Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Better than Fire Warrior? :P

I give this comment 6/10

And it's marginally better than Firewarrior, much better than Streets of Rage, and wipes Golden Axe from it's combat boots

• Oh man Nightmare is tough! So rewarding though, love it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think the compass (top of the screen) tends to point you in the right direction if your stuck. Worked for me.

Turns out the control panel was right in the room I was stuck in...

My room mate figured it out in 30 seconds, and the last FPS he played was Duke Nukem 3D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've also had a few moments like that ...Damn control panels !

Can't beat the damn cyber demon in the 2nd round in hell ��

• Advertisement

• Game of the year?

Yea, I'm defiantly going there. In-fact best single player FPS I have played in years

• Can't beat the damn cyber demon in the 2nd round in hell ��

You really need to use double jump for some of his attacks as well as circle strafing
    If he traps you use the double jump rapidly, save your BFG then use it on him when he's just finished a flurry of rockets and it will stun him leaving him open for rocket attacks

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You really need to use double jump for some of his attacks as well as circle strafing
    If he traps you use the double jump rapidly, save your BFG then use it on him when he's just finished a flurry of rockets and it will stun him leaving him open for rocket attacks
    Used most of my BFG ammo on the 1st fight against him but eventually got him on the 2nd fight using mostly the plasma rifle and rockets, Finished it 2 nights ago , what a cracking ****ing game loved every minute of it definitely the best FPS i've played in years, Story is brilliant aswell they revealed it slowly that you're the doom slayer absolutley fantastic stuff

Here's hoping they do a sequel soon or even a Quake game that would be amazing

Down to 44.99 in argos, so going to pick this up later I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Down to 44.99 in argos, so going to pick this up later I think

I got it yesterday. Best 45 bucks I ever spent.

• Advertisement

There is a demo now on the Xbox store for anyone looking to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's only £29.99 on Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Paid almost 70 euro for this. I almost always buy a few months after release when the big discounting starts, so this is the most I've spent on a game in ages. I regret nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

24.99 on amazon just now.

[correction] 26.64 with Irish tax on it. Works out a shade under 35 euros with free postage.

Zith wrote: »
    24.99 on amazon just now.

Where? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just got my copy today. Is the MP any good or is it really all about the single player?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Where? :confused:

Yeah I had a look and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

DOOM

This is for PC, sorry if I confused anyone! PS4 and xbox one are both 29.99

Bloody PC and it's good value for money. Pity I can't be ar$ed using a KB&M for and FPS. Yeah you read that right. I prefer controllers. So shoot me.... quickly, with your better aiming and FPS :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bloody PC and it's good value for money. Pity I can't be ar$ed using a KB&M for and FPS. Yeah you read that right. I prefer controllers. So shoot me.... quickly, with your better aiming and FPS :P

Get off this thread and take your wrong with you!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get off this thread and take your wrong with you!

WASD was never designed with human ergonomics in mind!

There, I said it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just got my copy today. Is the MP any good or is it really all about the single player?

Multiplayer is terrible. It takes ideas from a few different franchises and they don't mix well.

Multiplayer is terrible. It takes ideas from a few different franchises and they don't mix well.

If it's mechanically the same as the Beta, I 100% agree with this. It's just..... bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If people are looking for the free trial on Steam, its a seperate list called "Doom Demo" and not under the main game page.

Gave it a spin and its pretty good, runs like butter on my system which is kinda above the minimum (i5, 8Gb Ram, 970GTX probably helped), moving feels good even when climbing up ledges, executions felt nice as usually they bog FPS games down but these were about as fast as using a regular melee attack or kicking an enemy in Duke 3D.

Think it needs to have the music muted and the original Doom soundtrack playing at max in the background :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

WASD was never designed with human ergonomics in mind!

There, I said it :o
    You know that we can change the keys we use, right? WASD is daft, RDFG is where it's at - loads more keys around you and more comfortable. Lefties tend to rebind to the Arrow Keys which is even less ergonomic :P

Shiminay wrote: »
    You know that we can change the keys we use, right? WASD is daft, RDFG is where it's at - loads more keys around you and more comfortable. Lefties tend to rebind to the Arrow Keys which is even less ergonomic :P

The reeks of scrubbiness off me is overpowering.

TBH, I just never played shooters on the PC, I did on Console since N64/Gamecube etc. So it's just what I'm used to.

Use PC for Strategy games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I tried playing MW2 on a PC with a KB&M and was horrific.
    Played MW1 on a PC and no troubles but it's like I unlearned everything after going console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xbox controller on steam...... That will sort out your KB/M mess out lads ;)

• Advertisement

• Multiplayer is terrible. It takes ideas from a few different franchises and they don't mix well.

Thanks actually harsh. It's really not that bad at all.

Advertisement