Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking Sites on Eir router

Options
  • 23-02-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    I'm trying to block adult sites on my router so the kids can't access on their tablets
    I have Huawei F2000 and when I got to parental controls and put in a blocked word like Sex , I still can access it on their tablets.
    yet if I put in the word like Facebook it blocks it
    In my previous router I was able to block any word..

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Punish3r

Not familiar with that model, but I would suggest the DNS route.

Try OpenDNS

OpenDNS has something called FamilyShield which blocks adult material with regular server updates.

Fairly straight forward, just a case of changing your DNS IPs to the OpenDNS Servers.

I cannot post the links for you, so just Google - opendns family shield

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, do it with openDNS not onboard, the builtin controls are too limited to be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

"sex" is a pretty broad term to block. You'd essentially be blocking any site that discusses biology and nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

Yes as mentioned above opendns is the way to go. Have it installed across the home network and it works flawlessly.. Happy days !

https://www.opendns.com/

Advertisement