.

This pertains to a deceased customer. We have enough to be dealing with without having to find and package up a router that, once received, will probably end up in the dustbin anyway.

I'd be grateful for any clarification over what needs to be done, if anything.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

starfry wrote: »
    Hi Eir, can you please clarify for me who owns the modem on an efibre account?

The account in question was paid up and closed in December following a bereavement. As requested, death certificates were sent in, payments made and the account was, or so I believed, closed.

We are still receiving bills that are aparently for the modem. This is despite nothing being said about this before.

This pertains to a deceased customer. We have enough to be dealing with without having to find and package up a router that, once received, will probably end up in the dustbin anyway.

I'd be grateful for any clarification over what needs to be done, if anything.

Thank you.
    Hi starfry

There are different procedures when it comes to deceased customers and I'm more than happy to help you if you would like to PM me the account number?

Normally the fibre modem is property of eir and eir do request the return of the modem and agreement to this when signing up. This is included in eirs fibre broadband terms and conditions which can be viewed here:

[font=Cambria Math","serif]https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf[/font]

Please PM me the account number though, I'm sure I can provide a resolution to this starfry

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 26 starfry

PM sent thanks Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

starfry wrote: »
    PM sent thanks Alan.
    Thanks very much starfry - I'll be back to you on this today :)

Al

Advertisement