Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Galway Clinic from town?

Options
  • 24-02-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with buses out to the clinic? Frequency, stops etc, thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

The 410 from the bus station is what you're looking for - http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425472904-410.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Whats the fare approx? And what would taxi cost?

No idea about the taxi cost but I seem to recall the one way ticket out to the clinic was under E4 this time last year... I completely forget how much under though, sorry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

The 410 from the bus station is what you're looking for - http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425472904-410.pdf

Where could I find the return from Galway clinic timetable?

Where could I find the return from Galway clinic timetable?

Ask and ye shall receive :) - http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425472921--410.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

You could take the #409 bus to the Roscam stop - runs every 15 minutes. It is only a 5 minute walk to the Clinic but there are no crossing points or footpaths at the roundabout. A real barrier for sustainable transport to and from the Galway Clinic.

You could take the #409 bus to the Roscam stop - runs every 15 minutes. It is only a 5 minute walk to the Clinic but there are no crossing points or footpaths at the roundabout. A real barrier for sustainable transport to and from the Galway Clinic.

They should build a foot bridge but that would make too much sense for the idiots in city hall

They should build a foot bridge but that would make too much sense for the idiots in city hall

Ya agree. Perhaps continue on from Merlin Park lane?
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2804124,-8.974675,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPUMbCrNsICnJ3yJ5cVSWAQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Was this the old road before dual carraigeway was installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The "idiots" in City Hall only have so much to spend, a footbridge to get to Galway Clinic would not exactly be a priority in fairness and shouldn't be when there already a bus service there (the 410 Oranmore).

What planet are we living on that an hourly service to Galway Clinic is unsustainable? :confused:

Am I missing something or are there thousands of people desperately trying to access the clinic at all hours of the day?

I use the 410 not infrequently and there is usually a max of one person getting off or getting on at Galway Clinic, frequently no-one doing either.

The "idiots" in City Hall only have so much to spend, a footbridge to get to Galway Clinic would not exactly be a priority in fairness and shouldn't be when there already a bus service there (the 410 Oranmore).

What planet are we living on that an hourly service to Galway Clinic is unsustainable? :confused:

Am I missing something or are there thousands of people desperately trying to access the clinic at all hours of the day?

I use the 410 not infrequently and there is usually a max of one person getting off or getting on at Galway Clinic, frequently no-one doing either.

not infrequently??? confused

A regular bus service to a hospital where Thousands of people work around the clock. Include visitors, patients along with day clinics and I'd imagine your missing something pretty obvious Alrite!!

• Advertisement

City hall have spent millions and continue to pour money into on a personal vanity art house cinema that's still not close to completion after 7 years. There's plenty to spend if they spent it wisely. A hourly expensive bus service is not enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ya agree. Perhaps continue on from Merlin Park lane?
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2804124,-8.974675,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPUMbCrNsICnJ3yJ5cVSWAQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    Was this the old road before dual carraigeway was installed?
    Yes. It continues on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

A regular bus service to a hospital where Thousands of people work around the clock. Include visitors, patients along with day clinics and I'd imagine your missing something pretty obvious Alrite!!

There are only about 150 beds if it takes "THOUSANDS" to work there around the clock then it wont stay open for long and the problem goes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In common English - I use that bus often enough and there is very, very small demand for people going to the Galway Clinic, which is a fully private clinic with 153 beds overall.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that there are 'thousands' of people urgently in need of a service better than an hourly shuttle. :confused:

Actually laughable that you're accusing the Council of wasting money yet want a footbridge and an improved bus service to a private hospital with 150 beds and tiny service demand.

In common English - I use that bus often enough and there is very, very small demand for people going to the Galway Clinic, which is a fully private clinic with 153 beds overall.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that there are 'thousands' of people urgently in need of a service better than an hourly shuttle. :confused:

Actually laughable that you're accusing the Council of wasting money yet want a footbridge and an improved bus service to a private hospital with 150 beds and tiny service demand.

This thread is about a bus service, let's stay on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You started it WIG.
    But yeah, let's keep it on buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There is a lot of search traffic looking for information about bus services to the Galway Clinic, and even occasional emails from prospective staff asking about the bus service and will it get them there for 7am. Even though there are only a few hundred inpatient beds, they do a lot of outpatient clinics.

The fact that the bus service is only hourly is a real disincentive to using it. I believe that a more frequent service would drive demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

This thread is about a bus service, let's stay on topic

Haha, you brought up the arthouse cinema? :confused:

The clinic can pay for a footbridge - they have already recently built a multi-story car park and more than likely have plans to expand the clinic in the future. It could be used as a condition of planning for further expansion. If better walking, cycling, and public transport facilites(bus tops , REAL Time etc) are in the vicinity would not have to rely on increasing the frequency of the #410 service but one could also utilise the existing service provision of the #409

Advertisement