Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday home insurance

Options
  • 23-02-2016 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Am wondering whether anyone out there can recommend a company for holiday home insurance - for a house that will be let to holidaymakers most of the time and only occasionally occupied by family. Tried Liberty Insurance, but once I mentioned "flat roof" they didn't want to know - it is a very small house and the back half of the roof will be flat over a small extension, possibly 30% to 40% of the entire roof when finished. (what is it with flat roofs anyway?).:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from accommodation and property

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Try Frost Insurance or an Insurance Broker

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

Trish56 wrote: »
    Try Frost Insurance or an Insurance Broker

Thanks, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Brokers are the way to go.

I've had a holiday house insured through Glennon insurance for the last few years.

I've since moved my car insurance to Aaron Insurances, and they organised cover for the holiday house as well this time.

Can't advise on the flat roof though, insurers seem to really hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Brokers are the way to go.

I've had a holiday house insured through Glennon insurance for the last few years.

I've since moved my car insurance to Aaron Insurances, and they organised cover for the holiday house as well this time.

Can't advise on the flat roof though, insurers seem to really hate them!

Thanks HeidiHeidi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Finsure will do those. May as well just go direct to them. Other insurers stop at 30 percent flat roof

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

Very useful -- thanks all.

I'm buying a holiday home at the moment. How much are we talking per annum? (My permanent residence is 180 EUR, would the holiday home be more?)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Very useful -- thanks all.

I'm buying a holiday home at the moment. How much are we talking per annum? (My permanent residence is 180 EUR, would the holiday home be more?)
    We paid 260 this year, it's always been 250+/-

Lucky you with your 180 for your home :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Richards1983

Thanks for the feedback, Heidi.

Hmm, perhaps there are different rates for primary residence vs. holiday home?

Advertisement