Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need UAN to switch provider

Options
  • 24-02-2016 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi there,

Is there any way i can get my UAN without a bill?

My partner and i have set up an Eir account to get old landline in rented house reactivated.
    For some reason, to just book the 'free' cal-lout to activate the line, (which only eir can do?) we had to agree a contract, give direct debit details and set up an eir account, even though we told them upfront that we would not be staying with them as they cannot provide tv in our area. 

We were assured we then had the required 14day cooling-off period in which to choose our new supplier and switch.
    This 14 days ends on Friday and eir have refused to give us our UAN to set up new provider. Partner rang them yesterday and was told they wouldnt give it over the phone, we would have to wait for our bill. He reminded them that our 14 days would be up before it arrived and they were unconcerned. 

I can just cancel the eir account today but i have seen several posts about the UAN then being unavailable once the account is closed! Seems a bit catch-22 and designed to make people give up and stay with the eir contract they never wanted!

Any advice appreciated!
    Eimear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hi there,

My partner and i have set up an Eir account to get old landline in rented house reactivated.
    For some reason, to just book the 'free' cal-lout to activate the line, (which only eir can do?) we had to agree a contract, give direct debit details and set up an eir account, even though we told them upfront that we would not be staying with them as they cannot provide tv in our area. 

We were assured we then had the required 14day cooling-off period in which to choose our new supplier and switch.
    This 14 days ends on Friday and eir have refused to give us our UAN to set up new provider. Partner rang them yesterday and was told they wouldnt give it over the phone, we would have to wait for our bill. He reminded them that our 14 days would be up before it arrived and they were unconcerned. 

I can just cancel the eir account today but i have seen several posts about the UAN then being unavailable once the account is closed! Seems a bit catch-22 and designed to make people give up and stay with the eir contract they never wanted!

Any advice appreciated!
    Eimear
    Never mind, got a bill by email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi there,

Any advice appreciated!
    Eimear
    Never mind, got a bill by email!
    Thanks for the update eimear1

Al

Advertisement