Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - livery yard with good facilities

• 23-02-2016 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46

Hi,

Sorry for bringing for posting a topic that has been no doubt been done to death, however I need to move yard in the next couple of weeks and am unsure of what is out there.

I am living in Dublin and am willing to travel within a 30 km radius or so. I've been in a great yard in Maynooth for a couple of years which is now closing. I'm willing to go Northside, Southside or Kildare/Meath.

I'm looking for full livery, preferably in a quiet private yard, not a riding school. Somewhere with a decent arena to work in, cross country jumps/gallops and which is open in the evening during the week. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I do have a pretty good knowledge of the main riding schools and big yards so I reckon I'm looking for somewhere which maybe doesn't advertise : - )

I'd be delighted to hear of any suggestions anyone might have. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

Killossery? Big yes but they do a good job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Whereabouts are you based?
    Theres a few yards that may suit. If you do a google search or FB search you should find details for the,

Balinagappa, Prosperous, Kildare (Might be too far)
    Lullymore Equestrian, Rathangan, Kildare (might be too far but has a FAB derby arena and a small indoor and outdoor arena)
    Copper Beach Stables Kildare (they have a swimming pool for horses too! heard its great and fab facilities but could be too far and maybe a little to riding schooly)
    Knightfield Livery - Straffan Kildare - Indoor and outdoor - regular shows not a riding school
    Collistown Equestrian Center - between maynooth and Dunboyne - indoor outdoor and XC
    Windfield Stables - Ashbourne/Ratoath Meath
    Wellfield Stables - Ballymore Eustace - fantastic care had to mention it. not riding school
    Pembroke Stud and Livery Brittas Co Dublin- large outdoor arena, Xcountry fantastic Hacking
    Ballyteague Stables, Kilmeague kildare, Fab facilites, XC, derby arena large outdoor smaller dressage/ flatwork arena and good hacking - it is a large livery yard though so may not suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Boswell Equestrian - competition centre, 4 arenas, horsewalker, Monarch stables, daily individual turnout on grass. Small number of liveries with great care. I'm south Dublin and it takes me about 20-25 mins to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RubyRedSV

Hiya there.

Theres a great livery yard in Meath, Stables @ Swainstown. In Kilmessan village. Have a look on their fb page/their website swainstownstables.com, thoroughly reccomend them, have had my horse there for about 4 years, lovely friendly yard, great facilities, brilliant instruction, all weather arena, miles of hacking! Conan Rowans contact details are on their facebook page or website ðŸ‘😊

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Boswell Equestrian - competition centre, 4 arenas, horsewalker, Monarch stables, daily individual turnout on grass. Small number of liveries with great care. I'm south Dublin and it takes me about 20-25 mins to get there.

Hey silverfish, where is monarch stables?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

shellbean wrote: »
    Hey silverfish, where is monarch stables?

It's Boswell Equestrian - Monarch is the type of stable :) they are in Ashford Co Wicklow off exit 15 on the M11

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    It's Boswell Equestrian - Monarch is the type of stable :) they are in Ashford Co Wicklow off exit 15 on the M11

Ohhhh ha ha blonde moment 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Lovely yard in Prosperous, Kildare - Little Oak Equestrian, only 20 mins from Dublin but is a riding school.

20 mins further up the road outside Derrinturn, Kildare there is a great yard called Kingsdale - gallops, derby field, massive sand arena, not a riding school but have a HSI coach onsite.

Advertisement