Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate Girls National School vs Swords St Comcilles GNS

Options
  • 23-02-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    We are looking to buy in the next couple of years & have narrowed our search to Swords where we are currently renting or Donabate. We really like Swords & being a Swords native I have a great knowledge of the town.
    We have 3 young daughters under 3 & are looking to buy in an area where they will recieve the best schooling.
    We are looking for opinions on Donabate Girls National School(we have the girls pre enrolled here in case we buy in Donabate) or St Colmcilles GNS, enrollment takes place the Jan before they are due to start so just looking on opinions on both & which would be the better of the two schools.
    Also do many from St Colmcilles go onto Loreto in Swords & what would be the good secondary options for Donabate?
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

St. Colmcilles is one of the primary schools within the Loreto catchment area, there's a link on their admissions page:http://www.loretoswords.ie/policies/admissions-policy/

When my daughters were in Loreto College there were certainly a good number of girls from St. Colmcille's, which is a very good school although my daughters didn't go there, they went to the Holy Family school in Rivervalley. One reservation I would have about St. Colmcille's: if, like me, you have only daughters then bear in mind that the classes are not mixed there. I preferred my daughters not to be segregated from boys in primary school and it worked well, they had lots of friends who were boys when they were growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 p4ddyh1

Cheers for the reply, my wife wants them going to an all girls school but I don't particularly mind myself.

Advertisement