Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house, efibre at new address not live yet

Options
  • 24-02-2016 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Hi

I currently have unlimited efibre broadband and talk package but am moving house in March and it looks like the efibre cabinet at my new address is not ready yet(being worked on from what I can gather) where does that leave me with regard to transferring my service?
    Do I move to a downgraded package on regular broadband? Will this cost less? And would this be considered a new contract?

And if so, will I be able to upgrade once efibre is available? Without incurring further costs?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Hi

I currently have unlimited efibre broadband and talk package but am moving house in March and it looks like the efibre cabinet at my new address is not ready yet(being worked on from what I can gather) where does that leave me with regard to transferring my service?
    Do I move to a downgraded package on regular broadband? Will this cost less? And would this be considered a new contract?

And if so, will I be able to upgrade once efibre is available? Without incurring further costs?

Thanks
    Hi Cherrycola

The cost of broadband and fibre are the same - When eFibre is not available when moving to a new address and to avoid cancellation fees (if your existing account is in contract) normal broadband would need to be installed at the new address and when efibre becomes available a free upgrade will be offered.

As contracts are based per specific address a new contract will begin when service is installed at the new address although an upgrade to efibre will still be available when the cabinet launches.

To a quote on prices, more information or to place your order please contact eir cancellations on free phone 1800303600

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Ok, we are out of contract so would have to start a new contract on moving house then? Are all discount bundles available to us then as if we were new customers?

Ok, we are out of contract so would have to start a new contract on moving house then? Are all discount bundles available to us then as if we were new customers?
    Hi Cherrycola

If you're wishing to keep the same number then it may be different to new sign ups. If you're not keeping the same number then I would recommend just closing the account and placing a new online order for service (where the best value is). I'm unaware of monthly prices involved in service provided as part as a move but to query this please call cancellations on 1800303600.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Cherrycola

If you're wishing to keep the same number then it may be different to new sign ups. If you're not keeping the same number then I would recommend just closing the account and placing a new online order for service (where the best value is). I'm unaware of monthly prices involved in service provided as part as a move but to query this please call cancellations on 1800303600.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks

What's the procedure if I choose to go to another provider but want to keep the same number, or is that possible?

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Cherrycola

Thanks
    Al

Thanks

What's the procedure if I choose to go to another provider but want to keep the same number, or is that possible?
    In that event you will need to contact your chosen provider to take over the line at your existing premises and then ask them to arrange the move to the new premises. As a new contract with eir applies with a move and new subscription you would not be able to move to another provider if eir arranged the move until the contract is over (without incuring cancellation fees that is).

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement