Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to one US Airport and Flying Home from another?

Options
  • 23-02-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi

Going on a 3 week road trip this summer, we plan to go West to East Coast.

We want to fly in to LAX and then fly home from Miami..

anyone ever done this before?, im running in to a surprising amount of difficulty with it. None of the standard airline websites offer this (British Airways, American, DELTA, Aer Lingus etc) - i.e. its not an option when you are booking a flight.

Sky Scanner dont seem to do it either..

any ideas?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I've done it but booked through a travel agent.

Sky scanner have this option though. Pick multi-city when searching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Look for an "open jaw" option. Which sites are you trying to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

I did it last year with ebookers.ie. They have a multi-city option on the flight search

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I done it with Aer Lingus, into Toronto and out of NY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Do this.

Got to americanairlines.ie
    Under SEARCH box, click "refine your search"
    Click tab "multi-city"
    First flight in first box Dublin to Lax
    Second flight miami to Dub (or wherever)

Away you go......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Sky Scanner doesn't offer multi-city searches.

As mentioned above, most airlines have the option if you look directly at their website.

You can also try the Multi-City option on the ITA Matrix Software https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ . You can't book from that site but it should give you an idea of pricing and times on offer.

I've booked a few multi-trip/multi-city journeys using etravel and directly with Delta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Delta absolutely have the multi city option for booking. Have used it so many times

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep, multi city searches (or just fly into one airport and out of another) are definitely possible. I've done such searches on airline websites, as well as travel websites. You just need to poke around the tabs in the search fields. It will be in with the One Way, Round Trip options. They will be the two obvious tabs. Depending on the site you are on, you may have to click on another icon or two to get to other travel options. They are definitely there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

oB1 wrote: »

Remember to also check into the extra cost of dropping off the car in another state. The extra charge can vary from company to company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Multi city option with BA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi

Going on a 3 week road trip this summer, we plan to go West to East Coast.

anyone ever done this before?, im running in to a surprising amount of difficulty with it. None of the standard airline websites offer this (British Airways, American, DELTA, Aer Lingus etc) - i.e. its not an option when you are booking a flight.

Sky Scanner dont seem to do it either..

any ideas?

cheers!

Aer Lingus do offer it, https://new.aerlingus.com/html/planPage/multi-city.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

always book directly with the airline

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

always book directly with the airline

Why? I've booked multi city trips with the airlines themselves & with travel agents & third party travel websites. Never had any hassle with any of them. The only problem I have had, is when I needed a car or a hotel for one part of the trip, but not for all of them. Some websites don't let you separate them out when searching & that is when having a good travel agent came in. But for booking just the flights themselves, I never had any problems booking multi city trips with the airline directly, or with a travel website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Kayak does multi city also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Why? I've booked multi city trips with the airlines themselves & with travel agents & third party travel websites. Never had any hassle with any of them. The only problem I have had, is when I needed a car or a hotel for one part of the trip, but not for all of them. Some websites don't let you separate them out when searching & that is when having a good travel agent came in. But for booking just the flights themselves, I never had any problems booking multi city trips with the airline directly, or with a travel website.

Obviously not you ProudDUB but for inexperienced bookers, the less chains of command the better. Easier to deal with the airlines direct in case of flight changes, delays, blah blah than have to deal with a 3rd party - just my opinion.

Advertisement