Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary/spare kit?

• 24-02-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭

I have a Joyetech eGrip for the past month (over 2 weeks fully off smokes), which is great, but I know things can break, or just stop working, and I don't want to end up back on the smokes because of a failed battery or something equally stupid.

It'd also be handy to have an alternate that I could use to try out different flavours.

I'm looking for a backup option that wouldn't be too expensive to maintain, but has a decent output.

I see the iStick Basic, which appeals to me as it's a similar form factor to what I have already, but what are my best options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Any back up is better than none! If you're after on-board battery devices then the iStick line is a good place to look as any. The 30/40/50w versions are good enough as back ups. Many even use them as mains.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

Any back up is better than none! If you're after on-board battery devices then the iStick line is a good place to look as any. The 30/40/50w versions are good enough as back ups. Many even use them as mains.

I would stick with the 30w or 40w versions of the iStick.

The 50w versions have been known to explode at random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The 30w is fine, and good value. We have one here as a spare, one issue is that the base screws keep coming loose for no apparent reason. Those little blue screwdrivers are great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

Thanks for that. I can't post links, but the eGrip is one with the tank inside the mod.

I break stuff easily, so I need a bit of ruggedness :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Coolfire 4 is a great lil mod, easy to use and reliable, steering clear of isticks myself lately nothing but issues for me. Coolfire has been great and I've dropped it a few times!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

Yes Coolfires are very reliable.

Advertisement