Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VIP e cig formula change

Options
  • 24-02-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I thought I'd post this here for anyone else using the VIP ecigs: the formula of their cartomizers has changed since Christmas. I got a big batch of my usual USA Tobacco 24 mg, rang them up after tasting it and they confirmed the change.

Apparently due to new regulation, they're not allowed to source their contents from outside the EU, so they had to move to a UK manufacturer. That's obviously not their fault, but I'm pretty annoyed that VIP kept it quiet - no notice anywhere on their website, and the sales person didn't say a word (even though I told him that I had bought the last batch last year). The customer service person on the phone was quick to advise that I could return the unopened packets and test out another flavour, so I assume other people have been complaining.

The new taste isn't vile, but it is entirely different from the original (another thing that annoys me; who in VIP thought that this would make an adequate replacement?!). It's also VERY sweet which is really not my thing - sweeter even than the original British tobacco flavour, and there is significantly less of a hit.

I'm thinking of switching to a "proper" vaper anyway, but if anyone happens to know of a good equivalent of VIP's USA Tobacco that doesn't taste like inhaling a bag of sugar, I would be very grateful for your advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The VIP liquids changed about a year ago when they moved manufacturing to the UK, the cartos only changed recently as far as I'm aware (worked for them up til late last year and they hadn't changed back then).

The only tobacco flavour carto you'll get that doesn't taste really sweet is the Virginia.

That said, you'd be much, much better off going for a kit that you put liquid into, even a basic one.

For liquid, the brand Liqua do one called American Blend Tobacco that's very similar to the old VIP flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

How much are they costing you a week/month if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gilwen

Penny Tration that's really helpful, thanks so much! Will try out the Liqua.

EGriff, the cost is another reason why I want to move to a kit. Not counting the 12eur battery I spend about 20 eur per week (one cartridge per day). That may not seem like much, but as I wasn't a heavy smoker it's the same amount I used to spend on the fags. Only became aware of that a few weeks ago, so I suppose it's just as well I'm "forced" to switch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Gilwen wrote: »
    Penny Tration that's really helpful, thanks so much! Will try out the Liqua.

EGriff, the cost is another reason why I want to move to a kit. Not counting the 12eur battery I spend about 20 eur per week (one cartridge per day). That may not seem like much, but as I wasn't a heavy smoker it's the same amount I used to spend on the fags. Only became aware of that a few weeks ago, so I suppose it's just as well I'm "forced" to switch now.

you're actually using less than most of my customers were :pac:

Most people I know who switched to the liquid one, bought the Liqua liquid. It's 11 euro for a 30ml bottle - the bottle will last you about 3 or 4 times as long as one pack of VIP cartomizers.

Basic kits start at as little as €15 euro but really, you'd be better off paying say 60 ish for a good kit that'll last you a long time and not need half as much charging.

you're actually using less than most of my customers were :pac:

Most people I know who switched to the liquid one, bought the Liqua liquid. It's 11 euro for a 30ml bottle - the bottle will last you about 3 or 4 times as long as one pack of VIP cartomizers.

Basic kits start at as little as €15 euro but really, you'd be better off paying say 60 ish for a good kit that'll last you a long time and not need half as much charging.

LOL that makes me feel a bit better about my spend :)
    Once again thanks so much for that ton of info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Pssssst..... come round the corner there... shush now.... little secret for ya....

I started out with a VIP kit but would need 2 or 3 of those very expensive little carts a day. I soon worked out that I could pull the mouthpiece out (the plastic bit with the hole) and refill the cart with some juice from a much cheaper bottle. This worked out great until I learned a bit more about vaping and moved onto a tank system.

This might be a potential way to try a few alternative juices in a form factor you like. Also look for other brands "usa" or "cowboy" juices or even "RY4" which is what all these brands are based on - a light fluffy mouth feel with a slight caramel aftertaste.

Argh thanks so much!! Buying liquid tomorrow, will test it out. Have been looking up the tanks but worried that I'm still a bit too attached to the cigarette form. So until I've weaned myself off it this sounds like a great solution.

Advertisement