Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent wrong size twice.

Options
  • 23-02-2016 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

I've had fierce problems with JD sports. I Ordered new runners 2 weeks ago in a size 6.5. They arrived last week but they were a size 6. I had to return them to my nearest story for a refund where the manager was inconvenienced because it was half 5 on a Saturday. After a huge ordeal online they gave me free delivery to order them again in the 6.5. I really wanted them so I re ordered. They arrived today. I opened the box and guess what size the runners were?? A size 6 again. I've been on to their customer service who issued me with a €10 voucher as an apology after the first mess up. Now they've offered me another €10 as a further apology. Now I need to order the runners in an adult size 7 as the 6.5 in the juniors are sold out which ups the price from €55 to €88. Is there anyway I can ask them for them to pay the difference or am I being too cheeky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Never any harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You've got €20 from them already and now you're looking for another €33, so €53 in total if you get it. Of course you're being cheeky as you would effectively be getting the size 7 runners for free but, that said, you won't get if you don't ask and the worst they can do is say no. BTW you don't have to buy the size 7 shoes you have the option of getting your original €55 refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

slimjimmc wrote: »
    You've got €20 from them already and now you're looking for another €33, so €53 in total if you get it. Of course you're being cheeky as you would effectively be getting the size 7 runners for free but, that said, you won't get if you don't ask and the worst they can do is say no. BTW you don't have to buy the size 7 shoes you have the option of getting your original €55 refunded.

Sorry but I never said I wanted €53. I would ideally like the difference in price between the runners. That's €33. They made the mistake twice and in the time it took for the runners to arrive the second time they had sold out. I'm not looking for a freebie just the runners I wanted hence why I ordered them the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Wellyd wrote: »
    Sorry but I never said I wanted €53. I would ideally like the difference in price between the runners. That's €33. They made the mistake twice and in the time it took for the runners to arrive the second time they had sold out. I'm not looking for a freebie just the runners I wanted hence why I ordered them the second time.

As the poster said you have already got €20 and now you want another €33. That's €53 in total.

There's no harm in asking but I'd be very surprised if the forked out that much. You have €20, I wouldn't quibble over €13 which is the extra you'll be paying.

As the poster said you have already got €20 and now you want another €33. That's €53 in total.

There's no harm in asking but I'd be very surprised if the forked out that much. You have €20, I wouldn't quibble over €13 which is the extra you'll be paying.

I probably should have said that I haven't received the gift voucher yet. But no I don't want €53. As I've already stated on this thread. You might not quibble over €13 but at this point I am. I ordered the runners twice and was sent the incorrect size twice. Now they're out of stock so if I want the runners I ordered I'm going to have to stump up extra cash to order them in the adults size and not the junior it may be a minimal amount but it's not really the point. When it happened the first time I was gracious enough and said mistakes happen but for it to happen twice in the space of a week is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I probably should have said that I haven't received the gift voucher yet. But no I don't want €53. As I've already stated on this thread. You might not quibble over €13 but at this point I am. I ordered the runners twice and was sent the incorrect size twice. Now they're out of stock so if I want the runners I ordered I'm going to have to stump up extra cash to order them in the adults size and not the junior it may be a minimal amount but it's not really the point. When it happened the first time I was gracious enough and said mistakes happen but for it to happen twice in the space of a week is a joke.

If you've made the decision there was no need to write a thread about it.
    Write to them saying you're happy to pay the original price and will use your €20 vouchers so could they knock the €13 off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

My guess is the size 6.5 doesnlt exist in junior.

The reason for price increase is mainly due to VAT.

Shoes made for juniors up to size 5.5 (sometimes they can get away with size 6) have a zero rate.

Where the shoe is multi generational - kids/adults, then size 5.5 / 38 is the cut-off point.

I used to be in the shoe trade and it was rare for a "junior" shoe to be made past size 6 - though the New Balance coloured hikers went to size 7 and were a huge hit in the late 80's cos they sold at a zero rate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Maximum size in junior runners is 5.5 to be VAT exempt, some brands do go to a UK6 but it is very rare and I doubt JD sports have those brands available to them. There is no UK6.5 available in junior these are adult shoes.

sconhome wrote: »
    Maximum size in junior runners is 5.5 to be VAT exempt, some brands do go to a UK6 but it is very rare and I doubt JD sports have those brands available to them. There is no UK6.5 available in junior these are adult shoes.

They were definitely junior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

They were definitely junior.

Looks like they've amended their site. Max size is now 5.5

My guess is someone in jd IT dept looked at the US sizing when entering the digits instead of UK sizes.

US 6.5 = UK 5.5 in boys sizing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement