Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere in Kildare that is about an hour's drive in rush hour...

Options
  • 23-02-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

to Stephen's Green?

Leaving at 7:45 to get to Stephen's Green for approx 8:45/9:00am.

Would Clane be within that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Leixlip or celbridge... on a good day.
    Clane is doubtful tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 68,865 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The slightest disruption and it can be 45mins to the M50 at that time of day from Maynooth/Leixlip/Celbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Very doubtful. Do you have to drive? Train to pearse and walk woukd probably be faster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Definitely not clane. It's a nightmare once you hit n4 and it takes nearly 15 minutes (minus traffic) as it is to get to there from Clane village.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Train from Leixlip at 7.41, arrive Pearse 8.25, from where it's about a 10 to 15 min walk depending on what part of the green you want to go to.

I haven't driven it in a while at that time, but I'd say it would be competitive, i.e. probably just over an hour (it's about 25-30 mins off peak).

Leixlip is really as close to Dublin as you'll get while staying within the confines of Co Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

7:45 train from Maynooth arrives at Pearse at 8:30. 10 minute walk to Stephen's Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

to Stephen's Green?

Leaving at 7:45 to get to Stephen's Green for approx 8:45/9:00am.

Would Clane be within that time?

The problem is you are looking to drive at the absolute busiest time of day - you'd find it takes an hour from Red Cow to St Stephen's green many days at that time.

As others have said, train will be best option.

From next autumn some trains from Sallins / Newbridge / Kildare will go to Pearse (Westland Row) and its a short walk to Stephen's Green.

If your employer operates the tax saver scheme, the cost of monthly or annual train ticket can be deducted from your gross salary thus saving paye and prsi.
    A train at 7.45/8.00 would comfortably see you at your desk at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

VincePP wrote: »
    The problem is you are looking to drive at the absolute busiest time of day - you'd find it takes an hour from Red Cow to St Stephen's green many days at that time.

As others have said, train will be best option.

From next autumn some trains from Sallins / Newbridge / Kildare will go to Pearse (Westland Row) and its a short walk to Stephen's Green.

If your employer operates the tax saver scheme, the cost of monthly or annual train ticket can be deducted from your gross salary thus saving paye and prsi.
    A train at 7.45/8.00 would comfortably see you at your desk at 9pm

Hazelhatch(Celbridge) trains will go the same route too. Hazelhatch and Maynooth(on the other line)are within the short hop zone, so cheaper for commuting as compared to going further out.

The 66/67x buses are fine, usually about 40 mins to Westmoreland St. from Leixlip or Celbridge, although I don't know what it's like with the Luas works.
    I used to get the 7:10 bus from Celbridge and be in Baggot St for 8. Although that was about 3 years ago.
    Currently I leave Celbridge at 9:10 and drive, M50, Spawell turn off, into Rathmines,Ranelagh and Baggot St from there. 99% of the time I'm in for 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

There's nowhere in West Dublin you'd make it to Stephens Green in an hour at that time. The tail back from Chapelizod bypass alone. And then, do you go down quays or south circular?

Or, Naas road. Forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Have you considered a motorcycle or scooter?

You would have no problem making it to the city centre in less than 30 minutes. I could fairly consistently make it in to Stephen's Green in 20 minutes leaving at 7:30!

I left a couple of suits and pairs of shoes in work and changed when I arrived.

Getting back to Leixlip/Celbridge took no more than 35 minutes in the evening - most of that getting out as far as Heuston.

• Advertisement
Advertisement