Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line out for two and a half weeks

Options
  • 24-02-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

Hi 

My phone line has been out for 2 and a half weeks , I logged the call on Mon 8th and have asked to be kept up to date, I run a business and I was under the impression that we were a priority and it would take 3-5 working days.

Its now 13 working days or 17 of my working days and now im told that it will be 15th March before its fixed, How is this possible in this day and age.

I asked to speak to a manager, was kept on hold for a further 10mins and then told that they dont have the facility to transfer calls to managers , they can transfer calls to sales but not to a manager.

How is a small business expected to operate in this manner. I have rung on 4 occasions, on 4 occasions I have left my number and im still waiting for the call that definitely  will be made.

Eir you are a disgrace. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Shelflife wrote: »
    Hi 

My phone line has been out for 2 and a half weeks , I logged the call on Mon 8th and have asked to be kept up to date, I run a business and I was under the impression that we were a priority and it would take 3-5 working days.

Its now 13 working days or 17 of my working days and now im told that it will be 15th March before its fixed, How is this possible in this day and age.

I asked to speak to a manager, was kept on hold for a further 10mins and then told that they dont have the facility to transfer calls to managers , they can transfer calls to sales but not to a manager.

How is a small business expected to operate in this manner. I have rung on 4 occasions, on 4 occasions I have left my number and im still waiting for the call that definitely  will be made.

Eir you are a disgrace. 
    Hi Shelflife

Please PM me your land line number and I will investigate this further. Sincere apologies for the delays so far.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

So three weeks later my phone line is back, at no stage were my calls returned and the misinformation given was bizarre to say the least. From they need more tools to they need to dig up the roads to they need to get planning permission to sort out the fault.
    Even worse that the line was back and no one told me !

I asked to speak to a manager on two occasions, the first time I was told that they couldnt physically transfer call to a manager and the second time all the managers had just "gone into a meeting" .

I tweeted your eir care account and they sent me the wrong link to send my complaint. More time wasted !

So I've got my €20 credit - more than I was entitled to according to the lovely gentleman whose attitude summed up Eir to a tee, I said after spending 20 mins on this call alone that the €20 wouldnt pay me for the time spent in calls in trying to sort our Your problem to which he replied its a freephone number its not costing you anything, Ive sorted your credit out 5 mins ago youve spent the last 5 mins wasting your own time.

Lovely company, lovely attitude and I will be leaving as I can. Disgraceful attitude to customers    

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Shelflife wrote: »
    So three weeks later my phone line is back, at no stage were my calls returned and the misinformation given was bizarre to say the least. From they need more tools to they need to dig up the roads to they need to get planning permission to sort out the fault.
    Even worse that the line was back and no one told me !

I asked to speak to a manager on two occasions, the first time I was told that they couldnt physically transfer call to a manager and the second time all the managers had just "gone into a meeting" .

I tweeted your eir care account and they sent me the wrong link to send my complaint. More time wasted !

So I've got my €20 credit - more than I was entitled to according to the lovely gentleman whose attitude summed up Eir to a tee, I said after spending 20 mins on this call alone that the €20 wouldnt pay me for the time spent in calls in trying to sort our Your problem to which he replied its a freephone number its not costing you anything, Ive sorted your credit out 5 mins ago youve spent the last 5 mins wasting your own time.

Lovely company, lovely attitude and I will be leaving as I can. Disgraceful attitude to customers    
    Hi Shelflife, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing  issues you have had and for the delays in getting your service back up and running. 

I completely understand your frustration. I will pass this feedback on for you.  

Apologies for inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement