Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6+ camera black screen

• 24-02-2016 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

My phone got slightly water damaged 3 months ago, and got it repaired outside of warranty (not Apple). Now the camera isn't working and I just get a black screen. I had the camera replaced but it didn't resolve the problem. Also, the touch screen or the software seems to be on the blink e.g. when I open an email it immediately deletes or when I open an app it will repeatedly press certain keys without me touch the screen. Other thing is that I can't update the

Is the phone knackered or has anyone come across this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Have you tried a full restore using iTunes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Have you tried a full restore using iTunes?

Not via iTunes but I took a back up restarted the phone and then restored it when I signed into iCloud but it was all done on the handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

It's probably in a bad way alright. Might have to buy a new one. Apple won't repair that for you either.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Yeah I agree that its probably fecked but an iTunes restore is sometimes better than wiping straight from the phone settings. It's BER for apple since you had a 3rd party repair but its worth a shot restoring with iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭castykidd

I repair them down in Kinsale and can tell you all the issues or more than likely caused my corrosion of the logic board from the water damage not being resolved properly.
    although they may have got the phone back working if there is any residual moisture it just eats away at the connectors. Have dealt with water damaged iPhone already that got back working but same issue with camera and its more than likely a corroded logic board connection to camera.

The touch issue could either be water related or be a screen that was not fitted properly during re assembly

• Advertisement
Advertisement