Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance: flat roof 25-30% floorplan

Options
  • 23-02-2016 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

We're buying a house that has a pitched roof on the main part two story part and a flat roof on a single story that forms a 'playroom/office' and part of the kitchen.

Based on my measurements the flat roof makes up approx. 27% of the ground floor floor plan.

Can anyone recommend an insurer to provide house insurance? It seems that a lot of them have a 20% limit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

chill.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Thanks Jen.

Just got covered with AIB insurance this morning (was easiest as I'm getting a mortgage through them). Told them the percentage of the footprint of the house (28%) the flat roof was and they covered it provided I keep proof of regular maintenance.

It funny as they're underwritten by Axa but if you contact Axa directly for insurance they will only cover up to 20% flat roof.

Will check with chill.ie when it comes for renewal next year for a comparative quote.

Advertisement