Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block layer

Options
  • 23-02-2016 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

What is the current price per block for block layers in the West? Currently building a story and a half! Have been told it will take 10.5k blocks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

80-100 quid a day in labour costs at year. + materials + VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 49 horsenaughton

Do people price per block anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

They do, and a good block layer will price through the opes ie count doors and windows as solid. Prices for blocks will vary depending on the size of blocks to be laid.

What is the current rate for standard 4" block?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bim bam

Varies from 90cent to 1.10 fora good bricky

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bim bam

I can pass on numbers of brickies in clare/limerick area if you would like

They do, and a good block layer will price through the opes ie count doors and windows as solid. Prices for blocks will vary depending on the size of blocks to be laid.

Yeah that's what I've been told alright! I've been quoted 80c a block and just wondering if that is good or bad?

Yeah that's what I've been told alright! I've been quoted 80c a block and just wondering if that is good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

80cent a block is cheap alright

• Advertisement
Advertisement